Seinen - Verdant Lord by Takashige Hiroshi & Soga Atsushi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Verdant Lord by Takashige Hiroshi & Soga Atsushi

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Another story by the great Takashige Hiroshi, (who wrote the stories for both Spriggan and Until Death Do Us Part), Verdant Lord is set in the near future where Mother Nature has decided to fight back against all of the human encroachment.

It has your standard apocalyptic scenario, but we're right in the middle of the apocalypse actually happening, rather than the aftermath. Vines and foliage entangle cities, as large wooden mech-like creatures called Arethusa (named after one of the mythical Greek Hesperides that tended the gardens in a remote corner of the world) rampage through cities.

Our main character is Souma Shin, a punk kid out of Japan. We start off with him coming to visit his twin (?) brother Ken. All hell breaks loose as Shin finds a group of small kids being used for military purposes, and tries to save them in the confusion created by an Arethusa invading the compound.

Downloads

RAWs
Volumes 1-5

Edited Mangas
None.

Verdant Lord hasn't been scanlated by anyone yet, and 5 volumes are out. Each volume basically contains one action-packed chapter with plenty of science content. I've heard interest in Editing this from Strays, (new group that did most of the recent Vagabond releases), but I personally can't translate so it would need another translator. There is no furigana as this is a seinen, and there is science content, so beware if you aren't used to translating that.

I will be posting links to the other 5 volumes (RAW) as soon as I have them hosted. Enjoy, and if anyone decides to scanlate, please post about it here. It would be a shame for this to go unnoticed by Manga Editors. It is a great series.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Verdant Lord

looks pretty cool. I always like how people who are evil or have something wrong with them mentally put their hands in front of their faces, as if it is supposed to mean something...

I hope someone does do it though.

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Actually. He has something wrong with the other side of his face that you can't see there. It's not a subconscious covering of his face, it's jut what he doesn't want anyone to see. Check the RAW out, you'll see what happens kind of.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

zindryr said:
Actually. He has something wrong with the other side of his face that you can't see there. It's not a subconscious covering of his face, it's jut what he doesn't want anyone to see. Check the RAW out, you'll see what happens kind of.
ohh, i thought it was just the stereotypical face covering

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Links up for volumes 2, 3, and 4 now as well. 5 to follow soon.[br]Posted on: November 04, 2006, 06:35:36 PM_________________________________________________All volumes of Verdant Lord are available now, (all released volumes anyway, series isn't complete yet), unfortunately only in RAW form. We can only hope that some nice Manga Editors come along and release them for you guys.

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania

I'm definitely interested in this. After my exam, I'll try hunting for a translator. Thanks for sharing, zindryr.

devinlane

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Haha Seidhr. I was going to suggest that we consider this for a Strays project, but it looks like that won't be necessary...

TBBX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

it looks pretty cool

blasta

Reaction score
Country
Canada

This looks like it will be good hope someone/group pick this up :) love Takashige Hiroshi's other mangas too especially "Until Death Do Us Part" thats a really nice new manga right now :smile-big

zombietoaster

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

If someone decides to do this one. hope they will also do the rest of spriggan :)

SchmoDawg

Reaction score

Just checked out the raws seems pretty interesting from what I can tell (my japanese is so basic) can't wait to see it translated.

zombietoaster said:
If someone decides to do this one. hope they will also do the rest of spriggan :)
How much Spriggan is there? I actually wasn't aware there was anymore besides the movie. I enjoyed it and would really wanna read the manga.

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ohhh, I totally missed this thread :blink

I'm not that big fan of Spriggan or sci-fic storys, but the cover of "Until Death Do Us Part" attract me to the manga and the story isn't that bad either.
Now again I stare at this cover and want to try it out. I have to wait till my DSl connection is fixed, but damn - it looks great :D

@zindryr ... is Takashige the write and the artist? I know that he worked with a partner on Spriggan, but there aren't any infos for the new ones. I really love the UDDUP art.
And I'm glad you're pushing Seinen so much forward at MH, thank you :)

zindryr

誰も知らない
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Nope, Takashige Hiroshi is only the writer. The artists vary. Minagawa Ryouji is the artist for Spriggan. Double-S is the artist for Until Death Do Us Part. And Soga Atsushi is the artist for Verdant Lord.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thanks for the info :D

zindryr said:
And Soga Atsushi is the artist for Verdant Lord.
Oh, that sounds promising :blink

Deadlong

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
Could any one reuplode the volumes plz links dead