Copan Clan HQ | Page 39 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Copan Clan HQ

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Hmm truth be told, not really? There's the unquestionable #1, English tea with milk and sugar. There's Soderblandning and Puchkine; those are pretty good. In that order, probably a top three of sorts. Beyond those, I like certain herbal and fruity (forest fruits?) teas... But harder to rank those, they're good by occasion. Every now and then I'll be in the mood for it and Ill have some tea lying around, I guess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@MarmaladeSky
@revo
@Nii
@syx
@Lambu

omona through outstanding usage of mind, magic and rumour, it has come to my knowledge y'allest (plural of y'all) have read Umineko! With some of you I've talked about this series a little, but I'm interested in your opinions overall. I haven't played the VN, I've only read the mango (main series + accidentally some of the side materials). Since I read all of it in one go (+ Gou and Higu and slightly before that, Punpun), I feel like this would be a good way to end little arc of scares and thrills.

I have the following omoneko questions for you;

1. What were your thoughts on the mystery before Episode 4? Specifically, how much of the 'who dunnit', 'how dunnit' and 'why dunnit' did you figure out before the answer arcs commenced?
2. What was your favourite mystery?
3. What plot twist or answer-to-mystery was most unexpected?
4. What did you not like, or would you have preferred to have seen develop differently?
5. Who were your (least) favourite characters?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
@MarmaladeSky
@revo
@Nii
@syx
@Lambu

omona through outstanding usage of mind, magic and rumour, it has come to my knowledge y'allest (plural of y'all) have read Umineko! With some of you I've talked about this series a little, but I'm interested in your opinions overall. I haven't played the VN, I've only read the mango (main series + accidentally some of the side materials). Since I read all of it in one go (+ Gou and Higu and slightly before that, Punpun), I feel like this would be a good way to end little arc of scares and thrills.

1. What were your thoughts on the mystery before Episode 4? Specifically, how much of the 'who dunnit', 'how dunnit' and 'why dunnit' did you figure out before the answer arcs commenced?
4. What did you not like, or would you have preferred to have seen develop differently?

@TheonewhodestroysMHwithrandomclickingonbuttons

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hmm truth be told, not really? There's the unquestionable #1, English tea with milk and sugar. There's Soderblandning and Puchkine; those are pretty good. In that order, probably a top three of sorts. Beyond those, I like certain herbal and fruity (forest fruits?) teas... But harder to rank those, they're good by occasion. Every now and then I'll be in the mood for it and Ill have some tea lying around, I guess.

@MarmaladeSky
@revo
@Nii
@syx
@Lambu

I remember being overwhelmed by questions while reading it but when it ended I felt very satisfied, not many series leave you that way. :amuse

Before the turning point I had the feeling there was something wrong with Shannon overall, like she was this "deadmeat" character that I tend to distrust in mystery stories but I didn't expect the twins to be such a piece in the game. :XD

My only "gripe" (if you can call that a complaint even) is with the slow pace at some sections of the "world building" parts, but at the same time I know those were necessary so they didn't bother me that much.
My least favourite character was... maybe Eva Beatrice? Contrary to the rest of the "witchy" cast she was a bit annoying but, as pretty much anything in the manga, necessary and with a purpose.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Sorry for the late response!!

I remember being overwhelmed by questions while reading it but when it ended I felt very satisfied, not many series leave you that way. :amuse

Before the turning point I had the feeling there was something wrong with Shannon overall, like she was this "deadmeat" character that I tend to distrust in mystery stories but I didn't expect the twins to be such a piece in the game. :XD

My only "gripe" (if you can call that a complaint even) is with the slow pace at some sections of the "world building" parts, but at the same time I know those were necessary so they didn't bother me that much.
My least favourite character was... maybe Eva Beatrice? Contrary to the rest of the "witchy" cast she was a bit annoying but, as pretty much anything in the manga, necessary and with a purpose.
The Eva Beatrice red attack was deadly! I think one of my personal high points, and actually one of the better witches (compared to Uuu Uuu-chan, who was arguably the worst)

When the maid transformed into Virgilia, I started to figure out that the demons/monsters/whatever are representations of people. In one of the epilogues Bern mentions that the stakes represent the seven sins, but I didn't think that the ducktape for instance would also get a persona (though it does make in hindsight). There were a bunch of things I figured out half the answer to, but I think the main mistake I made was looking for a different murder all the time when in reality it really was Shannon running around and doing most or all of the killing.

Maybe a bit of a boring answer but I think I like the game of Bern by the end most. Not the latter part, just the initial mystery because at first I thought of the George-family murder solution before it was mentioned. I thought it was suspicious they didn't define murderer properly, so that was not bad.

In the 6 room locked mystery, one of the corpses turns out to be not just a fake, but non-existent. It's something completely imagined. Also the love game was quite confusing, and the fact it was fake or that 'there was no corpse'. After letting it sit with me for a while, I think I came around to accepting it as a relatively intriguing solution to a sticky situation

The incest stuff was weird

Hum I dislike Maria a lot. The fact she was so cooperative with the murderer all the time and constantly laughing maniacally. It was cray. Erika was pretty spicy but had her off-moments. Featherine was cool. Ange was assertive first but became rather spectatory later. Bern was surprisingly unpleasant compared to LD who actually attempted to die a heroic death. Natsuhi, who got fucked all the time, was pretty decent all things considered. Hmm... Battler was alright too, but at times slower than my brain which took me out of it sometimes

Overall, v interesting experience. It was quite refreshing to read a mystery from start to finish in a week

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
michopaaaaaa :squish

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
omomo

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I will answer this soon! Will sit after dinner and think well the answers. :XD

First some spam for you but no Rin-chan on it this time.

Stylish Conan is best Conan.
(tbh I argue Shinichi has his good style as well).

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Looking forward to it 🙏

And such good content ❤ If only a certain eugy would have awarded him points 😤

Cute avi btw, Anna was the original tsun chan 🤗

Thinking about it I wonder how much impact she had on my preferences.. Probably not a good thing to wonder about out loud :lmao

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
omona

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands