(Un)oficial "Whos Estarrosa" Pool, Mostly for bragging rights | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

(Un)oficial "Whos Estarrosa" Pool, Mostly for bragging rights

What is Estarrosa´s "true" Origin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just a fun little thread for "I told you so" later.
I put up there all the ideas I could think or remember, but if you have any other, please tag me so I can put it up there.

On the memory thing, based only on gowther expression at the end, I think (really reaching it just to have one more option XD) that Estarrosa idendity could be linked to what Old Gowther did to end the war

Feel free to discuss and have fun people

Eiyuu Yami

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I would say he is just the 2nd son of the DK who happens to be born without darkness and also looked up to Meliodas but this one memory of Eli asking about if he was scolded by his elder brother totally ruins that...

I really can't figure out why anybody would play around with his memories... Maybe he found out about gowthers plans and Gowther rekt his mind lol?

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I would say he is just the 2nd son of the DK who happens to be born without darkness and also looked up to Meliodas but this one memory of Eli asking about if he was scolded by his elder brother totally ruins that...

I really can't figure out why anybody would play around with his memories... Maybe he found out about gowthers plans and Gowther rekt his mind lol?
I dont really believe it either, as I said I was just reaching out for any possibilities XD

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A Clone of Meliodas the DK made from Meliodas dna. To either keep Meliodas in check or to have another genius like Meliodas.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Estarossa's the second son of the Demon King. After fathering a genius who had massive power of darkness, the DK decided to father a demon who had higher tolerance to Ark and could even absorb it. Estarossa's meek demeanor and lack of power of darkness was a side effect the DK didn't expect.

About the memory issue, Estarossa ate Mael's soul and inherited the Archangel's memories. However, he couldn't absorb the Grace because Mael lost it when he died.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oh sorry, did not see i mistyped 2nd for 3rd ><
Correcting that
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
welp guess i cant edit what I already put it, just pretend its 2nd son everbody

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Estarossa's the second son of the Demon King. After fathering a genius who had massive power of darkness, the DK decided to father a demon who had higher tolerance to Ark and could even absorb it. Estarossa's meek demeanor and lack of power of darkness was a side effect the DK didn't expect.

About the memory issue, Estarossa ate Mael's soul and inherited the Archangel's memories. However, he couldn't absorb the Grace because Mael lost it when he died.
When did Estarossa absorb an Ark.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
When did Estarossa absorb an Ark.
So far, he didn't. But the Archangels were surprised that Elizabeth's Ark didn't damage him. She wasn't trying to harm Estarossa, but the Archangels commented on it nonetheless.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So far, he didn't. But the Archangels were surprised that Elizabeth's Ark didn't damage him. She wasn't trying to harm Estarossa, but the Archangels commented on it nonetheless.
He was strong enough to resist it,he can't absorb Ark.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
He was strong enough to resist it,he can't absorb Ark.
I was talking more about why the DK would try to create a demon more resistant to Ark. Because he wanted someone who could use both power of darkness and power of light.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I was talking more about why the DK would try to create a demon more resistant to Ark. Because he wanted someone who could use both power of darkness and power of light.
Their power level depe d upon their resistance to Ark.Like strong Demons can resit weaker Goddesses Ark while strong GC can resist weaker Demon's darkness.

Demons can use light,unless Tristan comes.

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Their power level depe d upon their resistance to Ark.Like strong Demons can resit weaker Goddesses Ark while strong GC can resist weaker Demon's darkness.

Demons can use light,unless Tristan comes.
Meliodas who's stronger than Estarossa was still hurt by Elizabeth's Ark at least twice (from her light barrier in the Holy War flashback, and from her "light" slap before she escaped). Stronger Demons have higher resistance to Ark, true. But I still find the Archangels' words curious.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not a PL discussion guys, just a origin one XD

titantron91

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Regular 2nd son of the DK who just happened to be unlucky.

Next best theories are he's a Mel clone (he looks like Mel's twin) and he's an artificial demon (and a modified one, he looks like he has no hearts).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
TBH I don't really doubt estarosa's origin. He is the demon king's meek son who was given a commandment and lost his sanity. He was given the commandment of love because his father, to whatever capacity the demon king can, loved him. Estarosa being a meek child unable to hurt a fly would be ideal for the commandment. But there was a side effect and estarosa lost his mind. Enough that even then he simply couldn't feel like a normal being and properly hating or loving anything became impossible. Estarosa became a psychopath obsessed with meliodas. And thus even though he became insane and even evil he simply could not fall prey to his commandment. He was lost as a potential demon king candidate but in turn became a particularly powerful demon still.

And with that in mind, I don't think estarosa estarosa actually was as pathetic or talentless as monspiet suggested. Estarosa was simply too kind to wield darkness which would naturally hamper his development. Once he awakened his darkness of course he was ruined. Estarosa still became one of the stronger commandments and his PL was second only to zeldris among them. After meliodas defected of course. It is also plausible that even growing stronger would warp estarosa's mind even more. It seems likely that what enables demons to access greater demon transformations is a combination of skill and power. But that equates to basically more darkness. Which would further ruin estarosa's mind. Anyways, that is just a theory....

I wonder if it was a possibility to simply steal estarosa's emotions in contrast to placing a commandment within him. Stealing meliodas' emotions apparently makes his darkness stronger after all. So if estarosa, who was too kind, had gone through something like that perhaps he wouldn't have lost his sanity... It'd be interesting if it turns out this did not occur to the demon king back then.

What is a mystery to me though is the story with mael. Clearly mael should be substantially more powerful than estarosa. However estarosa killed him.... And something about mael seem to have linked estarosa to elizabeth. Personally I think estarosa ate mael's soul after killing him and that further added to his insanity. Still, that does not explain how mael lost.... I am thinking there is a chance that mael actually didn't have his grace when he fought estarosa. And perhaps he was a mostly physical fighter, which makes sense with sunshine. And even with a greater PL than estarosa if most of his skills are physical he is vulnerable to estarosa's brand of full counter. As to why mael would not have his grace, it is hard to tell. But it would explain why he lost to escanor and how it ended up in the hands of a human. Not fully but if the grace is lost even before mael's death then it makes sense the grace could end up at a random place rather than remain in his corpse. Perhaps his grace was related to papa gowther's plan or the SG's current unknown fate. The demon king was sealed so it would make sense the SG is sealed as well. And sunshine could have perhaps provided the power for that somehow.

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is a mystery to me though is the story with mael. Clearly mael should be substantially more powerful than estarosa. However estarosa killed him.... And something about mael seem to have linked estarosa to elizabeth. Personally I think estarosa ate mael's soul after killing him and that further added to his insanity. Still, that does not explain how mael lost.... I am thinking there is a chance that mael actually didn't have his grace when he fought estarosa. And perhaps he was a mostly physical fighter, which makes sense with sunshine. And even with a greater PL than estarosa if most of his skills are physical he is vulnerable to estarosa's brand of full counter. As to why mael would not have his grace, it is hard to tell. But it would explain why he lost to escanor and how it ended up in the hands of a human. Not fully but if the grace is lost even before mael's death then it makes sense the grace could end up at a random place rather than remain in his corpse. Perhaps his grace was related to papa gowther's plan or the SG's current unknown fate. The demon king was sealed so it would make sense the SG is sealed as well. And sunshine could have perhaps provided the power for that somehow.
I don’t like the Estarossa ate Mael soul theory because when Melascula tried to eat Escanor soul she couldn’t because of Escanor grace. The same thing should apply to Mael.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don’t like the Estarossa ate Mael soul theory because when Melascula tried to eat Escanor soul she couldn’t because of Escanor grace. The same thing should apply to Mael.
With 265, guess you are right

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Holy sh*t, it looks like my random guess based on one panel could ve right

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

That sounds a tad munch. He's just the next son the DK had becasue the DK is still a guy and enjoyed the company of women and after enough women they give you some presents. (unless he had a single wife. Then he just like banging his wife and she get knocked up a few times and Estarossa was the second son.)
Holy sh*t, it looks like my random guess based on one panel could ve right
What was the random guess?

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That sounds a tad munch. He's just the next son the DK had becasue the DK is still a guy and enjoyed the company of women and after enough women they give you some presents. (unless he had a single wife. Then he just like banging his wife and she get knocked up a few times and Estarossa was the second son.)

What was the random guess?
That there was some memory manipulation by Gowther (old or doll), that I said just becaue of Gowthers (sad)face when Estarossa appears in the recent chapter.

Now i am going to expand it

It was Estarrosas sacrifice that ended the war