Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Shinuki no Reborn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS TOC POLL ISSUE #13 - BOTH WAYS OF VOTING

The traditional poll for issue #13 is open to vote HERE

And now we have a second poll where the users can rank their 3 favorite chapters of the week from 1st to 3rd place and the way you rank the chapters will add more points/votes to the traditional poll, all the rules are well explained in the thread clicking HERE

Last edited:

revo68

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
One Piece (Cover & LCP)
Koisuru One Piece (9p) by Ihara Daiki
Kimetsu no Yaiba
The Promised Neverland
Haikyuu!!
Dr. STONE
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man (CP)
Undead Unluck
Black Clover
Mitama Security (CP/2 Chapters)
The Witch's Guardian
Jujutsu Kaisen
MASHLE
Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen (CP)
AGRAVITY BOYS
act-age
Samurai 8 Hachimaruden
Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings
ZIPMAN!!

Cover & LCP: Dr. STONE
CP: Chainsaw Man; The Promised Neverland
Absent: Haikyuu!!

Dr. Stone Popularity Poll Commences

Last edited:

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think MHA's got 1 more ep for the current arc, an episode or two of filler, maybe 2 for remedials, 6 or 7 for the school festival, and I think they'll finish it there since it's a good way to wrap up the whole saga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But changing the topic away from one series' anime, what's the future schedule for WSJ adaptations looking like?

I know they had the whole thing of "at least one new jump anime every season" but I'm curious if they plan to keep that up long term. This year's already sorted at least since we've got

Haikyuu s4 (first cour) this season
Shokugeki s5 in Spring
Haikyuu s4 (second cour) in Summer
Neverland s2 in Autumn

and of course we've got Jujutsu announced, Kimetsu s2 basically guaranteed, Dr Stone s2 at some point as well, and I can see Act-age and Chainsawman being announced for 2021 to help fill that year up. And hopefully we'll have a couple new hits by then.

Last edited:

yadayada

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think MHA's got 1 more ep for the current arc, an episode or two of filler, maybe 2 for remedials, 6 or 7 for the school festival, and I think they'll finish it there since it's a good way to wrap up the whole saga.

But changing the topic away from one series' anime, what's the future schedule for WSJ adaptations looking like?

I know they had the whole thing of "one jump anime every season" but I'm curious if they plan to keep that up long term.
I'd say we're probably getting act-age right after JJK. They're probably also counting kimetsu's movie in there.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States

I know they had the whole thing of "at least one new jump anime every season" but I'm curious if they plan to keep that up long term. This year's already sorted at least since we've got

Haikyuu s4 (first cour) this season
Shokugeki s5 in Spring
Haikyuu s4 (second cour) in Summer
Neverland s2 in Autumn

and of course we've got Jujutsu announced, Kimetsu s2 basically guaranteed, Dr Stone s2 at some point as well, and I can see Act-age and Chainsawman being announced for 2021 to help fill that year up. And hopefully we'll have a couple new hits by then.
My guess is
Dr.Stone Season 2 in the Summer
Jujutsu Kaisen In Fall
My Hero Academia Season 5 in Fall

Ice King

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think ending the Gentle Fight in 2 episodes would be way too fast.
If they continue to adapt three chapters per episode you will see that they will do it.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Personally I just wish the chapters in mangaplus had better quality (translation is usually also mediocre). Like, if they want to cater to people on mobile put out 2 different versions or something? Idk...I mean, I still read them there to support the official release, but it is kind of below the level you'd expect it to be at.

Also I'm still waiting for the subscription service to come to europe but it doesn't even look like it's happening at all, shame.

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also I'm still waiting for the subscription service to come to europe but it doesn't even look like it's happening at all, shame.
Viz's subscription model will never come to the majority of europe, because most european countries have their own manga publishers.
Here in germany there are like 3 different publishers who have the rights to some WSJ manga and are translating them. They won't allow a foreign publisher to enter this market with foreign translations.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Viz's subscription model will never come to the majority of europe, because most european countries have their own manga publishers.
Here in germany there are like 3 different publishers who have the rights to some WSJ manga and are translating them. They won't allow a foreign publisher to enter this market with foreign translations.
Yeah I know, but sadly none of our publishers are doing something like this or even planning to :/

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Why? Doesn't M+ release on Sundays?
weird schedule due to new year, last week and this week chapters was/will release on Monday. Next week it will be 5 hours before than normal Sunday release

Buranchi

チェンソーマン
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
weird schedule due to new year, last week and this week chapters was/will release on Monday. Next week it will be 5 hours before than normal Sunday release
Oh, well it doesn't really matter if it's one day early. We're kinda reaching the max amount of voters currently anyway. One day isn't going to meaningfully change the outcome of the poll.

Anyway, once Shinuki responds to my PM, it'll be posted.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
My guess is that they want to know what readership for Mitama is like in Japan, but we don't really have that type of concrete information. Should start getting a better idea with volume 1 dropping next month though.

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
When are Mitama and Yozakura's first volumes coming out exactly?

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know how to put the image in, but there was an Image I saw of what I think are the Jump Plus numbers for the series in WSJ. I remember seeing Mitama at about 200,000 or so, and I want to see how much the numbers have increased since then.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
When are Mitama and Yozakura's first volumes coming out exactly?
Mitama Volume 1 & Yozakura Volume 1 will be released on February 4th.
Mitama Volume 2 will be released on March 4th. Yozakura's Jump site only has the date for Volume 1, but not Volume 2.

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Mitama Volume 1 & Yozakura Volume 1 will be released on February 4th.
Mitama Volume 2 will be released on March 4th. Yozakura's Jump site only has the date for Volume 1, but not Volume 2.

Yozakura volume 2 was pushed back to April.

Ctkk

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Highgarden
Maybe if manga+ starts doing more languages. If I'm not mistaken the Spanish version is done by whoever has the rights of the series, and it's not the same publisher for all of them.