Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Shinuki no Reborn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #25 - BOTH WAYS OF VOTE

The poll for issue #25 is now open HERE!

Like last week, from now both ways of voting will be made in the same thread, so you can vote in the same place for your favorite 5 chapters in the traditional poll and rank your favorite 5 chapters in the comments adding extra points!

The extra chapters this week are Dragon Ball Super 60, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 46 and the one shot "Yugen's All-Ghouls Homeroom" by Tsukuda Yuto and Saeki Shun.

Good votes!

Last edited:

Heiji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Tocs & Preview :

#26 :
The Promised Neverland (Cover, Lead Color)
Dr Stone
My Hero Academia
Shinrin Ousha Mori King
Chainsaw Man (Color)
Bone Collection
Haikyu
Act-age (Color)
Time Paradox Ghostwriter
Black Clover
We Never Learn
Mitama Security
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mashle
Undead Unluck
Mission: Yozakura Family
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Guardian of the Witch
Agravity Boys

#27 :
One Piece (Cover, Lead Color)
Haikyu (Color)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (Climax, Color & Big News)
Senran Freaks / Kentarou Hidano (Ziga) x Shun Yabe (Oneshot, Color, 49p)

Last edited:

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Monthly Ranking - April

#1 One Piece 96
#26 Dragon Ball Super 12
#27 Black Clover 24
#29 Dr. Stone 15
#39 We Never Learn 16
#65 Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings 21
#338 Undead Unluck 1
#340 Mission: Yozakura Family 2
#434 Agravity Boys 1

30位164350/50位66800/100位35450/200位22300/300位16600/400位13000/500位10500

Last edited:

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
Food Wars just reached s5 this season, though it got delayed after 2 eps. Though I suppose s4 and s5 are really a single split-cour rather than being completely separate like MHA s5 is.
Yeah, I think Soma's normal season was just split into two. But it technically does count as a new season, officially.

Shokugeki & JJBA come to mind immediately for WSJ titles reaching 5 seasons. Stone Ocean, when?

Add Jigokuraku to your list, unless you're caught up with that. I'm also slowly getting caught up with a bunch of manga titles as well.
Jojo was 4 seasons, no? I might be wrong.

Yesss, Jigokuraku is something I wanted to check out as well. Jeez, that's a lot to catch up on.
MHA is what I finished first.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jojo has 5 series so far, remember they took a break in the middle of part 3.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I'm seeing rumors (prob fake) of Stone Ocean adaptation floating around already lol. That said, I think this year we'll see it.
Yeah, I think Soma's normal season was just split into two. But it technically does count as a new season, officially.

Jojo was 4 seasons, no? I might be wrong.

Yesss, Jigokuraku is something I wanted to check out as well. Jeez, that's a lot to catch up on.
MHA is what I finished first.
5 seasons. Part 3 was split into 2 seasons.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's hard to imagine them not doing Stone Ocean, the other series all did well and while I don't think it's the favourite part in Japan, Jojo's also massively popular overseas now which we know is enough to get more anime produced.

I guess that would make Jojo technically one of the few WSJ manga with complete anime adaptations too, since part 7 (and 8) is considered a separate manga in Japan that was connected to JJBA later on (and only had a short run in WSJ anyway).

speaking of complete series, I suppose Gintama's going to join the ranks too next year once the final movie eventually comes out. I don't think it's actually confirmed to be adapting the rest of the series yet, but there's only 17 chapters left so it would make sense (though some chapters are longer so it's really more like 20 or so chapters).

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
It's hard to imagine them not doing Stone Ocean, the other series all did well and while I don't think it's the favourite part in Japan, Jojo's also massively popular overseas now which we know is enough to get more anime produced.

I guess that would make Jojo technically one of the few WSJ manga with complete anime adaptations too, since part 7 (and 8) is considered a separate manga in Japan that was connected to JJBA later on (and only had a short run in WSJ anyway).

speaking of complete series, I suppose Gintama's going to join the ranks too next year once the final movie eventually comes out. I don't think it's actually confirmed to be adapting the rest of the series yet, but there's only 17 chapters left so it would make sense (though some chapters are longer so it's really more like 20 or so chapters).
SBR/Jojolion are only considered separate manga on Oricon's rankings (on the cover they are titled as part 7/8) but yeah technically it'd one of the few completed WSJ adaptations after part 6.

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm seeing rumors (prob fake) of Stone Ocean adaptation floating around already lol. That said, I think this year we'll see it.
My bets is on an announcement on September/October of this year.
Also......that's not Sagiri I see anymore...

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Some depressing news, which I think someone mentioned it before but I guess its now official. Its still wild to me that Togashi recommended KnY at volume 4 and it later became the biggest hit in Oricon's history and is smashing so many records. He "missed" out to comment on Kimetsu's explosion in popularity lol

My bets is on an announcement on September/October of this year.
Also......that's not Sagiri I see anymore...
It'll be announced with next event/exhibition most likely, just like how Golden Wind was announced, so Sept/Oct of this year sounds reasonable. I can't see them announcing it in 2021, that wait will be unbearable...

Its Orient by Shinobu Ohtaka. She is also known for the masterpiece that is Magi, my fav battle shonen. Check out both if you havent already, especially Magi.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Some depressing news, which I think someone mentioned it before but I guess its now official. Its still wild to me that Togashi recommended KnY at volume 4 and it later became the biggest hit in Oricon's history and is smashing so many records. He "missed" out to comment on Kimetsu's explosion in popularity lol

It'll be announced with next event/exhibition most likely, just like how Golden Wind was announced, so Sept/Oct of this year sounds reasonable. I can't see them announcing it in 2021, that wait will be unbearable...

Its Orient by Shinobu Ohtaka. She is also known for the masterpiece that is Magi, my fav battle shonen. Check out both if you havent already, especially Magi.
Not to be that guy, but it's technically at 71 issues of hiatus since we know it's not in either one of issue 25 or 26 :P. Only 9 more to go, Togashi!

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
If Gotouge drops a recc, do you guys think it would be the same or better than the time Oda recommended Your Lie In April which caused a sold out for the manga (think all the volumes were there for that 1-2 weeks on Oricon)?

if even 1% of people buy the recommended manga, that's still a 30,000 increase across every volume

Aiga

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
If Gotouge drops a recc, do you guys think it would be the same or better than the time Oda recommended Your Lie In April which caused a sold out for the manga (think all the volumes were there for that 1-2 weeks on Oricon)?

if even 1% of people buy the recommended manga, that's still a 30,000 increase across every volume
It depends where the recommendation is, Your lie in April had a spike because the recommendation was on TV so a lot of people were watching that

RafGL

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Monthly Ranking - April

#1 One Piece 96
#26 Dragon Ball Super 12
#27 Black Clover 24
#29 Dr. Stone 15
#39 We Never Learn 16
#65 Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings 21
#338 Undead Unluck 1
#340 Mission: Yozakura Family 2
#434 Agravity Boys 1

30位164350/50位66800/100位35450/200位22300/300位16600/400位13000/500位10500
Calculating estimations for the newbies:

Undead Unluck 1 - 15232
Yozakura 2 - 15160
Agravity Boys 1 - 12150

For those interested in Yozakura's progression with Vol. 1 from Monthly Shoseki:

· Yozakura 1 - 14253
· Yozakura 2 - 15160

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I guess 15k is better than 10k or 5k but I am still a bit disappointed, I hoped they'd make something between 20k-30k in a month.

Thehoennhippo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's... technically growth for Yozakura? Really hoping we see a much more definite spike with volume 3 in 2 weeks.

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know...I wonder if that cartoony pigeon head of his is available to buy anywhere..

Azure Warrior

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm happy for Yozakura, but major oof for Agravity Boys.

And this is coming from someone that want both to stay.

Gilroygladbouy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Really hope that Agravity can get up in sales next volume. I really think it’s a great series that should stay. Also I’m surprised Undead Unluck didn’t do as well as I thought it would. It might not be so safe after all.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
has anyone considered the possibility of Yozakura, Agravity and Undead unluck being transferred?

Azure Warrior

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
has anyone considered the possibility of Yozakura, Agravity and Undead unluck being transferred?

It depends.

I doubt V Jump, but maybe Jump Square should be a fine block for either one.