Mag Talk - Ultra Jump (Seinen Mag by Shueisha) | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Ultra Jump (Seinen Mag by Shueisha)

cue1996

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ultra Jump March Issue:
Biorg Trinity (Cover, Lead CP)
Melancholia
Border World
Rozen Maiden 0
Mononogatari
Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!!
Rapaz Theme Park
Jojolion
Onegai Dessan (One Shot)
RWBY (End)
No Guns Life
Kaijin Youchien
Lady & Oldman
Connect
Koi wa Hikari
Ad Astra
Meme to Tete。(One Shot)
Ariadne no Kanmuri
Zaiken (One Shot)
Hayate×Blade 2
Otasaa no Joou (One Shot)
Dasei 67 Percent

Gingitsune, Levius/est (Absent)

HIGAN0

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Eyrie
Preview #4
April Issue:
Cover, Lead CP
: Dasei 67 Percet
CP: Ii Yu Dane! ( New Irregular Series by Akimoto Osamu )
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Issue #04
Cover
: Dasei 67 Percent

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Issue #04 :
Dasei 67 Percent (Cover, Lead CP)
No Guns Life
Mononogatari
Ii Yu Dane! (CP, New Irregular Series)
Lady & Oldman
Kaijin Youchien
Jojolion
Melancholia
Rozen Maiden 0
Koukan (One Shot)
Ad Astra
Border World
Connect
Biorg Trinity
Ariadne no Kanmuri
Rapaz Theme Park
Hayate×Blade 2
Honey Magic (One Shot)
Levius/est

Gingitsune, Koi wa Hikari (Absent)
Issue 05 :
Cover: Jojolion
CP: Koi wa Hikari, Oukoku Monogatari (New Series by Nakamura Asumiko)

PREVIEW :

redon

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Ultra Jump #05/2017 cover.

HIGAN0

Reaction score
Country
Eyrie
May Issue Cover ( Better Quality ) :

May Issue:
Jojolion (Cover)

Dasei 67 Percent
Oukoku Monogatari (CP, New Series)
Yasetai-san to Shitsuren-chan (One Shot)
Tora Tora (One Shot)
Biorg Trinity
No Guns Life
Engawa to Robot (One Shot)
Rozen Maiden 0
Koi wa Hikari (CP)
Border World
Lady & Oldman
Connect
Mononogatari
Rapaz Theme Park
Hayate×Blade 2
Makkuro (One Shot)
Kuro Rekishi Ibun-roku (One Shot)
Gingitsune
Kaijin Youchien
Ad Astra
Melancholia
Levius/est

Ariadne no Kanmuri (Absent)

June Issue:
Cover: Biorg Trinity
Lead CP: Assassin's Pride (New Series by Amagi Kei (Original Work), Ninomoto Nino (Character Design), and Katou Yoshie (Comicalization))
CP: Dasei 67 Percent, No Guns Life

June Issue Cover :

Credit to Kaizou 10

June Issue:

Assassins Pride (Lead CP, New Series)
Mononogatari
Melancholia
Koi wa Hikari
No Guns Life (CP)
Oukoku Monogatari
Dasei 67 Percent (CP)
Biorg Trinity (Cover)
Jojolion
Play Girl (One Shot)
Ariadne no Kanmuri
Harapeko Calamity! (One Shot)
Lady & Oldman
Kaijin Youchien
Border World
Connect
Rapaz Theme Park
Ad Astra
Hayate×Blade 2
Levius/est

Gingitsune, Rozen Maiden 0 (Absent)

July Issue:
Cover, Lead CP: Mononogatari
CP: Biorg Trinity, Lady & Oldman, Border World

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Biorg Trinity will end soon.

Vizard

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Genosha

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whelp...its been quite a confusing ride with Biorg Trinity kinda sad that even in the midst of its ending translators aren't even close to finishing it granted before it was snatched by Viz Tenjho Tenge was done by one person throughout its entire run and Air Gear was picked up and dropped by several Edited Mangas group until Mangastream finished the last chapters but it feels like Biorg Trinity was ignored throughout its 5 year run. Now I wonder if OG is going to work on the promised Air Gear sequel he left open with the extra chapter two years ago?

Last edited:

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I don't think it's confusing at all but I usually am more than fine with any Oh!Great work. Rare Edited Manga releases mostly have to do with high demands both for translators and editors since neither Maijo no Ogure do it easy for them. Redraws alone are hell. Thankfully, we have been getting steady biweekly releases of Biorg Trinity from Timeless Scans since September.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Oh!Great plans next since he has good ties to both Shueisha and Kodansha.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
It got better as it went on but towards the end I can safely say that the beginning felt needlessly obtuse which pretty much scared off readers but as it actually started to reveal the central conflict down the line it became much easily to go through in-comparison to the convoluted story of Tenjho Tenge and the absolute mess which was Air Gear. Surprised Biorg Trinity didn't get as much buzz as those two did.

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Unlike Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge, Biorg Trinity had neither anime nor any additional promotion, so that could explain the lack of web presence. Yet, despite that it still managed to become one of the top bestsellers in Ultra Jump. And get published in France. And Taiwan. Even if these two publish everything anyway.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
So volume 13 is the final volume for Biorg Trinity, right? If so I don't know how to feel about the ending. Finishing volume 13 with chapter 54, the ending an pretty much be summed up in one word : HUH?
Like I'd say it's really close to a WTF ending but not sure, I gotta re-read the series to decide that but one thing I know is that Maijou Outarou stayed true to the type of stuff he writes, which is pretty crazy through and through. Biorg Trinity was the same and the ending doesn't really feel like it's the end of the series, it's similar to what Ishida Sui did with Tokyo Ghoul except Biorg Trinity really is over while it got known right away Tokyo Ghoul would continue.

Edit : nevermind, looking online it seems the final chapter is numbered 56 so I'm guessing there'll be one more volume soon or something. Kinda explain why the ending of volume 13 felt off to me.

Last edited:

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States

The second of my 3 new additions to my TOC charting for 2018: Ultra Jump! Admittedly, there's only one series that I've ever followed from here; the undeniably cute Usagi-moku Shachiku-ka! It's such a silly concept that I decided to look into what else was published in the magazine, and it turned out the TOCs were all readily available on the official website and since they were pretty short, I figured why not. 2018 has been pretty good to Ultra Jump to the uninformed eye. We have another anime adaptation for the franchise that JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion is part of, and it seems to be a pretty popular franchise as a whole. Besides that, it recently started serializing a spin-off of the wildly popular (for some reason) World's End Harem series: Shuumatsu no Harem Fantasia. It is still quite new, but if it manages to sell nearly as well as the original, it'll be quite the sales hit. There were 5 new series in 2018 and 5 series concluded during the year.

Time for the stats! Crazily enough, there was a 10-way tie of most color pages with 2 color pages each: JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion, Maou-sama Chotto Sore Totte!!, Mononogatari, No Guns Life, Lady & Old Man, Rozen Maiden 0, Assassin's Pride, Usagi-moku Shachiku-ka, Shuumatsu no Harem Fantasia, and Ookami Rise. There were 5 series that managed to get perfect attendance (appeared in all 12 issues) for 2018: Dasei 67 Percent, Lady & Old Man, Connect, Melancholia, and Usagi-moku Shachiku-ka. The lowest standard deviation (lower = position in TOC changes less each issue; higher = position in TOC changes more each issue) went to Levius/est in a negative way and JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion in a positive way. The highest standard deviation went to Dasei 67 Percent.

Looking ahead to 2019, I've heard on here that Jojo has entered its climax. Being unfamiliar with the series and seeing as how there are multiple parts, I suppose there could easily be another part added in the future, but who knows when that would be or if it would even be in Ultra Jump again. Greedily, I'd say to invest all monetary resources into Usagi-moku Shachiku-ka and into producing similar comedies to it to break of a lot of the heaviness that appears in this magazine. Some of the old guard is showing signs of concluding. However, there are some promising potential successes in the making, including Assassin's Pride and Shuumatsu no Harem Fantasia, so the magazine doesn't seem to be getting complacent with its past successes. Looking ahead, I'd say that Ultra Jump is positioning itself decently to make it through 2019.

Savi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
In hope this thread will be more active than 2018 which got only 3 comments, posting all covers since the last one posted here (Nov 2017), the next Issue (March) will be out in 9 days.

2017-12 - Oukoku Monogatari | 2018-01 - Jojolion | 2018-02 - No Guns Life | 2018-03 - Assassin's Pride

2018-04 - Usagi-moku Shachiku-ka | 2018-05 - Dasei 67 Percent | 2018-06 - World's End Harem - Fantasia | 2018-07 - Mononogatari

2018-08 - Jojolion | 2018-09 - No Guns Life | 2018-10 - Ookami Rise | 2018-11 - Jojolion

2018-12 - Assassin's Pride | 2019-01 - Mononogatari | 2019-02 - Ookami Rise

Savi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Officially licensed titles from Ultra Jump, if I missed something feel free to comment and add.
Using official English titles, note that JManga service is no more but I mentioned it.
  • Abara (Viz Media, Complete)
  • Ashen Victor (Viz Media, Complete)
  • Aqua Knight (Viz Media, Complete)
  • Bastard!! (Viz Media, 19 Volumes, Dropped)
  • Battle Angel Alita Another Stories (Kodansha Comics, Complete)
  • Battle Angel Alita Last Order (Kodansha Comics, Complete)
  • BioMega (Viz Media, Complete)
  • Dogs (Viz Media, Complete)
  • Dogs - Bullets & Carnage (Viz Media, Ongoing)
  • Hayate x Blade (Seven Seas, 6 Volumes, Dropped)
  • Kagome Kagome (JManga, Complete)
  • Riot (Viz Media, Complete)
  • R.O.D - Read or Die (Viz Media, Complete)
  • R.O.D - Read or Dream (Viz Media Complete)
  • Rohan au Louvre (NBM Publishing, Complete)
  • RWBY (Viz Media, Complete)
  • Space Patrol Luluco (Crunchyroll, Complete)
  • Steam Detectives (Viz Media, 8 Volumes, Dropped)
  • Tenjou Tenge (Viz Media, Complete)
  • The Monkey King (Dark Horse, Ongoing)

March 2019 cover and Dasai 67% Volume 5 cover, the only volume UJ release this month.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker

No Guns Life, Levius and Levius/est were all licensed in English by Viz.