Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 912 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Zetsyn

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Jujutsu and Chainsawman are my favorites. Mashle has a cover that works well for it and Yozakura has a great cover. I know it's only been two volumes revealed so far, but UU's kinda reminds me of Medaka's covers in a way with the background.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
next week oneshot Freaks, is by Yabe Shun (who wrote Guardian oneshot on GIGA last year) and Kentarou Hidano (ZIGA and Panda of the End artist)
Oddly enough, I think the Ziga artist would have better success if he combined his two works into a new series. Just that imagine alone of those two is enough to get me interested what the manga would be about.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Tocs & Preview :

#26 :
The Promised Neverland (Cover, Lead Color)
Dr Stone
My Hero Academia
Shinrin Ousha Mori King
Chainsaw Man (Color)
Bone Collection
Haikyu
Act-age (Color)
Time Paradox Ghostwriter
Black Clover
We Never Learn
Mitama Security
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mashle
Undead Unluck
Mission: Yozakura Family
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Guardian of the Witch
Agravity Boys

#27 :
One Piece (Cover, Lead Color)
Haikyu (Color)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (Climax, Color & Big News)
Senran Freaks / Kentarou Hidano (Ziga) x Shun Yabe (Oneshot, Color, 49p)

Last edited:

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oddly enough, I think the Ziga artist would have better success if he combined his two works into a new series. Just that imagine alone of those two is enough to get me interested what the manga would be about.
a talking panda that joins a shady organization and fights monsters?

sounds like a JJK spinoff lol

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Undead, Yozakura and Agravity especially much lower than I’d like. Mashle is weird, but I’m guessing just a fluke. Also damn they’re really giving none of the noobs a CP to promote their volumes next week? Wack.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Heiji, I stickied your post, but can you type out the ToC in that post also? I'm heading to bed, thanks.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What is with Yozakura's covers and looking like repurposed stock art? It was the same deal with Vol 1 as well, and 2's kinda also.

Anyway, Jujutsu and Chainsaw covers look great.

Tocs & Preview :
So, this is the second or third time Agravity was at the bottom. For a series which does actually show some sales promise, Nakano seems to genuinely hate it.

Undead, Yozakura and Agravity especially much lower than I’d like. Mashle is weird, but I’m guessing just a fluke. Also damn they’re really giving none of the noobs a CP to promote their volumes next week? Wack.
Undead got a CP just two issues ago, so it's fine.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Miura actually puts those three on a cover LMAO

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tocs & Preview :
So Mashle was really low, another victim, seems like Nakano and the editors can't just keep a new series high for much time, they always go down at some moment at least isn't in the bottom and ofc Yozakura wouldn't keep that high ranking -_-

Btw, this one shot preview looks really interesting, art looks clean, and there's any hint of a ending in the Yuuna preview?

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So Mashle was really low, another victim, seems like Nakano and the editors can't just keep a new series high for much time, they always go down at some moment at least isn't in the bottom and ofc Yozakura wouldn't keep that high ranking -_-

Btw, this one shot preview looks really interesting, art looks clean, and there's any hint of a ending in the Yuuna preview?
It pretty much says climax

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

"An important announcement & an extra large color page for the great climax!!"
"At last, the climax!!"

Bodoro

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sucks Agravity is last, like volume 1 sales were pretty good, so I wonder why its so low. It's like they are only promoting it with the twitter account, and not pushing it at all on the TOC.

Hopefully sales are still good for Agravity next volume with these low TOC rankings.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tocs & Preview :
Mitama hype. Mashle pretty low, but still not in the bottom 5. Yozakura and Undead both above the Yuuna axing line as well. Agravity dead last yet again, it'll be pretty wild if this ends up surviving for a while at this point.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Neverland has already 3 climax so it doesn't really mean that much but yeah, i can see it ending but the "important announcement" give me some high hopes of a sequel, spinoff or moving to another magazine like To Love-ru.

Btw, if Yuuna is really ending, SJ is going to be really empty with so many veterans ending

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
My profile pic finally comes in handy..
Neverland has already 3 climax so it doesn't really mean that much but yeah, i can see it ending but the "important announcement" give me some high hopes of a sequel, spinoff or moving to another magazine like To Love-ru.

Btw, if Yuuna is really ending, SJ is going to be really empty with so many veterans ending
Honestly I don't think that Yuuna is ending just yet. I think the important announcement has to do with the special project thing they did a short while ago.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Honestly I don't think that Yuuna is ending just yet. I think the important announcement has to do with the special project thing they did a short while ago.
Why? We have the literal use of "climax" used to refer to series approaching their end, along with an arc very much dedicated to resolving the story, both answering the series major question and giving conclusions to all the girls stories. At this point this seems about as silly as the people denying Kimetsu was ending when it was.

Blink22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.