Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Shinuki no Reborn

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #32 - BOTH WAYS OF VOTING!

The poll for issue #32 is now open HERE!

Alongside the release of Ghost Reaper Girl, the extra series besides these two releases are:

-Jigokuraku 104
-Kaiju No.8 2

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Haikyuu!! (Cover & LCP)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mashle
Me and Roboco (CP)
Chainsaw Man
Magu-chan: God of Desctruction
Dr. Stone (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai (Extended Chapter)
Mission: Yozakura Family
Moriking (CP)
Undead Unluck (Extended Chapter)
Act-Age
Ayakashi Triangle
We Never Learn
Black Clover
Time Paradox Ghostwriter
Agravity Boys
Hachinin Ninja no Saishuu Shiken (One-shot)
Bone Collection
Mitama Security

Issue #33-34
Cover & LCP: One Piece
CP: Haikyuu!!, Mashle, Gin Iro no Seven (One-shot), KochiKame (One-shot)
Extended Chapter: Me and Roboco

Last edited:

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is #2
Most likely That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime. Really popular franchise if even the manga's selling this well.

Minsel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My guess for the next batch will be starting on August 30th(The first axe i mean) Since the ones expected to be axed are Bone Collection, Agravity Boys, and Mitama, which would end at Chapter 16, 34, and 51 respectively

also that the ones who will be serialized are Burn The Witch, a spokon by this guy https://twitter.com/yzrh_kyun who hinted at having something serialized, and either another spokon or a battle manga(maybe Count Over author)

iamnightwing

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Right now The Promised Neverland's backlog is much stronger than My Hero Academia's so this falls within expectations. Volume sales should be pretty similar like last week. As for Haikyuu!!, the reprints only went out on the 10th, if you take a look at the 13th's daily ranking, there are 40 Haikyuu!! volumes there.
TPN's backlog might be due to the series ending and people picking up old volumes. MHA doesn't have the anime right now to boost its backlog, and expecting Haikyuu's to pick up after next week

RafGL

Reaction score
Country
Spain
TPN's backlog might be due to the series ending and people picking up old volumes. MHA doesn't have the anime right now to boost its backlog, and expecting Haikyuu's to pick up after next week
The Promised Neverland's backlog has always been one of the strongest in the magazine, no end related. Every volume charting daily and weekly without leaving Shoseki and in way higher positions than other manga. This is nothing surprising at all.

Glad for act-age to keep increasing its backlog. It's estimated to have sold around 60k from Volumes 1-11, so around 40k more for Volume 12 which would already put it at the same level as previous volumes with even less days, and selling even more backlog copies than on the first week.

Newkerzy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My guess for the next batch will be starting on August 30th(The first axe i mean) Since the ones expected to be axed are Bone Collection, Agravity Boys, and Mitama, which would end at Chapter 16, 34, and 51 respectively

also that the ones who will be serialized are Burn The Witch, a spokon by this guy https://twitter.com/yzrh_kyun who hinted at having something serialized, and either another spokon or a battle manga(maybe Count Over author)
The guy who did Erica? Yeah, I think he could definitely start his serialization in the next round, if not next year. If he reworks the horse to be a bit closer to Chestnut from Silver Spoon, then I could see the series hitting it off.

El Jacco

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
So, with less than 24 hours to get the ToC and and the last time it will get to appeared Haikyuu!!, this is the overall "performance" got throughout all of its run with its 8 and a half years in WSJ.

Cover appearances: 29 (26 solo + 3 Special)
Amount of LCPs: 32 LCPs
Amount of CPs: 64 CPs

With its completion, Haikyuu!! is the second series with most CPs in the history of the magazine and the 10th with most LCPs. And while the amout of CPs and LCPs series get this days are way more than series got in the 70s to 90s, its an impressive run that we will most likely need to wait some years to see it repeat again.

Why I did appearances? Because there are times that some series get to be in the cover even tho its not a issue with a group cover, thus saying it they are "special" in the overall count of the whole series

If anyone is intrigued on the cover issues here are all listed:
#12.2012 - #43.2012 - #12.2013 - #45.2013 - #18.2014 (Group with half the magazine roster) - #25.2014 - #9.2015 - #17.2015 - #31.2015 - #44.2015 - #52.2015 - #7.2016 - #16.2016 - #28.2016 - #40.2016 - #44.2016 - #20.2017 - #35.2017 (Joint with old Jump series)- #1.2018 - #12.2018 - #19.2018 - #33.2018 (Jump 50th anniversary) - #46.2018 - #12.2019 - #30.2019 - #41.2019 - #51.2019 - #16.2020 - #32.2020

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Or perhaps someone has a list of or way to find out the editors for Jump+ and Young Jump series and I can compare myself.
Just really really curious about this.
No WYJ mentions, but saw a (non-comprehensive) list of previous WSJ editors. Though I'm not sure what's meant by "third editorial department" (just Shueisha in general, I guess?). But yeah, can be a lot of movement. To take someone who isn't on the list (Tomoyuki), it looks like he worked on Slam Dunk, YYH, Stone Ocean, launched Hoshin Engi, etc. and became a deputy editor at WSJ, then went to Jump Square and eventually became EiC. Then shortly after that, he moved to Young Jump and became EiC (just avoid the assaulting a taxi driver part).

And feel free to point out any mistakes/typos before I add them to the list.
Haruko (1991)
Launched: Makuhari, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Steel Ball Run, Taizou Mote King Saga

Became Deputy Editor-in-Chief of WSJ in 2006; Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Jump Square in 2010; Editor-in-Chief of WSJ from 2011-2017.

Yahagi (1994)
Launched: Seikimatsu Leader den Takeshi!, Hunter × Hunter, Naruto

Currently the Editor-in-Chief of Jump Square and Deputy Director of the third editorial department.

Asada (1995)
Launched: One Piece, Zombiepowder., Bleach, Mr. Fullswing, Eyeshield 21, Takaya: Senbu Gakuen Gekitouden, Kirihoshi, P2 - Let's Play Ping Pong!, Blood Blockade Battlefront (Jump Square)

After working as the Deputy Editor at Jump Square, he was the Editor-in-Chief of JBooks (light novels). After working as the director of the Character Business Office, he is the Deputy General Manager of the third editorial department.

Aida (1999)
Launched: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Reborn!, Bakuman

Currently the Editor-in-Chief of Ribon (shojo magazine).

Yoshida (2001)
Launched: Death Note, D.Gray-man, Samurai Usagi, Psyren, Meister, Hoopmen, Medaka Box, Magico

Currently the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Jump Square.

Nakaji (2004)
Launched: Hitomi no Catoblepas, Hatsukoi Limited, Shiritsu Poseidon Gakuen Koutou-bu, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Chagecha, Kagijin, Neko Wappa!, Lock On!, Shonen Shikku, Shokugeki no Soma, Koisome Momiji, Takamagahara, Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, Shudan!

Moved to Jump+ (currently assistant editor).

Hattori (2005)
Launched: Boku no Watashi no Yusha Gaku, Muddy, Hokenshitsu no Shinigami, Shinseiki Idol Densetsu: Kanata Seven Change, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K., Hachi -Tokyo 23-ku-

Currently at Jump Square.

Saito (2005)
Launched: Double Arts, Kuroko's Basketball, Sengoku Armors, Nisekoi, Retsu!!! Date-Senpai, Koi no Cupid: Yakenohara Jin, Yoakemono, Judos, Spring Weapon No. 1, We Never Learn

Involved with the Character Business Office (see Asada above), apparently.

Akira Jean-Baptiste Hattori (2006)
Launched: Bokke-san, Super Dog Rilienthal, Dois Sol, Märchen Ouji Grimm, Koisuru Edison, World Trigger

Also in charge of One Piece (Sabaody - Fishman Island) and currently(?) with One Piece magazine as well.

Koike (2008)
Launched: Enigma, Kikai Tonchi Banashi Hanasaka Ikkyuu, Hungry Joker, Smoky B.B., Kurokuroku, Hinomaru Sumo, My Hero Academia, Aharen-san Wa Hakarenai (Jump+), Jikai no Death Game ni Gokitai kudasai!! (Jump+)

Moved to Jump+.

Kim (2008)
Launched: Light Wing, Soul Catcher(S), Hime-dol!!, Takujo no Ageha, Lady Justice

Moved to Grand Jump and then the third editorial department as a member of the Character Business Office (see Asada above).

Isaka (2010)
Launched: Genson! Kodai Seibutsu-shi Packy, Isobe Isobee Monogatari, Mitsukubi Condor, E-Robot, Ultra Battle Satellite, Nekota Biyori (Jump+), Devily Man, Love Rush!, Ibitsu no Amalgam, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Robot × LaserBeam, Invade You!, Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame nara!? (Jump+), Double Taisei, Beast Children

Left WSJ before Yozakura launched. Also in charge of One Piece previously (Fishman Island - Dressrosa) and current editor of One Piece magazine.

Zetsyn

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Maki Seiyuu also being Reina in Hinomaru, Tsugumi in Nisekoi, and Oboro in Yuuna.

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Tomokazu Seki being the seiyuu of Panda. This is so gold

Inugaki seiyuu is Shigaraki seiyuu
This is so good for me.

Damn, that's a 2 million increase from the last circulation number we got in May. And all without the anime. Yup, this one's going to cross 10 million soon, will probably surpass Black Clover when the anime hits.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Crazy increase for Jujutsu.

RafGL

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Most likely including Volume 12 initial print, Jujutsu Kaisen surpasses: Fuma no Kojiro, Rising Impact, Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro, Moeru Onii-san!, Dr. STONE (again), Medaka Box, Shape Up Ran, ****** Kamen, Hareluya II BOY, and Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan.