Shounen - UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken | Page 32 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, chisame did become quite important in the story. It's a bit weird that her epilogue mentioned she became more withdrawn and less sociable after the manga though. I guess that is what allowed no one to find out about them? I am a bit disappointed it wasn't azuna though

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, chisame did become quite important in the story. It's a bit weird that her epilogue mentioned she became more withdrawn and less sociable after the manga though. I guess that is what allowed no one to find out about them? I am a bit disappointed it wasn't azuna though
Well, he revealed who it was to Asuna so it couldn't be her. Same for Nodoka and Yue who got rejected. She became a hikikomori but was still helping Negi, there is a panel with of her with the others in the chapter where they are interviewing Fate.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, he revealed who it was to Asuna so it couldn't be her. Same for Nodoka and Yue who got rejected. She became a hikikomori but was still helping Negi, there is a panel with of her with the others in the chapter where they are interviewing Fate.
I guess that is true, it could have never been azuna (and she also seemed to be not particularly interested anyways compared to the others). I guess the big question would be how long this went on and her being a hikikomori being related to this.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Asuna is already gone...

All of Touta's immortal friends have their respective opponents now. Nice to see him finally using Magia Erebea in combat again, same for Karin and her Holy Light.

Cutlass's Pactio card contains the same artifact as Koyomi in Negima.

Eva and/or Fate will probably help Touta against Negi.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Asuna is already gone...

All of Touta's immortal friends have their respective opponents now. Nice to see him finally using Magia Erebea in combat again, same for Karin and her Holy Light.

Cutlass's Pactio card contains the same artifact as Koyomi in Negima.

Eva and/or Fate will probably help Touta against Negi.
Where is the chapter? I can't seem to find it.

Vizard

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Genosha

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So many Lightning Spears!!! :o

Fate came to Negi after all. What is happening exactly? Negi is freed for a while then gets controlled again?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Korean scans.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Karin can attack at the speed of light? I always wondered if a Light element Magia Erebea would make someone that fast, apparently it's the case. Rakan saw even this before... :o

The talk with Negi was cool, but Touta could have used this time to use Magic Cancel on him I think. Though there is that 37 seconds thing mentioned by Asuna. There is always Kirie to fix the tower but with what Negi said to Touta about his researches, I doubt it will be fixed that easily.
Chapter 133 spoilers.
I underestimated the Nodoka and Yue's duo. Not only they are very agile but Yue can even cast Mandala barriers like Fate. And there is Karin who managed to slice Rakan's arm, the scenes where he finished her were amazing, the action scenes were great in all the chapter but the punching scenes with Rakan were my favorites :hip. Was getting tired of the Kirie scenes but at least she confessed now, that scene with Cutlass might be the most brutal of the series.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That was a really bloody chapter. :gwah

It's nice to see they didn't power down the old guard to make the fight more winnable for Tota's crew. The results were not pretty but that's to be expected. More than ready for this fight to be done though. I feel like no fight should ever go over 5 chapters in general really. It's just too long.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, that was an interesting chapter. Gotta laugh at there being a chame scale for being in love lol. Pity chamo has been dead for close to a century. Or should be dead for that long, critters probably don't live that long.

How is it that rakan just stuck his arm back up? I get that the guy is supposed to be ridiculous but that is asinine even within that. The guy is the living embodiment of chuck norris facts at this point. "Rakkan is so tough chuck norris calls him sir". That said, it is fairly interesting that rakkan has seen god's grace before.... It means there are more people with such a curse. However this person should still be around...

I am also very surprised by albireo. I figured his actual species or type would be unusual but this is getting downright disturbing. It seems like rather than an immortal he might be something like an undead of sorts.. I guess that would be an immortal as well. I can't help but feel he will remain an antagonist through the rest of the series. I don't see him being an actual ally to MOTB in the long term but I can't imagine him as an ally either, he seems to have his own agenda for the most part. If anything, albireo seems to be something comparable to the MOTB.

I wonder where this whole resentment of the losers and dead comes from.... have we heard of this before? Perhaps rather than defeating MOTB they should focus on that...

How did kirie know about the plan? I forgot that bit. Anyways, it seems like we will finally see what asuna has set up.... Perhaps she will nullify magic in the area thus giving the gang a chance to escape? Though thinking about it that shouldn't be nearly enough for them to escape... I am surprised the manga seems to not be going for the reset considering how many people just died and how hurt kirie is.

Vizard

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Genosha
Source: Tieba Baidu

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So, Asuna stops Negi and we are back to regular arcs? I am fine with that. It means Negi will most likely be the final villain after all. Maybe the Mahora tournament will continue.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Korean scans.

There will be a Negima one shot next week.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll be glad to get back to regular arcs honestly. This was an epic fight and all but I could use at least 30 chapters of non-Negi focus.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
'I thought you'd like it''.
:coolstory

Touta is even more of a threat than Negi. I like how they are using Negi-Ialda as name for the big bad, even with Asuna's apparition it's like both of them are talking, it's easily noticeable thanks to their words and expressions. With what she said it looks like Asuna herself will be an opponent next time. Even in Negima we didn't see Negi control his Magia Erebea when he has his tail, but we do see him like that in Nagumo's flashback. The little chat with Fate was nice, he truly has changed. Overall I think it's a very good conclusion but it's not sure that the tournament will continue with things like that, plus there is Cutlass who appeared at the end. I guess Touta will finally beat her in the next chapter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I.....don't get it. How did asuna appear there? Isn't she sleeping somewhere else for reasons? Why is she a young girl? Didn't the negima epilogue say she became an ambassador of sorts and grew up? Why is her appearance enough for the rest to leave?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I.....don't get it. How did asuna appear there? Isn't she sleeping somewhere else for reasons? Why is she a young girl? Didn't the negima epilogue say she became an ambassador of sorts and grew up? Why is her appearance enough for the rest to leave?
UQ Holder is in the timeline where Asuna has not been awakened by her friends. In Negima they "cheated" to bring her back to the past. She is still sleeping here but could project herself thanks to Touta or something.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
UQ Holder is in the timeline where Asuna has not been awakened by her friends. In Negima they "cheated" to bring her back to the past. She is still sleeping here but could project herself thanks to Touta or something.
Well, I am aware of that. However there should be at the most two asunas. The one that was taken back and the one that is sleeping. but the one we saw does not seem to be either. And what is worst, she left with negi ialda. Wait, so she is a projection? That seems odd as well. it seems well beyond the level of magic she was capable of at the end of negima.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, I am aware of that. However there should be at the most two asunas. The one that was taken back and the one that is sleeping. but the one we saw does not seem to be either. And what is worst, she left with negi ialda. Wait, so she is a projection? That seems odd as well. it seems well beyond the level of magic she was capable of at the end of negima.
She said that the Asuna persona merged with her original one so she's as strong as she was before. With Kanka, Magic Cancel and whatever she was able to use back then. The one we saw is the one that is "sleeping". About the Asuna that has been taken back, I don't know, it must have created an alternate timeline or something. She can't be here. In the Negima goo ending it's because she was here that they managed to beat Ialda, with her Magic Cancel.