Pleased, but sticky
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Global Moderator Notice:

As you lot have no doubt realized, this forum is currently in need of a new mod
I can not say when a new mod will be chosen, as this process takes some time and deliberation

Until then, however, I (and other mods?) will be happy to help

Anything you wish stickied: please tag me in this (or another) thread (with a link directly to the post in question), or PM me (again, with a link)
I can't stress enough how much this will help - saving time for everyone/getting what you need done quickly
I am pretty busy at the moment and this thread is not one that I normally hang out in - so am likely to miss TOC releases [for example]

I trust that you can all behave nicely until we have decided on a new mod, you lot don't need constant parenting do you?!?

Please report all posts that offend, PM/tag me (or another global if I'm offline/unresponsive) with anything you need done (posts stickied/polls created/whatever) and try to survive the [hopefully brief] period of freedom
❤ ~ zimbardo

Last edited:

Minsel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You're underestimating the series, the physical version of vol 1 is currently above vol 2 of The Elusive Samurai on Amazon pre orders, which ofc doesnt mean will sell more but show the series being aound the level, 30k is too low for Blue Blox
It's digital is way below it though

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Since we appear to have an empty gap in the magazine for a while again, do you think we'll see any more special things in the meantime? Like how we have neverland 5th anniversary oneshot next issue.

Also does everyone think we'll see part 2 of Burn the Witch this year? And how many parts do you think it'll be?

Last edited:

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really want Kubo back doing a full serialization, i hope he doesn't do 4 chapters and dip again

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really want Kubo back doing a full serialization, i hope he doesn't do 4 chapters and dip again
He went for nearly ten years and reached the peak of the industry, he has nothing left to accomplish. Just let him draw at his own pace, he deserves it, and ought to let young folk have an ongoing slot.

Shinuki no Reborn

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Bleach went for 15, not nearly ten, but i disagree, one thing is drawing in your own pace like Sui Ishida doing Choujin X, other is taking a entire year just to publish 4 chapters of 40ish pages, it would be understandable if was the case of Kubo being sick or having a poor physical condition, but looks like he's perfectly fine, he could handle a monthly serialization without a problem, or at least a bi monthly (6 chapters), but maybe this "Season 2" will have more than just 4 chapters, i wish, because again, i cant picture Kubo taking a whole year just to write and draw 4 chapters, or maybe the big amount of time is because he want to release with another "movie" attached to it.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bleach went for 15, not nearly ten, but i disagree, one thing is drawing in your own pace like Sui Ishida doing Choujin X, other is taking a entire year just to publish 4 chapters of 40ish pages, it would be understandable if was the case of Kubo being sick or having a poor physical condition, but looks like he's perfectly fine, he could handle a monthly serialization without a problem, or at least a bi monthly (6 chapters), but maybe this "Season 2" will have more than just 4 chapters, i wish, because again, i cant picture Kubo taking a whole year just to write and draw 4 chapters, or maybe the big amount of time is because he want to release with another "movie" attached to it.
why would he want to do another long monthly manga after continuously drawing for 15 years? its not like drawing manga is a relaxing or easy to do job.

These are real human beings we're talking about, not machines repeating tasks. Think about their livelihoods. We already know some folks find it unhealthy. He isn't exactly young anymore.

Last edited:

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but iirc didn’t Kubo seem to insinuate in an interview that he doesn’t quite know when BTW S2 would start, and that Jump may have jumped the gun by announcing S2.
seems like he may just made a passing statement like “hmmm maybe ill make more of this or drop a second volume at some point”, and Jump just hyped it up with there really being no set plan

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Togashi and Kubo will coordinate their simultaneous return for maximum hype

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I imagine BTW will be increasing in length
so Season 2 would be 2 volumes long and accompany a 2 hour long movie

Shinuki no Reborn

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
why would he want to do another long monthly manga after continuously drawing for 15 years? its not like drawing manga is a relaxing or easy to do job.

These are real human beings we're talking about, not machines repeating tasks. Think about their livelihoods. We already know some folks find it unhealthy. He isn't exactly young anymore.
Why he wouldn't? it's been 5 years, by his interviews he's well both physically and mentally, cleary still has passion to draw and write, and there are dozen and dozen of authors with as much long or much longer careers than Kubo that still work weekly or monthly, and even the ones with phyiscal problems like Daisuke (WT) and Hoshino (DGM) still work hard to publish as much they can, Kubo is in a perfect condition to still fully work as a author, i would even say in a weekly or bi weekly serialization but he probably don't want to deal with it anymore, so a monthly one would be perfect to him, even being able to take a month break sometimes.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Obviously if he's got health issues then i understand but if he's fine then me as a fan would love to see him back with a real serialization be it weekly or on the ishida schedule, its up to him but i'd love to see him back for an extended run if he can

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Weekly Oricon Top 50 (7/12/21 - 7/18/21)

34. Jujutsu Kaisen #16 (30,397 / 1,853,033)
43. Black Clover #29 (23,236 / 147,922)

Obs: Long time since a Black Clover volume charted a 3rd week on Oricon.
Movie hype is buidling.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
It's good to see TES still going strong and growing, Looking forward to seeing the second volume chart with 50K from the get go and the series grow, also curious to see how close Mashle will be to reaching 200K while still charting.

ItsSamu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
it would be understandable if was the case of Kubo being sick or having a poor physical condition, but looks like he's perfectly fine
Why he wouldn't? it's been 5 years, by his interviews he's well both physically and mentally, cleary still has passion to draw and write, and there are dozen and dozen of authors with as much long or much longer careers than Kubo that still work weekly or monthly, and even the ones with phyiscal problems like Daisuke (WT) and Hoshino (DGM) still work hard to publish as much they can, Kubo is in a perfect condition to still fully work as a author
Kubo isn't in perfect health condition though, or at least he wasn't for the last six years of his serialisation. Bleach wrapped up abruptly because of his increasing health problems and he commented multiple times in volumes in the final arc how he was struggling. Now we know from interviews that during the double issues he would spend his whole week in bed but that wasn't enough to recover, he had injuries in his shoulder, and even after Bleach ended he had to cancel events due to ill health. The belief at the time was that he was forced by WSJ/Shueisha at the time to end but now we know better.

Thankfully he has also made comments about wanting to draw manga again (around the time Burn the Witch's one shot came out), so while he's clearly up to work again I don't have any expectations for him to continue a long/ongoing serialisation since those sorts of issues probably haven't just disappeared. And heck, the man lives in Roppongi Hills so it's not like he needs to keep working to make a living, it would likely be at his own pace and what he wants to do, which is what I reckon is what is happening with him in WSJ - something similar to Togashi where his veteran status allows them to work around him rather than the other way around. From what we also know he was pushed by his editor to make the Burn the Witch oneshot into something more which wasn't his original intention.

That being said, I also do want Burn the Witch Season 2 to be a little longer than last time (maybe 2-3 volumes) and reckon it could happen, but I'm not setting hopes too high since that's what happened with a lot of us last time.

Personally, I think Kubo needs to make a manga about fashion school or something in the future. That would be so up his alley, he'd kill it.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Bleach wrapped up abruptly because of his increasing health problems
No, Kubo said that he worked through his health problems until he reached the end he was satisfied with, instead of ending the series prematurely due to his health.

ItsSamu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
No, Kubo said that he worked through his health problems until he reached the end he was satisfied with, instead of ending the series prematurely due to his health.
He's said the ending (as in the final two chapters/epilogue) were what he envisioned from the start but from looking at what came before it it's very obvious that the final fight wasn't wrapped up at the same pace as the rest of the arc. He still had health problems at that point that he pushed through but it's pretty clear there was more for him to do and the problems caused him to finish it sooner than later.

Last edited:

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
He's said the ending (as in the final two chapters/epilogue) were what he envisioned from the start but from looking at what came before it it's very obvious that the final fight wasn't wrapped up at the same pace as the rest of the arc. He still had health problems at that point that he pushed through but it's pretty clear there was more for him to do and the problems caused him to finish it sooner than later.
I don't think Kubo's words support this, but there is ofc a lot of debate about it.

In either case, going back to the original point, I think Kubo should just go his own way, without feeling pressured by the amount of work other mangaka do.

KiMiTo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Jump #33-34:

Great:
Blue Box
- So cute, so exciting! Love it!
One Piece - Some good Franky action and that Yamato at the end 🔥
Witch Watch - The main plot kicks in and shit just got real! Let's gooo 💪

Good:
Sakamoto Days
- A really fun chapter after the badass arc we just had.
The Elusive Samurai - Nice introduction of Takaujis brother and I like the parallels that Matsui make.
Neru - The fight was lit. So far, so good.

Fine:
Red Hood
- A witch at the end? Otherwise it was a nice strategy to beat that werewolf.
Candy Flurry - Lol, when the bad guy pity you. Some hilarious stuffs. Still in the axe zone though.