1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The Waifu Wars 2017 Round 4 has begun! Bring the salt and cast your votes!

4. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

We are one yet many

Discussion in 'Meet the Moderators' started by niichan, Jun 20, 2015.

1. syx

syx ρʀσᴅıɢʏ

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Winterfell
    Is that Sakura with shorter hair? Are there more pics of that "version"?

2. Sky

Sky Horny Pastry Puffer

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Global Moderator

Germany
    As we didn't talk a lot lately: :emocat

SukaSuka:

Well already started a bit on Slack but I really do believe that watching this as a batch makes it harder. Especially I tend to grow attached rather fast over a short amount of time. (Though I stop caring at some point if it wasn't an amazing story like Little Busters or G-Senjou.)
    Anyway... Chtholly... :emocat Happiest girl on the planet, my ass! Dying right in front of your husbando? How dare you! :emocat I do wonder though if the author is simply a masochist... As he turns Ren and Willem into beasts and makes the fairy girls kill Willem as well. Sure he brings him back like a Deus ex Machina... Only Ren loses her pretty twin tails. Hah...
    I just hate it that only the person to vanish completely is Chtholly... :/
    Still I applaud them for making me almost cry. The OST was a big catalyst here. :XD A nice 7/10. :nod

Little Witch Academia:

It sure is refreshing that the main character wasn't the biggest badass and not even the flashiest. Chariot was a blast even without most of her magical powers. Go figure. :sky2
    A really nice ending overall and Akko grew on me, especially thanks to her speech and that she loves sensei. <3 Also it made me smile that she could finally float in the end. If a girl deserves it, it is her.
    I went out of my way and gave this a 8/10 simply because the second cour was a blast most of the time.

Yowamushi Pedal:

I do get the feeling that Sohoku won't win this and I don't mind. I actually hope Kyoto wins this so we get a new location for their final Inter High. Also Kyoto kinda looks like the bunch of main villains here.
    Teshima though. :kreygasm It is quite surrealistic that he managed to keep up with Manami but hey at least it was entertaining. Not a snore fest like the actual Tour de France.
    As the fourth season was already announced, I rate this Hime/10. :nod

Fate/Apocrypha:

The only new show I picked so far, which is really weird, and I enjoyed it a lot. Jeanne looks moe even though it is just A-1. Also not sure if Mordred is supposed to look that bratty? Sure she was forced to play the role of a boy like Artoria but this is expert tomboy level so far.
    The action looks promising and it is a two cour show so I hope it gets the Fate-feeling going. :nod

There should be more to talk about but after finally finishing the last season yesterday I stop here for now. :XD

Zasz and niichan like this.
  3. DiMaria Yesta

DiMaria Yesta Chronometer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Indonesia
    Those 20 badges :zomg

Yooooooo nii how are you? I forgot to show you some K-songs as you wanted me to recommend some back then. So where do I start? I think I should start posting slowly..one by one.. slow but sure..lol. I usually listen to female group songs, but there are some songs from male groups that I like. You okay with this? Or perhaps you like rap/heavy metal songs? :D But I guess it's normal right? Boys listen to female group songs and watch their MVs, girls listen to male group songs and watch their MVs. Not to mention Korean/Asian girls are pretty that they make me fanboy!!!!! Ok I sound like a pervert, back to the topic. :p

Most of K-songs have rap part nowadays, even if the song is mellow. So you will be familiar with it.

I will put it under spoiler tags

4. Atom

Atom Registered User

Fun Forum
    @niichan Which characters should I be looking forward to in Apocrypha? :hmm

5. DiMaria Yesta

Mangahelper

Indonesia

6. niichan

niichan Majutsushi

Administrator

Germany
    Sorry my friends, I'm busy with preparing for exams and Fate/Grand Order

but I will answer everything after that is over, so please bear with me :(

Zasz, Darky, DiMaria Yesta and 2 others like this.
  7. Sky

Sky Horny Pastry Puffer

Global Moderator

Germany
    Everything for you. <3

I hope you get the best possible pulls results. :hug

Atom and niichan like this.
  8. DiMaria Yesta

Mangahelper

Indonesia

This is probably very old post but who cares
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Original Post Date: Jul 14, 2017 at 11:57 PM ---
    What is this, nii?
    [​IMG]

Emiya Alter looks cool in this pic.

(poor nii he's got so many questions :teehee)

Darky, niichan and Sky like this.
  9. Sky

Sky Horny Pastry Puffer

Global Moderator

Germany
    Those are costumes for FGO servants.

Darky and DiMaria Yesta like this.
  10. syx

syx ρʀσᴅıɢʏ

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Winterfell
    It's not really a Fate thing, but my impression is that it's way more apparent in the Fate series than in any other series. :lmao This comment is pure gold. :lmao

niichan, Atom, Darky and 2 others like this.
  11. Sky

Sky Horny Pastry Puffer

Global Moderator

Germany
    [​IMG]

Do you remember this? :kappa

niichan and Darky like this.
  12. WithYouInSpirit

WithYouInSpirit Certified Sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Australia
    When you realise that Sky has more posts here than you do :XD

Zasz likes this.
  13. niichan

niichan Majutsushi

Administrator

Germany
    Yeah thanks for revealing where my ava is coming from... not :(

Sure, there are. I saw plenty, but you will have to look for yourself if you're really curious. I only have two saved on my PC, here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh btw, those versions of Shirou, Sakura and Rin are supposed to be their ultimate forms as mages. Basically meaning if they reached their peak power/knowledge, this is how they would look. Sure makes one interested in a possible story covering that.

Well I think I told you that SukaSuka lost me somewhere around the halfpoint. Sure it still was sad, so I won't say it didn't work, and I was interested enough that I looked on MAL what's supposed to happen to Willem etc afterwards bc it was left so vague, but I'm not sure if I would even pick up a second season if it came... so I don't think I'm a good person to discuss SukaSuka with :XD

Regarding LWA, that was pretty good indeed. Tbh at times I felt slightly bored and I never got completely emotionally invested, but at it's high points it definitely delivered. The last EP was great :zomg Akko really grew on me, such a cute girl. Also that friendship with Diana turned out really cute :zomg
    I think I only gave the show a 7/10 in the end, bc of the things I mentioned. Would have given it a 7.5 if I could, but it's just not an 8/10 for me.

Tbh I thought this third season of Yowamushi was rather disappointing. There were good moments, but overall it lacked a lot of that blood-pumping entertainment. I don't exactly blame it on the charas, the new ones actually are interesting and the old cast is likeable already, but it felt too much like a repeat of the first Inter-High. Especially that whole "Onoda gets lost in the crowd again", which was just... urgh. Doesn't help that Teshima is likeable but just, yeah, way too average lol, to actually care much about him. Here's hoping that the rest of the Inter High's going to be better.

I think she will look way less bratty later on, you probably saw already xD But in general she's more of a tomboy yeah, after all she never wanted to be like her mother. So far I'm pretty satisfied. Sure it's not ufotable level, but the animation is quite okay so far and they're not removing anything as far as I know.

I like my badges too :pleased

Tbh I'm not too interested in the PV performance, mostly just the tracks. So I don't really care if the songs come from boys or girls haha, as long as it's a good song. I listened to both, the first wasn't really my thing, but I did like the second one, so thanks for that :blush

And I think I told you I can enjoy almost every kind of music. It's kind a generic answer to give, but it really is like that lol.

That's a difficult question Atom xD Like I told you, I don't know about quite a big part of the story either, and in the end everyone has his own preferences, especially when it comes to characters. Personally I think Mordred definitely is a highlight, Jeanne could very well be too ofc. Karna is cool too, he kinda has this dark chuuni style and can actually pull it off without seeming ridiculous lol.

Kotomine Shirou will definitely surprise you... :XD besides that, just wait and see I would say~

Yeah very old but still good :nod

Sky already answered the question, there's a new costume shop in the JP version of FGO. So far it only has a Mashu summer outfit, but I believe those on the pic will come too. Not completely sure, but they were made for FGO at least.

And yeah, Emiya Alter can actually look quite okay if he gets a better outfit and someone who can draw really well. Still not happy with his design, but I already saw some pics were he actually looked somewhat cool, so it's okay.

You and your Fate bashing, I love you :)

Jokes aside, he does have a point. I feel it's slightly overdone, bc there definitely are many rules that do remain, but in fact saying "never" or "always" is a thing that's most often not going to turn out true in the end :XD It's probably used to add shock or surprise to the scene, but ofc that only works so many times. Other times it's used to point out how "special" a certain character or situation is. In any case, you can look at this in a positive or negative light, personally I don't really mind.

And that first comment made me laugh as well... xD but it still isn't true, bc it's not guaranteed to work all the time or again and again, she was lucky this one time. Not like something with 100% certainty exists anyway, a move like that would be way too hax.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:49 PM ---
    Finally done, that was tiring :arf

14. Sky

Sky Horny Pastry Puffer

Global Moderator

Germany
    Would be a shame if all of us would decide to... answer... :kappa

Atom likes this.
  15. niichan

niichan Majutsushi