American Politics | Page 241 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It wouldn't surprise me. Though if he fails the hit to his administration will be massive... Though I do think he could take a far more passive approach. Basically he lets this go for a bit, waits until someone tries a mass shooting or terrorist attack and then uses the momentum he gets from that along with specifically blaming this on the judges who blocked his ban to try and get it passed. Kinda like he would wait for obamacare to explode on his own (which is of course, retarded).
A reactive Trump, then.:oh

Well to be fair, he has no way to prevent Obamacare from exploding regardless of what he tries, he´s also being put in the middle between complete repealers and Healthcare Act conservatives, who just want a few changes here and there, talk about a rough setup. Still his fault for not taking pratical actions.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
A reactive Trump, then.:oh

Well to be fair, he has no way to prevent Obamacare from exploding regardless of what he tries, he´s also being put in the middle between complete repealers and Healthcare Act conservatives, who just want a few changes here and there, talk about a rough setup. Still his fault for not taking pratical actions.
Well, trump is a reactive candidate by default, there is no other trump. And at least from what I know the health care law does not even work in a way that can implode in a manner relevant to what trump is saying... It's not like a business where bad decisions can lead to them not being able to pay for instance. The government itself in fact does not work like that, such an scenario is only plausible in a straight up suicide scenario. And if such fiscal suicide happens, odds are that health care is the least of US problems anyways.

As for what trump has promised... The issue here is that trump has literally promised health care stuff which is anatema to the republican party as a whole. Without mentioning universal health care, he has mentioned he will provide health care for literally everyone at a much lower cost. While that sounds awesome, it's anatema to what republicans want. Unless trump meant something other than universal health care. However if he did not mean that then he was talking about heath care coverage that goes for everyone but is somehow not universal. Trump's rhetoric at least in regards to health care is well to the left of generic democrats and more in the bernie sanders camp. Which granted is something that I would absolutely support however there is one big issue. Donald "Nobody knew health care was so complicated" trump. That phrase sums up exactly how competent he and his administration can aspire to be in regards to health care. Donald trump, literally the only moron on earth who didn't know health care was a complicated issue.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
However, you simply don't have enough islamist shootings to make this viable.
He would have to make one up and by now his lies are not very effective.
Well, yeah, of course not. he is trying to make good on his muslim ban promise... As long as his ban relates to that promise then it simply shouldn't get traction....

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Bizarre Trump´s Adventure:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This was a little bit awkward.
Also i really do not understand why.
I mean, Trump would benefit by showing himself being capable of greeting foreign leaders without incidents.

So far he screwed up , for example with shinza abe.
But just the picture of : ya look at me i am shaking hands and i can be a big boy, that would not be hard to archieve and help him.
Or does he think his loony base would not like him to shake hands with refugee merkel?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
After checking his twitter i am sure he does not want to be seen friendly with merkel.
With Abe and Trudeau he made a big deal on twitter a bout it with videos and all that stuff.
But in this case, he didn't, and as stupid as he is, i do think that he has a reason for it.

And this is funy: Do you know who tweeted about merkel? Ivanka, because she was seated next to Merkel and talked with her about business.
Was it a 'let the adults talk with each other' kind of thing that upset Donald?

Jay

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bizarre Trump´s Adventure:
I have to say, that is quite funny.

Being from the US myself, I've never been much of a Trump supporter. I've sided with him for some things, and when he was elected, I wasn't as distraught as some of my friends seemed to be. Since this January, I have heard some pretty hilarious stuff on the news. I'm not protesting or anything, because I know it probably will not get too out of hand - but I sure am laughing.

An example of this is that video. Even if he doesn't like her, it is common courtesy to shake the hand of the world leader sitting next to you in YOUR White House. I get it if he didn't shake hands with someone when he wasn't President, but he has to realize that people are watching his every single move as President - even shaking hands.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have to say, that is quite funny.

Being from the US myself, I've never been much of a Trump supporter. I've sided with him for some things, and when he was elected, I wasn't as distraught as some of my friends seemed to be. Since this January, I have heard some pretty hilarious stuff on the news. I'm not protesting or anything, because I know it probably will not get too out of hand - but I sure am laughing.

An example of this is that video. Even if he doesn't like her, it is common courtesy to shake the hand of the world leader sitting next to you in YOUR White House. I get it if he didn't shake hands with someone when he wasn't President, but he has to realize that people are watching his every single move as President - even shaking hands.
Yeah, me too, he´s more wild-card status than anything to me, but scenes like this just go on to prove, he has some issues, overall it was a really bizarre moment and it made me feel like trump was suddently starting to act like a jojo character (AKA Funny Valentine).:gwah

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah, me too, he´s more wild-card status than anything to me, but scenes like this just go on to prove, he has some issues, overall it was a really bizarre moment and it made me feel like trump was suddently starting to act like a jojo character (AKA Funny Valentine).:gwah
Trump's Bizarre Adventures. I think those memes and videos are even a thing.

Not sure about the handshake part, was he trying to make a statement or pretended not to notice? Either way not too big a deal, though pretty hilarious.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Trump's Bizarre Adventures. I think those memes and videos are even a thing.

Not sure about the handshake part, was he trying to make a statement or pretended not to notice? Either way not too big a deal, though pretty hilarious.
They are and Pepe the Frog is a Stand!:XD

I found it weird in the sense that he was going on beforehand on how both Merkel and him had something in "common, perhaps" (related to Obama´s wiretapping), which is why him not shaking hands at the end sounds bizarre, my guess there were some issues in the conversation between the two regarding most likely Merkel´s globalist views and Trump´s still no biggie, this isnt something unexpected for Trump to do, but certainly bizarre:verily.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
U got it the wrong way round.
He knows very well people are watching, that is why he didnt shake hands.

He shook hands with her when she left the car, but he refused to do it for the big picture, probably because he didnt want to be shown to be too friendly with merkel.

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
U got it the wrong way round.
He knows very well people are watching, that is why he didnt shake hands.

He shook hands with her when she left the car, but he refused to do it for the big picture, probably because he didnt want to be shown to be too friendly with merkel.
Given this twitter quote he wasn't really friendly to her to begin with:
Ofc who knows if this is true but then again I could totally imagine Trump acting like that just to spite her.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
So Trump is being investigated on his Russian connection...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The more I look into all of this, the more I can't help but wonder on to the extent of trump's incompetence. This while thing is completely asinine, trump literally has no idea of what he is doing.

First we have trump talking about the white house leaks. Which he himself confirmed are extremely real. However a significant number of those leaks talk about strife between cabinet members and almost crippling incompetence. Basically, trump just confirmed his own incompetence.

The we have the trump bit about obama... Which basically brought about today's hearing. And now it is public knowledge that the FBI is indeed investigating trump over connections to russia. Which is bound to hurt his administration at least until it's over assuming of course it concludes that there isn't enough evidence to charge him with. Any other result.... Damn. Granted it does not seem like there is solid proof against trump. They are still talking about circumstantial evidence and trump's staff actively hiding their russian's connections. However trump shouldn't rest easy just because of that. Just because the FBI doesn't find the proof they are looking for doesn't mean that their findings and ultimate take on the matter won't hurt his administration more. Even if trump does not get indicted for anything the investigation could continue to haunt him for years. As happened with good old hillary....

And then the bit said about obama. You have the committee basically complaining that obama was too lenient on russia and ended up enabling putin. Go figure. If their perspective on this is right, imagine russia under trump whose policy in regards to russia seems to be specifically to enable them.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What would happen if both Trump and Pence are in this and got removed?
Is there any protocol?

Jay

Reaction score
Country
United States
What would happen if both Trump and Pence are in this and got removed?
Is there any protocol?
There is a line of succession.

President
Vice-President
Speaker of the House
President of the Senate
Secretary of State
Secretary of the Treasury
Secretary of Defense
Attorney General OR Secretary of the Interior
Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, or Labor
Secretaries of Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, Transportation, or Energy
Secretary of Education
Secretary of Veteran Affairs
Secretary of Homeland Security

No worries, the country is prepared.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Which would basically mean we'd have to deal with a Fanatic (Mike Pence), and a Rat (Paul Ryan). Wonderful, ain't it? <_>

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Which would basically mean we'd have to deal with a Fanatic (Mike Pence), and a Rat (Paul Ryan). Wonderful, ain't it? <_>
Fanatic? Where did you got that from???

Jay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fanatic? Where did you got that from???
I'm not sure about fanatic, but I do know he is a homophobe - wouldn't want him to be my president; even over Trump.

P.S:
Oh and also this thread should probably be renamed to "US Politics" because that is what it has become, and the "European Politics" and "African Politics" would look uniform with this thread being renamed as well. Just a suggestion ;).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'm not sure about fanatic, but I do know he is a homophobe - wouldn't want him to be my president; even over Trump.

P.S:
Oh and also this thread should probably be renamed to "US Politics" because that is what it has become, and the "European Politics" and "African Politics" would look uniform with this thread being renamed as well. Just a suggestion ;).
Well, the situation here is that you would be trading trump for a completely generic republican. At this point, I can almost comfortably say that is an improvement. Besides, all republicans are hopeless fanatics. Their views on economics do not fall within economist consensus at large, they reject science... their position on net neutrality is objectively stupid and at odds with most of the industry (except of course, comcast. And of course, they write of academia as a whole with "liberal bias". It's a party that outright rejects knowledge at their convenience.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well, the situation here is that you would be trading trump for a completely generic republican. At this point, I can almost comfortably say that is an improvement. Besides, all republicans are hopeless fanatics. Their views on economics do not fall within economist consensus at large, they reject science... their position on net neutrality is objectively stupid and at odds with most of the industry (except of course, comcast. And of course, they write of academia as a whole with "liberal bias". It's a party that outright rejects knowledge at their convenience.
I dont know pence sounds weak for presidential material, right now if he got a few more time as vice president it would be a good thing, plus he wont know what to do about obamacare except repealing.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I dont know pence sounds weak for presidential material, right now if he got a few more time as vice president it would be a good thing, plus he wont know what to do about obamacare except repealing.
It is not like Trump knows anything about anything.