Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 215 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean...the popularity of a number of series such as Umaru-chan and Komi-san show that the market is very much there for comedy manga, but the problem is that they're very much slow grinds in terms of popularity, which is not exactly what Jump wants out of their titles.
Man, I'd love it if Umaru or something like it ended up in WSJ. But if I had to choose a magazine a theoretical WSJ manga should mimic, I'd probably go with Weekly Shonen Champion. I'd love to see something sort of delinquent romcom like Rokudou or an anthropomorphic creature series like Beastars.

Rain Spectre

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I mean, if something of David's level of quality failed to sell, I struggle to really have much hope...

senjuclan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
what are the sales for WNL ? is there any sign of improuvement ??

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
Having read the first seven chapters of Bozebeats, I can call it the most brainless manga I've ever read. Hirano clearly had zero plans on what to do, and just randomly meandered with pointless fight scenes and zero building of the narrative. Also, despite the praise given to the artwork, I found it pretty crappy after Chapter 3, with most panels being these ugly digital smears.
Yeah that was weird, the first 2 chapters had pretty good art, and then after that it was pretty amateurish. It and Demons Plan had some pretty weak art for battle shonen and it’s arguable how important art is

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah that was weird, the first 2 chapters had pretty good art, and then after that it was pretty amateurish. It and Demons Plan had some pretty weak art for battle shonen and it’s arguable how important art is
I mean, I'd argue the early art for most of the current era roster started pretty average before improving. They survived through strength of storytellling, which to my knowledge Demon's Plan didn't have (I wouldn't know personally, FYI, haven't read it).

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Act-age color page:

Looking great as always. I need to thank the editorial to give act-age so much color pages.

I wonder how the next batches will go if David and Japan do both leave (it does seem possible). I'm guessing something like

- Soma next batch and Saiyuuki if it stays down there
- Zumou and 2 of these new series
- Yuuna and 1 or 2 other things

and that'll probably do it for this year. WNL's also slowly building to an ending so maybe it too, but I think it'll last into early 2020 personally. I wonder if we'll also keep seeing gag manga show up until one eventually sticks. Probably. At least we'll get official translations for them all now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wonder what they'll do for gag manga if David and Japan leave, they always like to have one around and while there's 3 romcoms there wouldn't be any outright gag stuff. No doubt they'll add one or two next batch but it'd be missing one until then.

Maybe the Neverland spin-off chapter is a sign and they'll various special chapters for the next couple months until next batch starts. That could be fun I guess.

We've got, what, MHA, OP, Haikyuu with gag spin-offs? Sorta Kimetsu too? Them plus a oneshot or two would do it.
WNL is probably ending in mid or late 2020. It's not going to end with less time and chapters than Yuna.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
If HxH returns in June how it will effect the current slot?

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
WNL is probably ending in mid or late 2020. It's not going to end with less time and chapters than Yuna.
WNL is probably late this year, early next IMO. There's only three months left in-story before graduation, and Fumino, Kirisu-sensei and Asami all have their arcs resolved. All that's really left is conclusions for Uruka and Rizu's arcs, resolution on the harem (#TeamFumino) and wrap for Naruyuki's arc and the series as a whole.

Blink22

Reaction score
Country
United States
On my knees begging for David’s survival. It doesn’t deserve to go out like this

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's financially unwise to keep David-kun around.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hate to agree with Sharkbait...but he's right. David simply did not sell.

CuriousReborn

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
How is the Kimetsu boost in comparison to BC boost?

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Cover 12th volume + color page of We Never Learn :
That seems to confirm my suspicion that the last six volumes are gonna be each of the girls and the dramatic conclusions of their arcs, closing off with a group shot with Naruyuki.

Be a fitting resolution, anyway.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
How is the Kimetsu boost in comparison to BC boost?
I remember BC vol 13 sold 180,954 copies in October 2017 after the anime started airing in October.

Compare this with Kimetsu's.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This week is being pretty strange. Everything has already spoiler summaries (except Jujutsu and Act-age, because these two titles are always forgotten in internet :emobirb )

What is more surprising is that we got all these summaries but still not Jump cover.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WNL is probably late this year, early next IMO. There's only three months left in-story before graduation, and Fumino, Kirisu-sensei and Asami all have their arcs resolved. All that's really left is conclusions for Uruka and Rizu's arcs, resolution on the harem (#TeamFumino) and wrap for Naruyuki's arc and the series as a whole.
Eh, I can see your vision, it's very likely considering at how it's going. Still, with the rhythm it goes, it pretty much goes on arc, then some episodic chapters and arc, which gives a breath in between. So, I believe it'll end with like 160 chapters at best? Probably around this. Which would be less than Yuna and surprising, considering that it sells more than it.

There's also the possibility of college, even if remotely. lol But I don't believe that too much, I just saw some saying that. That's more wishful thinking.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I admit that I don't understand that in 2019 we can put watermarks (especially on a cover). In addition, if the person owns the magazine, why not at least take the entire cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.