Info - Waifu Wars 2021 - Award Ceremony | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Waifu Wars 2021 - Award Ceremony

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome! The moment has finally come, after a one month and a half of war, betrayals, new allegiances and salt.
And not to mention the enthusiasm!
The waifu of 2021 has been chosen. So let's find out who this person is, shall we?

The girl who won the bronze match is the one and only
Maomao!

And the lady who conquered that silver place is....
Ai Hayasaka!

Rin Tohsaka!!

And the winner is...
Miyamoto Musashi!
Congratulations @SirSamuel016 - After years of salt, you've finally reached the top
Here are the final brackets, for those who are interested~

Waaaait, there was another thing we need to address.
That's right.
The salt lord of 2021 has also been chosen!

🧂 @Copy Panda 🧂
May your food be spiced well this year

Thank you all for participating in this event! This event would not be the same without you! Hope you guys had a good time :blush
Hope to see you all return for another edition next year, the war never ends after all.

At last, a big thank you to @Brandish μ @Demonspeed @Farfalla @Kiki @Zasz - for making this event happen.
Thank you guys so much, it's always a pleasure working with you

- The Staff of MangaHelpers

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Congrats Sammy c: and grats to Michopa too 🐼 You did your best, all the semifinalists, Beno, Erin, Ferfelle <3

Thank you very much to all the participants. Without you guys it wouldnt have been this lively ^^

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
MUSASHI DID IT!!!

Thank you to everyone who has supported my campaign right to the final seconds and helped make this dream reality! Six long years, but we've finally gotten the one that eluded me in that very first year! 😤 I wouldn't be here without the support of you lovely people who believed in me, and more importantly believed Musashi was the best waifu! Thank you for supporting my best girl!

Also a big thank you to the hosts for making this event possible and doubly to @MarmaladeSky who has been running the ship for the first time! Huge effort and it paid off massively! I'm looking forward to how you continue to grow the event in the future, but again, great job!:hug

Now let's celebrate with some Udon!

Rin Tohsaka!!
People still can't let go of round 3? :XD Or did Panda buy you out for this stunt? :nah Maybe we need to supply you with some copium @Copy Panda :teehee That said, welcome to the halls of the salt :hurr

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Hello Rin-clan, it's me yet again; the chief with the sieve separating the chaff from the Rin votes.

As today is a sad day, I shall keep it brief so we can all go back to mourning in peace.

Yet another day passes us sane folk have to pretend this development of events is entirely within the realm of the acceptable. And yet I ask of you, Rin-clan-chans, did this happen overnight? No. No, it did not. Norms and values usually don't go away all at once. It's an incremental erosion of principle that leads us to these desolate depths. By failing to call out the small-scale encroachments, we have failed to keep the overall degeneracy in check, causing us to sink ever deeper into the abyss. Next thing you know the staff will consolidate this waypoint into the dark by adding a small fucking salt shaker icon next to my name as a permanent reminder of our loss today.

But we shall not falter, and we shall not forget. We shall not forget the harm that was done to our glorious Rin-chan faction on this day. We shall not forget the staff who institutionalised this incursion into conventional morality. But most importantly, we shall not forget each other. We shall not forget the votes, efforts and gallant camaraderie displayed during this war. Our time will come, and when it does, all of us will assemble, rise up and fight for what is rightfully ours. On that day, the gacha gods will smile down on us, Gary will rig the vote in our favour and glory will finally belong to our people. So until that day comes, stay strong Rin-clan. Godspeed. :scry

pictured: a handful of precious Rin-clan members whose pfp's fit on this meme

Last edited:

First Devilslayer

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Rin Tohsaka!!

And the winner is...
Miyamoto Musashi!
Congratulations @SirSamuel016 - After years of salt, you've finally reached the top
Here are the final brackets, for those who are interested~

Not funny.
The wrong Waifu won.

Rin is the winner. Is this a prediction for the next Waifu Wars ;)

Don`t forget i have nominated Rin Tohsaka and also do a lot of work for her fight in Round 2 and in Round 3.

Rin has a good potential to win, maybe the next war, because she has the second most votes

Congrats @ SirSamuel016 to get the gold medal

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Oh some other things..

Thank you staff (Truudje!) for making this spicy event possible.

Thank you First for nominating Rin (though you're lucky Sam didn't 'Shima your ass for copying pasting the Rin wiki).

Finally, congrats to Sam for successfully simping the hardest this year! I still think your waifu is trash but I can appreciate the effort you put in. Your total word count in the threads was like 3~4k but the Oscar-worthy performance in PM is what pushed it over the edge.

Congrats to the runners-up of the event as well - Noona and Erichi - pretty good performance all things considered. Thank you again Rin-clan! Hopefully my back will be better again in a few weeks, after it has recovered from the backstabbery this event 🙂

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello Rin-clan, it's me yet again; the chief with the sieve separating the chaff from the Rin votes.

As today is a sad day, I shall keep it brief so we can all go back to mourning in peace.

Yet another day passes us sane folk have to pretend this development of events is entirely within the realm of the acceptable. And yet I ask of you, Rin-clan-chans, did this happen overnight? No. No, it did not. Norms and values usually don't go away all at once. It's an incremental erosion of principle that leads us to these desolate depths. By failing to call out the small-scale encroachments, we have failed to keep the overall degeneracy in check, causing us to sink ever deeper into the abyss. Next thing you know the staff will consolidate this waypoint into the dark by adding a small fucking salt shaker icon next to my name as a permanent reminder of our loss today.

But we shall not falter, and we shall not forget. We shall not forget the harm that was done to our glorious Rin-chan faction on this day. We shall not forget the staff who institutionalised this incursion into conventional morality. But most importantly, we shall not forget each other. We shall not forget the votes, efforts and gallant camaraderie displayed during this war. Our time will come, and when it does, all of us will assemble, rise up and fight for what is rightfully ours. On that day, the gacha gods will smile down on us, Gary will rig the vote in our favour and glory will finally belong to our people. So until that day comes, stay strong Rin-clan. Godspeed. :scry

pictured: a handful of precious Rin-clan members whose pfp's fit on this meme
Oh you poor child, you never had a hope to begin with once the bracket was set. Two rin-chans in the recent Babylonia anime yet again couldn't net you enough votes, and to top it all off the actual Rin nominator copy-pasted her Wiki; it was never meant to be.

You scream "1 Vote Evil! 1 Vote Evil!" but who truly is Rin clan? You're silly if you think the others aren't exactly like Evil, ready to turn on you at a moment's notice~ Let that salt be a reminder of what you brought upon yourself this year. Pot-shots at Musashi, celestial shitposting advocacy in a mafia game, and once again leeching off of someone else's Rin campaign. We allowed you to get within 1 vote out of pity, but my advice for you: If you want something done right, do it yourself. If you truly believe Rin to be the one then you'll be the one to nominate her in 2022. And to that end, I'll wish you luck because Godspeed or @Demonspeed , you'll need it.

I look forward to you actually campaigning in 2022, and trying to redeem your sins :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not funny.
The wrong Waifu won.

Rin is the winner. Is this a prediction for the next Waifu Wars ;)

Don`t forget i have nominated Rin Tohsaka and also do a lot of work for her fight in Round 2 and in Round 3.

Rin has a good potential to win, maybe the next war, because she has the second most votes

Congrats @ SirSamuel016 to get the gold medal
"The wrong waifu won!"
That's what I said when @MarmaladeSky posted Rin too! :XD

But thank you for the congratulations, and well done on a hard-fought campaign my guy!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Finally, congrats to Sam for successfully simping the hardest this year! I still think your waifu is trash but I can appreciate the effort you put in. Your total word count in the threads was like 3~4k but the Oscar-worthy performance in PM is what pushed it over the edge.
I'd say thank you but you're still saying my girl is trash. First you cause Rin to lose in Round 3, and then you don't learn the error of your ways? Yare yare daze :nah :teehee

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh man, I haven't even thought about next year. I might resubmit Pyra, though considering I probably just got lucky this year, I doubt I'll be able to do much better...

Anyway, @SirSamuel016 have you decided what you wanna do next Waifu Wars now that Miyamoto finallt won? I remember you had two other characters you tried nomming before you found Miyamoto, you thinking about trying one of them again?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I forgot to thank properly. Huge thanks to @MarmaladeSky and all the staff for hosting the event, congrats Marm-chan for your 1st hosting it, you did a great job and @Sky must be proud of you.
Thanks to everyone who joined too. And congrats to the winners !

@Farfalla Im so sorry I totally forgot last round,
Thanks so much for your kind words and I feel the same with you, I'm happy i had you as my contender, you have all my respect for fighting on all fronts, as you do, while being busy as hell, and still you find the time to write a camapaign. :zomg

Huge thanks to everyone who supported Maomao, it really means a lot !

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah, ok, put them under their deserving perspective (and that's still imo)
Tysm @MarmaladeSky for all your time and effort and LACK OF SLEEP JUST GO TO BED MISSY
And gratz @SirSamuel016 no one can deny your dedication XD You deserve a Samuel Aussie Might nickname btw u.u My land appreciates you guys barbacue skills.
No, I won't ty @BD_Beno U_u You're still a yeaggerist that beat me! (buuuuuuuuuuuuuut props for getting so damn far)
And yeah thx @Erinyes for the 3rd place fight, I'll take you over Mamao tho :hurr
To all the other participants, I appreciate the presence! But you all suck since Tear didn't get it u.u She'd nuke Musashi and Rin!