Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 172 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
It is here, but I also do not remember it was there before. Guess they had to add an extra manga to replace both Rocking You and Jikan no Death Game which got axed in past weeks. https://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/shinrensai_2019/04/
I know of the page, I'm saying it wasn't there before

huh, apparently being done by 2/3 of the team doing

that is still running on jump+

Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Given Jumps recent handling of ending successful series, I am absolutely expecting Soma to finish up in Giga.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Given Jumps recent handling of ending successful series, I am absolutely expecting Soma to finish up in Giga.
oh yeah, we still haven't got a face for GIGA Summer 2019 (not that it is necessary, but why not keep the trend)

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Glad to see we'll have new sports manga coming.
Jump needs a new sport manga to be successful.
Samurai 8 seems to be the most interesting this year.
but this will depend on the acceptance of the Japanese, even because you can not jump starts making 20 sports sleeves without having a good result.
The jump is investing in battle shonen dark because kimetsu no yaiba, jujutsu kaisen and neverland are successful, and one of these manga will end so it is quite obvious that they will look for a substitute.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I kind of wonder how much further Black Clover can be pushed plot wise given the levels of power scaling and how the villain everyone is fighting against has final boss material written all over him being literally
the devil.

Even if they have Yuno become Griffith and do a timeskip I can't see the series topping the events transpiring right now. Anything else will be underwhelming.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yui Kamio feels bland to me, not feeling its high placement.

Rooting for Chainsaw and Saiyuuki to make it through the year.

Don't care much about the four new series yet.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was thinking the same about Black Clover. The creator seems to want it to go on much much longer. But I can’t see where else it could go. Power scales seem like they already hit the ceiling..

I feel like Black Clover missed out big time not including classic RP3, Fantasy type creators in the story already.
Goblins, Orges, Dragons, Slimes, Direwolves, etc.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Was thinking the same about Black Clover. The creator seems to want it to go on much much longer. But I can’t see where else it could go. Power scales seem like they already hit the ceiling..

I feel like Black Clover missed out big time not including classic RP3, Fantasy type creators in the story already.
Goblins, Orges, Dragons, Slimes, Direwolves, etc.
why does one want it to be like every other fantasy story?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just seems like an easier way to keep the story going for as long as possible
Theres other kingdoms to explore and yuno asta still need to get older, the mangatimeline its only been like a few months since they even joined, new wizard king, kingdom rebuilding arc, golden dawn revival arc, etc etc etc.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Theres other kingdoms to explore and yuno asta still need to get older, the mangatimeline its only been like a few months since they even joined, new wizard king, kingdom rebuilding arc, golden dawn revival arc, etc etc etc.
I know that all of that stuff can happen. But like Rica said above. It feels like with the current villain and powers like they’ve already reached endgame power levels

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I guess Samurai 8 is gonna have space travel

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like Kishimoto got inspired by the god, Hiro Mashima. Hyped.

Brizzi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sounds like Kishimoto got inspired by the god, Hiro Mashima. Hyped.
HAHAHA it reminded me of Edens Zero, too. This text preview made me a little afraid of what's to come.

Mr.Fujimaster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
but this will depend on the acceptance of the Japanese, even because you can not jump starts making 20 sports sleeves without having a good result.
The jump is investing in battle shonen dark because kimetsu no yaiba, jujutsu kaisen and neverland are successful, and one of these manga will end so it is quite obvious that they will look for a substitute.
This means that Jump does not need to invest in dark manga for a while, chainsaw is success.
Now Jump needs sport manga and another mystery manga that need be succeed. Neverland is on the final arc and Jump has no other mystery manga that will replace him.
Gag manga too.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
From that I’m guessing the plot is that there’s some Space Samurai Corp.(that or being a Samurais is similar to being a Hunter in HxH, or a Pirate in OP, where you can just become a samurai and do your own thing)

The main character starts the series with missing limbs and lives on an extremely poor planet. But he really wants to leave his poor planet and travel the universe as a Samurai.

A Samurai lands on his planet for whatever reason(maybe he’s chasing a bad guy who landed there. Or he just happens to crash there).

The first chapter the boy helps the Samurai. Somehow he gets the robotic arms and legs that we see in the one colored image we got. The samurai leaves the planet and gives the kid some sort of inspiration or blueprint to becoming a samurai himself(the samurai will be something of a Shanks-like character)

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This means that Jump does not need to invest in dark manga for a while, chainsaw is success.
Now Jump needs sport manga and another mystery manga that need be succeed. Neverland is on the final arc and Jump has no other mystery manga that will replace him.
Gag manga too.
Well I don’t particularly think they’re actively trying to fill every gap.
The only real staples we have for Jump is Action/Adventure series, Sports Series, Rom/Com, and Gag/Comedy.

Dark series kind of fall into Action/Adventure. But don’t think they specifically have a “dark series” quota they want to meet.

Same with Mystery. I don’t think they particular have a “Mystery series” gap they want to meet. Mystery series just sort of come in go whenever

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I know of the page, I'm saying it wasn't there before

huh, apparently being done by 2/3 of the team doing

that is still running on jump+
Was annonced in march.

Status
Not open for further replies.