Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Shinuki no Reborn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS TOC POLL ISSUE #17 - BOTH WAYS OF VOTING

The traditional poll for issue #17 is open to vote HERE

And now we have a second poll where the users can rank their 3 favorite chapters of the week from 1st to 3rd place and the way you rank the chapters will add more points/votes to the traditional poll, all the rules are well explained in the thread clicking HERE

Last edited:

Nav

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #18:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Cover & LCP)
Dr. STONE
My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland
Chainsaw Man
Haikyu!!
We Never Learn
MASHLE
ACT-AGE (CP)
Undead Unluck
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mitama Security: Spirit Busters (CP)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
Black Clover
Agravity Boys
Guardian of the Witch
Ginnan Girls (One-Shot)
Mission: Yozakura Family
ZIPMAN!!
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #19:
Cover & LCP: One Piece
CP: Jujutsu Kaisen, My Hero Academia, One-Shot by Tsujita Taisei

Last edited:

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
TPN 18 is behind the previous volume by 32,000 copies, a pretty big drop. Meanwhile, MHA 26 is behind the previous volume by almost 11,000 copies, a considerate drop but way less when compared to TPN. HQ 42 also saw a big drop, being over 28,000 copies behind the previous volume. JJK and CSM are already out of the chart due to KNY's backlog, which is a bummer.

lazybones1717

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
TPN 18 is behind the previous volume by 32,000 copies, a pretty big drop. Meanwhile, MHA 26 is behind the previous volume by almost 11,000 copies, a considerate drop but way less when compared to TPN. HQ 42 also saw a big drop, being over 28,000 copies behind the previous volume. JJK and CSM are already out of the chart due to KNY's backlog, which is a bummer.
I think that this has already been discussed before, but can these drops be explained by a mix of stagnating sales and more people switching over to digital copies over COVID-19 concerns? Oricon doesn't track digital though, so there's no way to tell for sure.

Aiga

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
I think that this has already been discussed before, but can these drops be explained by a mix of stagnating sales and more people switching over to digital copies over COVID-19 concerns? Oricon doesn't track digital though, so there's no way to tell for sure.
Until this week, Japan was dealing with Coronavirus as if it didn't exist due low numbers and the government not doing anything so it effect on sales as of last week should be minimal.

MysticCatto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
So what are your opinions on Hoshin Engi, and Nura? I really like them (and they were my first 2 jump manga's), but did you guys like them?
I've never read those yet, but I've heard only good things about Hoshin Engi

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful color page for Mitama with all of our beloved characters (with the exception of Kojime lol). The sales may not be good, but I hope it'll stick around for awhile regardless. The series is just so wholesome that I can't help but love every chapter. Between all of the older series winding down, Samurai 8 just ending with no replacement yet, Zipman looking grim, and Guardian already looking uncertain, I think it'll hopefully be able to have a longer life than the average person may be expecting.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
So what are your opinions on Hoshin Engi, and Nura? I really like them (and they were my first 2 jump manga's), but did you guys like them?
I love Hoshin Engi, one of my favorite manga ever since it was probably the first manga ever I read completely so it brings very fond memories of a time in which I didn´t have internet and had to download manga in my dad´s house and burn them into a CD and read them at home. Also I LOVE FujiRyu´s art style, it is simply fantastic.

Haven´t read Nura so Idk.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Jesus, this weekly chapters of Kimetsu, Hero Academia and Chainsawman.

Not saying anything until the Sunday, but special attention to these 3 manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dunno if this has been posted here:

Rain Spectre

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So, for a bit of fun, with the volumes dropping in about a week, here's a bunch of questions to ponder:
  • How well will Undead and Agravity sell?
  • Will One Piece yet again drop? If so, how much?
  • Will Black Clover drop or stabilize?
  • Will Yozakura grow, drop or stay the same?
  • How badly will Zipman bomb?

Ice King

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I rather wonder if Covid will affect sales, now that Japan is taking serious initiatives there will be fewer people around to buy volumes.

yadayada

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I rather wonder if Covid will affect sales, now that Japan is taking serious initiatives there will be fewer people around to buy volumes.
You keep saying this and I still don't see it, just last week Kingdom's sales didn't drop at all (470k in 4 days for volume 57 vs 480k in 6 days for volume 56, if anything it grew) and animal crossing had a record launch for the switch and the series overall.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Hero Academia manages to barely beat Neverland.

I have a hunch that if issue 20 cover isn't a new serialization round, the cover is going to be for My Hero Academia for "5th anime season celebration", or Chainsawman because popularity poll results.

I really wonder when will Jujutsu get its next cover.