Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 212 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think ending the Gentle Fight in 2 episodes would be way too fast.
If they continue to adapt three chapters per episode you will see that they will do it.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Personally I just wish the chapters in mangaplus had better quality (translation is usually also mediocre). Like, if they want to cater to people on mobile put out 2 different versions or something? Idk...I mean, I still read them there to support the official release, but it is kind of below the level you'd expect it to be at.

Also I'm still waiting for the subscription service to come to europe but it doesn't even look like it's happening at all, shame.

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also I'm still waiting for the subscription service to come to europe but it doesn't even look like it's happening at all, shame.
Viz's subscription model will never come to the majority of europe, because most european countries have their own manga publishers.
Here in germany there are like 3 different publishers who have the rights to some WSJ manga and are translating them. They won't allow a foreign publisher to enter this market with foreign translations.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Viz's subscription model will never come to the majority of europe, because most european countries have their own manga publishers.
Here in germany there are like 3 different publishers who have the rights to some WSJ manga and are translating them. They won't allow a foreign publisher to enter this market with foreign translations.
Yeah I know, but sadly none of our publishers are doing something like this or even planning to :/

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Why? Doesn't M+ release on Sundays?
weird schedule due to new year, last week and this week chapters was/will release on Monday. Next week it will be 5 hours before than normal Sunday release

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
weird schedule due to new year, last week and this week chapters was/will release on Monday. Next week it will be 5 hours before than normal Sunday release
Oh, well it doesn't really matter if it's one day early. We're kinda reaching the max amount of voters currently anyway. One day isn't going to meaningfully change the outcome of the poll.

Anyway, once Shinuki responds to my PM, it'll be posted.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
My guess is that they want to know what readership for Mitama is like in Japan, but we don't really have that type of concrete information. Should start getting a better idea with volume 1 dropping next month though.

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
When are Mitama and Yozakura's first volumes coming out exactly?

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know how to put the image in, but there was an Image I saw of what I think are the Jump Plus numbers for the series in WSJ. I remember seeing Mitama at about 200,000 or so, and I want to see how much the numbers have increased since then.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
When are Mitama and Yozakura's first volumes coming out exactly?
Mitama Volume 1 & Yozakura Volume 1 will be released on February 4th.
Mitama Volume 2 will be released on March 4th. Yozakura's Jump site only has the date for Volume 1, but not Volume 2.

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Mitama Volume 2 will be released on March 4th. Yozakura's Jump site only has the date for Volume 1, but not Volume 2.

Yozakura volume 2 was pushed back to April.

Ctkk

Reaction score
Country
Highgarden
Maybe if manga+ starts doing more languages. If I'm not mistaken the Spanish version is done by whoever has the rights of the series, and it's not the same publisher for all of them.

Nav

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Yozakura Volume 2 is postponed to April

source: Reprint List from December

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yo two things, on regard to the MHA thing, there are 12 episodes left since it's a 25 episode season and 13 episodes have passed with one being filler.

and second, What's the range do you think Mitama and Yozakura are gonna sell at?

supercow297

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yo two things, on regard to the MHA thing, there are 12 episodes left since it's a 25 episode season and 13 episodes have passed with one being filler.

and second, What's the range do you think Mitama and Yozakura are gonna sell at?
Mitama 20k
Yozakura 5k

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Speaking as someone who has been tracking the Amazon rankings for weeks now...it's not looking especially great for either of them. While the numbers have jumped around a lot, not once has either of them had a higher ranking than 20K. Obviously, I could be proven wrong here, but the stats are worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.