Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 888 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It's hard to imagine them not doing Stone Ocean, the other series all did well and while I don't think it's the favourite part in Japan, Jojo's also massively popular overseas now which we know is enough to get more anime produced.

I guess that would make Jojo technically one of the few WSJ manga with complete anime adaptations too, since part 7 (and 8) is considered a separate manga in Japan that was connected to JJBA later on (and only had a short run in WSJ anyway).

speaking of complete series, I suppose Gintama's going to join the ranks too next year once the final movie eventually comes out. I don't think it's actually confirmed to be adapting the rest of the series yet, but there's only 17 chapters left so it would make sense (though some chapters are longer so it's really more like 20 or so chapters).
SBR/Jojolion are only considered separate manga on Oricon's rankings (on the cover they are titled as part 7/8) but yeah technically it'd one of the few completed WSJ adaptations after part 6.

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm seeing rumors (prob fake) of Stone Ocean adaptation floating around already lol. That said, I think this year we'll see it.
My bets is on an announcement on September/October of this year.
Also......that's not Sagiri I see anymore...

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Some depressing news, which I think someone mentioned it before but I guess its now official. Its still wild to me that Togashi recommended KnY at volume 4 and it later became the biggest hit in Oricon's history and is smashing so many records. He "missed" out to comment on Kimetsu's explosion in popularity lol

My bets is on an announcement on September/October of this year.
Also......that's not Sagiri I see anymore...
It'll be announced with next event/exhibition most likely, just like how Golden Wind was announced, so Sept/Oct of this year sounds reasonable. I can't see them announcing it in 2021, that wait will be unbearable...

Its Orient by Shinobu Ohtaka. She is also known for the masterpiece that is Magi, my fav battle shonen. Check out both if you havent already, especially Magi.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Some depressing news, which I think someone mentioned it before but I guess its now official. Its still wild to me that Togashi recommended KnY at volume 4 and it later became the biggest hit in Oricon's history and is smashing so many records. He "missed" out to comment on Kimetsu's explosion in popularity lol

It'll be announced with next event/exhibition most likely, just like how Golden Wind was announced, so Sept/Oct of this year sounds reasonable. I can't see them announcing it in 2021, that wait will be unbearable...

Its Orient by Shinobu Ohtaka. She is also known for the masterpiece that is Magi, my fav battle shonen. Check out both if you havent already, especially Magi.
Not to be that guy, but it's technically at 71 issues of hiatus since we know it's not in either one of issue 25 or 26 :P. Only 9 more to go, Togashi!

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
If Gotouge drops a recc, do you guys think it would be the same or better than the time Oda recommended Your Lie In April which caused a sold out for the manga (think all the volumes were there for that 1-2 weeks on Oricon)?

if even 1% of people buy the recommended manga, that's still a 30,000 increase across every volume

Aiga

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
If Gotouge drops a recc, do you guys think it would be the same or better than the time Oda recommended Your Lie In April which caused a sold out for the manga (think all the volumes were there for that 1-2 weeks on Oricon)?

if even 1% of people buy the recommended manga, that's still a 30,000 increase across every volume
It depends where the recommendation is, Your lie in April had a spike because the recommendation was on TV so a lot of people were watching that

RafGL

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Monthly Ranking - April

#1 One Piece 96
#26 Dragon Ball Super 12
#27 Black Clover 24
#29 Dr. Stone 15
#39 We Never Learn 16
#65 Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings 21
#338 Undead Unluck 1
#340 Mission: Yozakura Family 2
#434 Agravity Boys 1

30位164350/50位66800/100位35450/200位22300/300位16600/400位13000/500位10500
Calculating estimations for the newbies:

Undead Unluck 1 - 15232
Yozakura 2 - 15160
Agravity Boys 1 - 12150

For those interested in Yozakura's progression with Vol. 1 from Monthly Shoseki:

· Yozakura 1 - 14253
· Yozakura 2 - 15160

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I guess 15k is better than 10k or 5k but I am still a bit disappointed, I hoped they'd make something between 20k-30k in a month.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's... technically growth for Yozakura? Really hoping we see a much more definite spike with volume 3 in 2 weeks.

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know...I wonder if that cartoony pigeon head of his is available to buy anywhere..

Azure Warrior

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm happy for Yozakura, but major oof for Agravity Boys.

And this is coming from someone that want both to stay.

Gilroygladbouy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Really hope that Agravity can get up in sales next volume. I really think it’s a great series that should stay. Also I’m surprised Undead Unluck didn’t do as well as I thought it would. It might not be so safe after all.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
has anyone considered the possibility of Yozakura, Agravity and Undead unluck being transferred?

Azure Warrior

Reaction score
Country
United States
has anyone considered the possibility of Yozakura, Agravity and Undead unluck being transferred?

It depends.

I doubt V Jump, but maybe Jump Square should be a fine block for either one.

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are there any serialized manga in Jump Giga that are currently running? There has been instances in the past where series like Bastard!! and Mind Assassin got transfered over to the seasonal specials. Maybe that can happen again.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm happy for Yozakura, but major oof for Agravity Boys.

And this is coming from someone that want both to stay.
Not sure how AB (a gag too) doing only a tick below Yozakura/UU and 12k is a major oof.

Calculating estimations for the newbies:

Undead Unluck 1 - 15232
Yozakura 2 - 15160
Agravity Boys 1 - 12150

For those interested in Yozakura's progression with Vol. 1 from Monthly Shoseki:

· Yozakura 1 - 14253
· Yozakura 2 - 15160
All 3 newbs did nicely! Yozakura rising, UU and AB passing over 10k, which is a rare thing for a Jump newb Vol 1. Not bad, not bad.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
It depends.

I doubt V Jump, but maybe Jump Square should be a fine block for either one.
If the manga is to be transferred (which is an extremely low chance) it would probably be shonen jump plus

Azure Warrior

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah Jump Plus is a better idea for a transfer. That is true.

I'd imagine Jump Square is too packed atm and would rather have more serious works.

Status
Not open for further replies.