Verily, Sai is Fat and Possibly Sassy... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Verily, Sai is Fat and Possibly Sassy...

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
As some of you already know, I am Sai_the_Shaman, or just Sai for short. I currently translate Prince of Tennis. I also moderate the Prince of Tennis section. Please feel free to ask me any questions about anything.

[EDIT: Updating First Post Information]

Here is some quick information about me that you may want to know.

Japanese experience: I first started learning form my Japanese friends in school. Afterwards I took classes once I started college. I've been to Japan a few times now and can get by with whatever amount of Japanese I know...though I still consider myself a beginner in the language at best.

Hobbies: Tennis is my number one hobby. I love to play tennis and to watch professional matches. I also translate...of course. I read some manga, not as much as I used to and I don't watch as much anime as I used to either. I play go when I can find the time also. Other than that, I guess eating good food is another hobby of mine....

Goals: To become disgustingly rich without the fame. I dont want to be famous, I just want money...cause, you know...I'm greedy.....

Last edited:

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Re: The Sai the Shaman Thread

Thanks for taking the time translate. :D I added you to the translator group.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Yay, a new translator!

- How did you get to learn Japanese?

- What's the series you've translated so far and which one is your favorite to translate?

- Your favorite manga in general?

- Which do you like best, anime or manga?

- If not personal, where do you live?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

This is the hardest reply I have ever made because I'm just barley getting a free internet connection on the cruise ship I'm on....... (is on vacation in Hawaii with no real access to the internet....kinda sad)

Yay, a new translator!

- How did you get to learn Japanese?

- What's the series you've translated so far and which one is your favorite to translate?

- Your favorite manga in general?

- Which do you like best, anime or manga?

- If not personal, where do you live?
1) I taught started by teaching myself then started taking formal lessons in college. It helps that I have a lot of fluent speakers as friends, so they correct me when I need help.

2) So far I've mainly been translating Prince of Tennis and thats the only series that I've posted translations for. I started translating, as a personal project, the Code Geass manga. So far, Prince of Tennis is my favorite since it is the one I translate regularly

3) My favorite manga in general is a tie between Prince of Tennis and Shaman King. Though the way Shaman King ended made me sad.

4) I live in Los Angeles County in California. I currently live at school in San Diego

P.S. If you do follow my translations of Prince of Tennis, I will be a few days late this week because I won't be home till late Saturday night (PST). and do not have much of an internet connection to DL the raw until then nor do I have much of a connection to post (I'll be happy if this reply even makes it through)

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Just dropping by to say thanx for your weekly trans of PoT..

Thanx a lot. We do lack of active translators there, and we are so glad that you picked it up...

Thanx again :kkthumbs

Koolaid1

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

You know, I love the fact that you do PoT, one of my favorite mangas.

Also, We live relitively close to one another, thought that was kinda funny.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Yo! Congrats for being the POT mod!

Few questions :
- What's your favourite colour?
- Watching any anime recently in Jap only (no subs)?
- Heard you read yaoi, which is your favourite series? :D

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Yo! Congrats for being the POT mod!

Few questions :
- What's your favourite colour?
- Watching any anime recently in Jap only (no subs)?
- Heard you read yaoi, which is your favourite series? :D
My favorite color is Royal Blue (it's so pretty)

Hmmm, I dont ever watch an anime in only Japanese. I will watch the Raw but I also watch it with the subs....I dont really know why. However, I do watch a lot of Dramas Raw. Currently the Drama I'm watching Raw is called Bambino! (it stars Matsumoto Jun from Arashi...he's a damn good actor and singer). Anime-wise, I'm watching Kekkaishi (so awesome, manga is great too), Lucky Star and Nagasarete Airantou.

Well....I don't really read yaoi. I don't mind it, but I don't really read it very often. Everything I've done with yaoi was given to me by my fangirl friends. I don't really remember a lot of the titles to tell the truth. Actually a lot of them were actually from Tenipuri though. A bunch of Tezu/Fuji, Oishi/Kikumaru and such. Then a lot of FMA stuff too lol, mainly Roy/Ed. I have to say that even though I'm a straight male, a lot of yaoi has great artwork even if I don't really care much for the guy/guy action (though, I'm not sickened by it like most guys are by it either....probably cause my best friend is gay).

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

- If you were a (DC) comic book character, which DC team that you love to be in? JLA, Teen Titans, Shadowpact, JSA, Young Justice, Legion, Teen Titans, Green Lantern Corps, Outsiders, Sinestro Corps, Infinity Inc., or any other team that i haven't mentioned? :D
- There are two Cassie in Tim Drake's life. Which one should live and which one should be sent to oblivion? :D
- Who's your favorite female tennis player?
- Who's your favorite comicbook artist?
- and who's your favorite writer?
- Name your Top 10 most favorite title
- Name your Tp 5 most favorite arc/mega event
- Do you read Fables?
- Where did Starman and Donna Troy shop for costume?
- Who will replace Bruce Wayne as Batman?
- What do you think of Jimmy Olsen?
- And what about Zatanna?
- Should they continue Seven Soldiers?
- What's your least favorite DC title (ongoing/past)?

- If you were a (DC) comic book character, which DC team that you love to be in? JLA, Teen Titans, Shadowpact, JSA, Young Justice, Legion, Teen Titans, Green Lantern Corps, Outsiders, Sinestro Corps, Infinity Inc., or any other team that i haven't mentioned? :D
- There are two Cassie in Tim Drake's life. Which one should live and which one should be sent to oblivion? :D
- Do you read Fables?

Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

- Do you read Fables?
Hmmm, man those are some tough questions, but here we go.....

1) I would definitely want to be in Young Justice, you cant be Bart Allen back in his Impulse days, Superboy had an actual costume (his t-shirt and jeans thing simply didnt work for me) and Tim Drake still had his friends alive and well.

2) Man youre actually gonna make me choose!?!?! Well, I may not like how Batgirl is being treated right now, but she kicks so much more ass than Wondergirl so I have to say that Cassie Sandsmark must go to oblivion.

3) Favorite female tennis player is a hard one....current favorite has to be Henin-Hardene, she jsut simply has the best game (I would liek Sharapova, but she's a b****). Favorite of all time is Agassi's wife, Steffi Graf, she's just so aweosme and has the titles to prove it.

4) Favorite comic artist....that is a hard one so many people are so awesome. Alex Ross may be a bit of an ass, but his paintings are aweosme. Jim Lee is the best at drawing Batman. So many great people....Well, I personally love Fables' artwork and such so much I have to say that Mark Buckingham is at the top of my list for now. Though, James Jean, who does the covers, is also beyond amazing so he is tied with Buckingham.

5) from 1 to 10 (rankings will probably change from month to month depending)
- Fables
- Teen Titans
- Brave and the Bold
- Blue Beetle
- Robin
- The Flash
- Detective Comics
- Batman/Superman
- Action Comics
- Outsiders

6) from 1-5 (these are out of more recent events...with the much older events its too hard to choose only 5)
- Titans Tomorrow
- Rogue War
- The Good Prince (I know it's still ongoing)
- Lightning Saga (mainly for the end)
- Infinite Crisis

7) Well given some of the previous answers, a most definite yes

8) I dont know, but Ion shops there too.

9) Awww an age old question.....Terry McGinnis!!!! (Batman Beyond was so cool) Well more realistically, it will probably be Tim Drake especially with all his recent traumas.

10) Man, good ol' Jimmy, wiht how he has been in Countdown, I think he's an Earth Hopper who doesnt know it.

11) Zatanna rocks, especially in the latest Detective Comics. I want to see more of her.

12) I liek Seven Soldiers and Grant Morrison, so I think they should.

13) Hmmmm....least favorite is Aquaman, the old series and the new Sword of Atlantis one.

I hope I answered all of them Ichi. You ask hard questions!!!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Thanks for answering that, Sai. :D
And why aren't you reading Green Lantern books? :yelling
I too would like to see Zatanna (especially when she's wearing that *co*kinky*ugh* costume in Superman #662) :D

Oh one more question, Who will be the bestman at Ollie and Dinah's wedding (if they do get married)? :D

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Thanks for answering that, Sai. :D
And why aren't you reading Green Lantern books? :yelling
I too would like to see Zatanna (especially when she's wearing that *co*kinky*ugh* costume in Superman #662) :D

Oh one more question, Who will be the bestman at Ollie and Dinah's wedding (if they do get married)? :D
Hahaha, actually I do read good ol' GL it's just that right now I don't care much for the story arc (the one with Star Saphire), but It will definitely be in my top 10 when the Sinestro Corp fully picks up!

Best man at Ollie's wedding, that's as easy one. It will have to be Hal Jordan. Those two are inseparable. If it's not Hal, then it will be Roy, but I can't see anyone besides those 2.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Not even Batman? They were big buddies during that OMAC thing. :XD
Anyway, will it only be Green Arrow getting married or will it also be (former) Mayor Ollie Queen's wedding too? :D
Oh, one more thing. Who's your favorite DC Character?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Not even Batman? They were big buddies during that OMAC thing. :XD
Anyway, will it only be Green Arrow getting married or will it also be (former) Mayor Ollie Queen's wedding too? :D
Oh, one more thing. Who's your favorite DC Character?
I wonder about the whole secret identity thing for the wedding...well with Batman and Oracle around to hack into everything, I'm sure they can have the computer's mysteriously change Ollie and Dinah's marital status without revealing their superhero status.

Favorite character currently has to be a tie between The Flash (Wally West) simply cause I love his character and Tim Drake because he has so much depth to him (more so than other Robins). I've always loved Batman too, but Wally and Tim are just my personal favorites right now.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

You're just saying that because Wally's back, aren't you. Btw, have you noticed that the wally's title will continue with his last number. Nobody told us Bart's gonna die and his series turned out to be a mini. Wait, i think DC gave some hint about that somewhere....

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Actually I've been a big fan of Wally since before the Rogue War. For Bart, I like him best as Impulse and Kid Flash. DC actually gave no hint about Bart's death till a week before the issue. It was the best kept comic secret for a long time.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Yeah, Bart's and Captain America's death is a big "WTF". :D
And "The bad guy" in Identity Crisis. :D

ITACHIWIFE

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

how's it going?

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

how's it going?
It is going well, though I am a bit tired as of this post. Getting only 5 hours of sleep isn't healthy....

ornis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Oh. Maybe that's my problem too. Wait... I fall a sleep in class, if necessary. I'm okay:D