Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 211 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Thundercat27

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Not getting excited and hoping for them to fail isn't the same thing though.
As if expect them to not fail would stop them from failing. We are all at the whim of Japanese buyers. I'd rather be wrong than be disappointed.

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
As if expect them to not fail would stop them from failing. We are all at the whim of Japanese buyers. I'd rather be wrong than be disappointed.
Expecting them to fail and hoping for them to fail are also 2 different things

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It will only do 2 more at most. The gentle arc isn't that short so they can get through I'd they rush it. From what I remember though is that A VS B arc is kinda long so they can only fo the gentle arc and pro Hero arc
I think they can fit the Culture Festival Arc, Provisional License Redo Arc, and the Endeavor Arc into this season

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guys, if you think someone is breaking the rules on this website, use the report button.

Don't openly post that you think someone is breaking the rules. That only leads to further thread derailment, and is actually breaking the rules itself, as it counts as backseat modding.

Make use of the report function. A report button is located at the bottom of every post. If there is an issue, click the button. An alert will be sent to the moderators. There is an identical report button at the bottom of every Private Message (see Members Guide for more step by step detail). Clicking this will send an alert to the administrators. Reports are only visible to staff members. Using the report button allows staff to handle troublemakers and avoid fueling any spiraling discussions between members.
Backseat modding will not be tolerated; please allow the staff to handle any troublemaking issues or questions in the forum, your only requirement is as stated above; to report the content and thus avoid being involved.
Please read the Forum Rules for further clarification.

Thores

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We should have the MH Poll Results for Issue #6/7 by now, right?

There were a lot of really interesting chapters and developments this week, so I'm curious to see what we collectively thought.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
We should have the MH Poll Results for Issue #6/7 by now, right?

There were a lot of really interesting chapters and developments this week, so I'm curious to see what we collectively thought.
We'll do it sometime tomorrow (Sunday).

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I thought that would be on monday lol

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I think they can fit the Culture Festival Arc, Provisional License Redo Arc, and the Endeavor Arc into this season
I'm still doubtful about that. Todoroki and Bakugou's supplementary lessons should take up 2 eps tops. We have 11 episodes for the second cour. So that's nine left. Gentle vs Deku took like 7-8 chapters for their fight alone. If they compressed it, it would take maybe 5-6 episodes with the other episodes going into preparations and the concert.

Ctkk

Reaction score
Country
Highgarden
I'm still doubtful about that. Todoroki and Bakugou's supplementary lessons should take up 2 eps tops. We have 11 episodes for the second cour. So that's nine left. Gentle vs Deku took like 7-8 chapters for their fight alone. If they compressed it, it would take maybe 5-6 episodes with the other episodes going into preparations and the concert.
7-8 chapters of a fight equals 2 episodes with the pace they've been going.

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
Forgot about the provisional license retake stuff. I don't think that counts as an arc in MHA standards though. That was like 3 chapters I swear? They can do that in an episode. Well, if they did the overhaul arc in 14 episodes then I guess they can do the gentle arc in way less but I don't see how they can fit that and the pro Hero arc with the episodes left

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
7-8 chapters of a fight equals 2 episodes with the pace they've been going.
I think ending the Gentle Fight in 2 episodes would be way too fast. The fight was interspersed with his background to build up towards the end result, so I'd rather they take care of his character to slowly build up towards the end. Plus, ending the seaoson with the concert just makes too much sense because it ends it on a high note (no pun intended). Then you can add 184-185 as the hooker for next season.

I think ending the season with the predecessors might be too much. And there's something about ending the season there that just feels too jarring

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
I think ending the Gentle Fight in 2 episodes would be way too fast. The fight was interspersed with his background to build up towards the end result, so I'd rather they take care of his character to slowly build up towards the end. Plus, ending the seaoson with the concert just makes too much sense because it ends it on a high note (no pun intended). Then you can add 184-185 as the hooker for next season.

I think ending the season with the predecessors might be too much. And there's something about ending the season there that just feels too jarring
I wouldn't mind if they sorta rushed through it a little bit though. The anime is so behind the manga. Let's just see villian Academia animated already 😍😍😍

NyanPower

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I wouldn't mind if they sorta rushed through it a little bit though. The anime is so behind the manga. Let's just see villian Academia animated already 😍😍😍
Is that arc so bad? Heard so many negative comments about it

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
Is that arc so bad? Heard so many negative comments about it
Which one? I had love hearts for the villian Academia arc. That arc is good. Imo it was the only good arc since the overhaul arc. Well the gentle arc was okay. Didn't like the pro Hero arc and the A vs B arc is abysmal.

In my honest opinion

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I think MHA's got 1 more ep for the current arc, an episode or two of filler, maybe 2 for remedials, 6 or 7 for the school festival, and I think they'll finish it there since it's a good way to wrap up the whole saga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But changing the topic away from one series' anime, what's the future schedule for WSJ adaptations looking like?

I know they had the whole thing of "at least one new jump anime every season" but I'm curious if they plan to keep that up long term. This year's already sorted at least since we've got

Haikyuu s4 (first cour) this season
Shokugeki s5 in Spring
Haikyuu s4 (second cour) in Summer
Neverland s2 in Autumn

and of course we've got Jujutsu announced, Kimetsu s2 basically guaranteed, Dr Stone s2 at some point as well, and I can see Act-age and Chainsawman being announced for 2021 to help fill that year up. And hopefully we'll have a couple new hits by then.

Last edited:

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think MHA's got 1 more ep for the current arc, an episode or two of filler, maybe 2 for remedials, 6 or 7 for the school festival, and I think they'll finish it there since it's a good way to wrap up the whole saga.

But changing the topic away from one series' anime, what's the future schedule for WSJ adaptations looking like?

I know they had the whole thing of "one jump anime every season" but I'm curious if they plan to keep that up long term.
I'd say we're probably getting act-age right after JJK. They're probably also counting kimetsu's movie in there.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States

I know they had the whole thing of "at least one new jump anime every season" but I'm curious if they plan to keep that up long term. This year's already sorted at least since we've got

Haikyuu s4 (first cour) this season
Shokugeki s5 in Spring
Haikyuu s4 (second cour) in Summer
Neverland s2 in Autumn

and of course we've got Jujutsu announced, Kimetsu s2 basically guaranteed, Dr Stone s2 at some point as well, and I can see Act-age and Chainsawman being announced for 2021 to help fill that year up. And hopefully we'll have a couple new hits by then.
My guess is
Dr.Stone Season 2 in the Summer
Jujutsu Kaisen In Fall
My Hero Academia Season 5 in Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.