Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 1209 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If the manga is canceled, it is because it doesn't reach an audience. That's always a possibility with a manga, any author or artist should be ready for that.

Maybe you think the reason why it doesn't reach an audience isn't fair (although I think there are many valid reasons why you can dislike Ghostwriter), but you should accept that people won't like some things.
The discussion is not about that, and even if it were, it is not the first and the last injustice that happens in the jump.
It's like I said more than a thousand times, I can disagree with what I want, we don't live in a dictatorship.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, Ghostwriter is at the bottom of the TOC (under Bone Collection this week). So, its reception doesn't seem good.

We will know about sales within two or three days.
Act age and Yozakura Family were also on the button and are still alive today.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The discussion is not about that, and even if it were, it is not the first and the last injustice that happens in the jump.
It's like I said more than a thousand times, I can disagree with what I want, we don't live in a dictatorship.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Injustice!?

What are you even talking about? If Japan disliked TPGW, that's their decision, nothing else.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
hopefully the kubo is luckier with burn the witch than the kishimoto with samurai 8.

Konja9

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
True. Although Act-age climb positions over time.

However, most series at the bottom don't have good sales. And the position of Ghostwriter in TOC is pretty bad (this usually hint that the magazine doesn't good expectatives).

TheEnhancedExe

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It matters how fast a series reaches the bottom. Yozakura was last place the first time after 11 issues of being ranked, but it bounced back up afterwards. TPGW fell to last place after just 4 issues of being ranked. Even Bone Collection took 5 issues to get ranked last the first time. Unless I missed a ToC, Act-Age didn't even once get ranked in last place early into its serialization.

The faster a series hits rock bottom, the more likely it is to get cancelled early. I can't think of any manga that reached last place within the first 5 issues of being ranked and ended up surviving in the end. Usually, those kind of series don't survive for long because Shueisha decides cancellation very early if a series doesn't do well in polls.

Ravellino

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It matters how fast a series reaches the bottom. Yozakura was last place the first time after 11 issues of being ranked, but it bounced back up afterwards. TPGW fell to last place after just 4 issues of being ranked. Even Bone Collection took 5 issues to get ranked last the first time. Unless I missed a ToC, Act-Age didn't even once get ranked in last place early into its serialization.

The faster a series hits rock bottom, the more likely it is to get cancelled early. I can't think of any manga that reached last place within the first 5 issues of being ranked and ended up surviving in the end. Usually, those kind of series don't survive for long because Shueisha decides cancellation very early if a series doesn't do well in polls.
I think is the 2 time TPGW is ranked

TheEnhancedExe

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think is the 2 time TPGW is ranked
Usually, the first rank is in the issue when chapter 8 releases. For example, Ayakashi Triangle will get its first rank next issue when chapter 8 releases. This week we got chapter 11 of TPGW, so it's the 4th time it got ranked.

Zetsyn

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I thought that with all the big series that have ended and all the new series that already debuted in 2020, even the current weakest series would have had more time to breathe and would have survived until at least fall (or until at least the latest batch is getting ranked).

Are we on par with the average number of mangas that have debuted from December to August, compared to the previous years?
I'm not COMPLETELY sure from December to August, but from 2016 - 2019, there were more or less 10 series per year (2019 had 11, iirc). This year, even not including Burn the Witch, there have been 12 series that have debuted. So, I would say it is if not more.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #35 - BOTH WAYS OF VOTING!

The poll for issue #35 is now open HERE!

The extra series this week are:

-Spy x Family 30
-Jigokuraku 106
-Ghost Reaper Girl 2

For now i will wait for the Manga Plus release of Kaiju No.8 to include in the polls since it will be updated with Japan

Good Votes!

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
pretty good issue this week

Nirai Kanai: this was the best chapter of this manga by far, balanced between action and comedy and well paced with some good world building, let's continue like this Tamura
Magu-chan: another strong chapter, although a super predictable plot, I knew Ruru will miss the fire work and Magu will help her seeing them from the first page, but I guess the whole point of this chapter was introducing Rin
what's up with the R names? Ruru, Ren, Rin?
Mashle: there wasn't even any jokes this chapter, this was a straight up characters' background and continuing last weeks action
Roboco: less references this week from the ridiculousness of the last chapter, ok chapter, pretty Doraemon-ish

about the possible new axing and serialization, I'll be pretty disappointed if we only get 2 new manga, especially if one of them is just a miniseries

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So, since a serialisation round be-a coming, anyone wanna nominate who they think is/want to appear? (Besides Kubo, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.