Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 37 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The creator of Chronos Ruler is adapting a Japanese movie into a manga on Jump+. Not sure how long it's going to be. The movie is called Mozu. It could just be a short adaption and then he'll return to Chronos Ruler, but the lack of publicity and the lack of a volume 1 for Chronos Ruler makes me think it's going to be cancelled soon anyway.

Sadly, Ananomujina looks to be coming to an end.

Zeke is cool to flip through. I want to pick up Zeke, but the lack of furigana makes it hard to click the check out button. I might pick up Zeke after I get further along in my Japanese studies. I really like the war theme Zeke is going with. It really feels like the manga takes place in a fantasy WW2.
I'm really hoping Jump+ can spawn some successful and entertaining series. They are all being stopped at the four volume barrier?

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Karada Sagashi is 5 volumes & ongoing, they're strongly pushing it on their plus twitter account & they even gave it crossover with Maho shojo of the end

Hitman Reborn 2.0 is 4 volumes & ongoing too

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Karada Sagashi is 5 volumes & ongoing, they're strongly pushing it on their plus twitter account & they even gave it crossover with Maho shojo of the end

Hitman Reborn 2.0 is 4 volumes & ongoing too
Hitman Reborn 2.0? Are you talking about Eldlive because those aren't remotely similar because this has more fanservice and isn't fujoshi bait (Much) and it doesn't have a talkng baby :teehee

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

The creator of Chronos Ruler is adapting a Japanese movie into a manga on Jump+. Not sure how long it's going to be. The movie is called Mozu. It could just be a short adaption and then he'll return to Chronos Ruler, but the lack of publicity and the lack of a volume 1 for Chronos Ruler makes me think it's going to be cancelled soon anyway.

Sadly, Ananomujina looks to be coming to an end.

Zeke is cool to flip through. I want to pick up Zeke, but the lack of furigana makes it hard to click the check out button. I might pick up Zeke after I get further along in my Japanese studies. I really like the war theme Zeke is going with. It really feels like the manga takes place in a fantasy WW2.
Its looks and feels like Akame ga Kill if it was based in ww2. There is literally a guy that rips off faces and uses them as arm bands holy Shieet!!!

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
i don't care about Amano enough to read more than one chapter of eldlive & from what i read it's the same formula as ktr.......IN SPACE!

Soul Soul Brigade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, when looking at it, elDLIVE is basically Reborn in space. Except the female cast plays a more active role in fighting the bad guys then the female cast did in Reborn. I just really like Amano's coloring.

Karada Sagashi was a series of novels before it was a manga, so take from that what you will.

I like Zeke more than Akame. Akame just felt like it was trying to be edgy for edgy's sake, but Zeke is about war. This is the type of stuff you would see in war. Disturbing and cruel people fulfilling their twisted desires with the excuse of "it's the enemy, so it's ok." The twisted action just seems to really fit Zeke.

Last edited:

stellvia

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
That recent one-shot was pretty entertaining. Takuan to Batsu no Nichijou Enmachou
Decent banter between the two MCs. Her 'abuse' of Tsukumo wasn't overbearing and went along with the gags. Lots of cringeworthy puns, which I guess were fun in their own way.

Also liked the homage to Yuzo Takada's 3x3 Eyes with the main character's name. (At least I assume)
Yakumo 八雲 and Tsukumo 九十九 Kanji for 8 for Yakumo and Kanji for 9 for Tsukumo. And maybe there's also some extended joke in the rest about 3x3 = 9.

Then the symbolism of Batsu (which means punishment of course) having the "3rd eye" motif and the MC being her 'servant' following along that same line of reference. And then the pun of Tsukumo's given name Takurou (多九郎) reading as "many troubles"

Chipp12

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Am I the only one who think that Tabata's comment sounds a bit strange?

Lehran

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sesujj fell behind Hinomaru in the daily sales ranking. It seems like it sold between 20K ~ 25K. We'll know tomorrow for sure.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sesujj fell behind Hinomaru in the daily sales ranking. It seems like it sold between 20K ~ 25K. We'll know tomorrow for sure.
Wow both were beat by a BL manga.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got my copies of both in yesterday, as well as Best Blue. Best Blue's downfall is it took to long to introduce the great competitors and friendships. They needed to be at least alluded to in the first two chapters. It's too bad, it was an anime ready manga.

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Wait that's Sesuji's first volume and Hinomaru's fifth or sixth at this point, right?

Why're the sales like that? Hinomaru's are low or Sesuji's are extremely high?

(asking because I don't follow sales generally)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait that's Sesuji's first volume and Hinomaru's fifth or sixth at this point, right?

Why're the sales like that? Hinomaru's are low or Sesuji's are extremely high?

(asking because I don't follow sales generally)
Hinomaru is always low like that.

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Really? Man, that sucks. There's no appreciation for true shonen manga these days, no love for guts and sweat...

Oh well.

Bluenotebook

Reaction score
Country
United States
IIRC didn't Hinomaru have one of the lowest debuts since like 2008?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Bluenotebook

Reaction score
Country
United States
How do they measure that when series have had v1s that didnt chart.
No idea, I was just reading through the old threads and remembered someone said that.

Lehran

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
IIRC didn't Hinomaru have one of the lowest debuts since like 2008?
Among the series which were able to debut on the Oricon top 50, which are few compared to the total of series that start in Jump.

Compared to Jump series in general, Hinomaru had a good debut, its problem is that the sales almost didn't grew since then. It's already in its sixth volume and it sells less than some cancelled series despite Jump's efforts to promote it. I sometimes ask myself how is it possible to have such different performances in the magazine rankings and in sales... maybe its fanbase, despite being small, is hardcore enough to buy the magazine every week and vote for it?

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
Among the series which were able to debut on the Oricon top 50, which are few compared to the total of series that start in Jump.

Compared to Jump series in general, Hinomaru had a good debut, its problem is that the sales almost didn't grew since then. It's already in its sixth volume and it sells less than some cancelled series despite Jump's efforts to promote it. I sometimes ask myself how is it possible to have such different performances in the magazine rankings and in sales... maybe its fanbase, despite being small, is hardcore enough to buy the magazine every week and vote for it?
Some fan bases are just different. Soul Catcher(s) popularity poll participation blows any other manga out of the water. Winner had over thirty thousand votes. I'm surprised Zumo at least hasn't moved into the forty thousand range.

Status
Not open for further replies.