Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
First part of the Vomic for the Jump one-shot Black Milk by Rin Matsui, second part will be released tomorrow.
lol i looked at the thumb first and thought was a Haikyuu vomic. People mentioned MHA too much at the time but the guy was literally copying Furudate in many pages kkk

Is this the same artist as Nisekoi? Luffy reminds me of the main character from that series (Nami too, to a lesser extent).
Yes

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Blue Box: So. It’s come to this. *sigh* Welp, time to stock up for the next war.....

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bondo sitting there proposing to vote for Candy Flurry on the jump survey. lol why.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Red Hood is becoming really good. I hope it survives. No matter what the outcome, I'm enjoying it a lot.

Chapter of the week is for My Hero Academia. A very powerful chapter. And Yozakura continues as amazing as always.

My particular top-5 this week would be:
1. My Hero Academia
2. Red Hood
3. One Piece
4. Mission of Yozakura Family
5. The Elusive Samurai

FireFantasyVI

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Undead was great, loving how the fight is playing out, especially Chikara

Mashle was decent, had to double check to see if I missed a chapter before this one but no. Felt like a bit much was condensed in here, but it was still fun, and I liked some of the character moments from Mash

Ayakashi was good, interested to see where this goes

Magu was Magu, nothing worth commenting on. Not super into the new god

Roboco was alright, I normally love more meta chapters, but this felt way too on the nose with the "Jump is great" schtick. Who else but Roboco to vote for a gag every week.

HSF was pretty good, Haruka chapters are always appreciated and I got some good laughs

Sakamoto was pretty good as well, Wutang has really grown on me, and the comedy was solid. Felt a little fast though

Elusive was great, such a perfect blend of characters, comedy, and strategy. I love it

Witch was also great, especially the fighting part, and the friendship stuff got me a bit

Blue Box was pretty good, this arc has put me onto team Hina, so hopefully it goes somewhere good from here

Candy has entered rushing to the end territory, nothing to really say

I think Red Hood has finally won me over, at least for now. Started to loose interest after the first few chapters, but this one has convinced me to give it a good shot.

Neru was fun as usual, excited to see all the different martial arts styles

The Vivi's Adventure chapter was incredible, one of my favorite moments in the series, so it was a treat to see another take on it

Rukasu

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Red Hood taking the dragged out first chapters and turning it on a plot point that bothered even the villain team is kinda genius ngl, I'm really digging the more meta elements that are being introduced

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Candy Flurry has to 100 percent be ending, this chapter was a mess.

Neala897

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
There will be unplanned break for Bnha?

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
S Tier
1. Yozakura Family

A Tier
2. Blue Box
3. Undead Unluck
4. My hero academia

B Tier
5. Ayakashi Triangle
6. Witch Watch

C Tier
7. Red Hood
8. Dr. Stone
9. Jujutsu Kaisen
10. MASHLE
11. Neru

D Tier
12. Sakamoto Days
13. The Elusive Samurai
14. Roboco
15. High School Family

F Tier
16. Black Clover
17. Magu Chan
18. Candy Flurry

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Best of the issue was
Magu-Chan God of Destruction -. Izuma chapters are always the best
Yozakura Family - this is how you do qualification exams folks
Neru - this is how you do martial arts series folks

Worst of the issue
Red Hood - this is not how you do qualification exams folks
Blue Box - this is not how you write a romance series folks
Candy Flurry - will it make it past chapter 19

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
By Mangaplus there will also be an unplanned break for One piece. I hope not.
Won't have a cover the next week? It's weird... Not surprised for MHa
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It looks like Candy Flurry will end in 2-3 chapters at max

Magu chan and HSF were a bit off this week... (i don't like the sleepy goddess too much)
Mashle was meh and Blue box too (pretty nothing happened)
Red hood was amazing. I love the way the story is going
Neru was boring as usually and the end of the chapter was pretty anti-climatic

The best chapters of the week were : One piece, Dr. Stone and Yozakura Family
A positive note for Roboco too... this is how we feel every week reading Jump 😂
--- Double Post Merged, ---

S tier

One piece
Yozakura family
Dr. Stone

A tier

Undead Unluck
My hero academia
Black clover
Red hood

B tier

Magu chan
Me and roboco
Blue box

C tier

HSF
Mashle
Jujutsu

D tier

Neru
Sakamoto days
Candy flurry
Elusive samurai

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
S Tier
1. Blue box
2. Jujutsu kaisen
3. Black Clover

A Tier
5. Undead Unluck
6. My hero academia

B Tier
7. Red Hood
8. Neru

C Tier
9. Dr. Stone
10. The Elusive Samurai

D Tier
11. Sakamoto Days

F Tier
12. Witch Watch
13. Roboco
14. Mashle
15. Yozakura familiy
16. Magu Chan
17. Candy Flurry

Last edited:

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jujutsu: Perfect example of why I love the fights in this series.

Red Hood: I will full admit that I only kept reading this series for the Thicc women, but this is actually really cool. The dialogue at the beginning was also really cheeky.

Undead Unluck: Did I miss a chapter where these two became best friends? I remember they were together during the Summer fight, but that’s it.

Blue Box: I know a lot of people are gonna hate this direction, but I think healthy competition is okay.

Neru: This was pretty boring. Aside from the ending, I don’t really remember much about this chapter.

Sakamoto Days: This is an okay conclusion to a lackluster arc (if you can even call this that).

Yozakura Family: This character has grown on me a lot. This is a pretty good exam arc.

Candy Flurry: Yeah, this is dead. Sad, but expected.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Candy Flurry entering the final battle means it's definitely ending very soon. I'm thinking 3-4 more chapters, I don't think we'll get new series announced next week since there's another One Piece special in #41 but #42 is very possible.

ItsSamu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Another good batch though there were some more duds than usual. Overall the issue was helped immensely by an amazing One Piece chapter, just in time for the cover next week.

Great:
1. ( = ) One Piece - Incredible, incredible stuff. So packed with lore and information and awesome fights that it's hard to choose a highlight. The connection to Zoro's past and how he connects with Wano is just amazing, I hope he gets a second flashback at some point similar to Sanji did. Speaking of, Sanji got another hint to his power source, even though I don't care for his character that's still cool. Marco dropping some Marijoa details is a major bonus, Carrot showed up again which always makes a great chapter, and all the action was on point, and then we end with that Momo scene! Cannot wait to see Oden 2.0 now. Oda has been on fire the past few months.
2. (+4) My Hero Academia - Uraraka being the absolute best - loved the build up with her speech and those full page shots of Deku, powerful stuff even if a tad bit melodramatic, but who cares really when it's this good.
3. (+2) Blue Box - When this series started I feared a development like this, but the way it's happened so naturally and even with this chapter in particular I'm not mad at all. In fact I like Hina way more now than I did three or four chapters ago, so yet again another win for Blue Box which continues to do everything right.
4. (-2) The Hunters Guild: Red Hood - The meta comments in the first pages, while funny, did not work for me. Totally took me out of the experience. Thankfully the rest of the chapter was excellent and is gearing us up for this exam portion well, I'd say better than how Neru handled it overall, so far. The new character introduced last week is pretty damn cool, love how she and Grim are being featured so far. Things are only getting better for Red Hood, hope its good TOC placements last.
5. (+8) Me & Roboco - Love a meta M&R chapter and this one had delivered the goods. Nice way to shoutout the rest of the magazine and hype them all up; plenty of laughs even if there's a few there that I wouldn't put in my top three on any given week.

Good:
6. (+4) Sakamoto Days - This is more like the Sakamoto Days I enjoy. Cool action after things changed pace and focus for a bit, and looks like it all wrapped up neatly. Wasn't keen on this villain at first but he's not so bad now.
7. (-3) Neru: Way of the Martial Artist - This is the first chapter that didn't do everything right for me. In fact, there's a lot of red flags that this is possibly a result of the author trying to speed things up or make adjustments based on early reception. While I really enjoy the clarification on their classes and breakdown on the school, I'm not sure if the 'goal' established here is a strong enough one to keep the series afloat long-term, and I wasn't a fan of how quickly it wrapped up the exam at the beginning after spending a while on it. While I was curious to see how this new girl would be featured after being introduced, I kind of hated that final page. Felt out of character for Neru up until now and was such a weird moment to end the chapter on, like the author is trying to get the readers hooked in a way they haven't tried so far. It's a bummer for a new series I've loved so far but I'll admit when something I like underperforms (and vice versa).
8. (+3) The Elusive Samurai - This was another really good chapter, funny faces, good gory action, and I can't wait for more. That colour spread was also stunning.
9. (-6) Jujutsu Kaisen - This didn't work for me. Not a bad chapter at all, but the whole thing felt like a convoluted and not very fun or engaging way to get through this battle. Lots of needless explanations that Gege set-up that didn't need to be the case at all. It doesn't feel like an accomplishment that it was figured out, just a chore. Anyway, onto greater things now.
10. (-2) High School Family: Kokosei Kazoku - I always like the little sister chapters and this was no different. The second year shogi player was fun, ad the back and forth with the game even better. Cute.
11. (-2) Undead Unluck - Not the best fight (like I thought after last week's set-up) so far based on the characters involved, but still nicely paced and things are moving along.

Fine:
12. (-5) Black Clover - I was ready to praise this chapter for having some real repercussions for this fight... only to have them immediately repaired within matter of pages of them being introduced. Oh well, onto the final fight of the arc hopefully.
13. (+1) Mashle - It was a nice enough start to this fight, but I feel like my investment in the series has faded now and how Mash serves to further the story just doesn't make me laugh or care that much anymore. Sad times.
14. (+3) WITCH WATCH - I really liked that backstory at the start, wish it was longer. Rest of the chapter shifted focus to the better battle going on, but not as much in terms of memorable content this week.
15. (-3) Mission: Yozakura Family - I'll be honest, I don't like the eldest brother at all. I've never clicked with his character and that hasn't changed here. A downgrade from the past two parts of the exam, which is a shame.
16. ( - ) One Piece: Naoshi Komi Covers Vivi's Adventure - This wasn't as successful as I hoped. I would much rather a side story where we explore what happened in between chapters or get a new scenario like we get with Shokugeki no Sanji, but this was just a recreation of some key scenes that were much more successful by Oda himself the first time around.

Bad:
17. (-2) Dr. Stone - Lots of words + boring maths + an abundance of cluttered panels = plot point #156 achieved.
18. (-2) Ayakashi Triangle - I was curious to see how this villain would be explored, but this week the main thing we get from her is groping...
19. (-1) Candy Flurry - Things are certainly happening at a rate they were not intended to when initially conceived.
20. (-1) Magu-chan: God of Destruction - Another speed read for me. My least favourite character was the main focus and the whole set-up felt pretty pointless by the end.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
how dont people like Izuma and Une, theyre like the best Magu.

Discomusic

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I have probably chosen the wrong format for these rankings because there is almost never a definite first place. Moving to a tier system would be better but I want to force myself to estabilish a clear winner every week.

1. Witch Watch: So why not giving the prize to one of the most improved series of the period? The backstory of the warlock was hilarious, and the fight convinced me of the Power of Friendship more than several other attempts from the rest of the magazine this week. And there is more to come!
2. The Elusive Samurai: The gags with the warriors faces were pretty funny, the fight was good both in terms of strategy and raw power, and the color spread was simply gorgeous. Overall, a very solid episode of Elusive Samurai.
3. Blue Box: I don't have many problems with the love triangle even if other users have. My real concern about this is that now Hina is too likeable, and since it appears that Chinatsu is now on the move, It will be difficut to root for her whatever she is going to do.
4. Mission: Yozakura Family: The exam arc reaches its peak. It's a shame that the other examinees mean nothing, but the dialogue between Taiki and Kyoshiro is very good and how they both don't want to move an inch about their position sets up for a clash that is a must see. Happy 2nd anniversary!
5. Magu-chan: God of Destruction: After many weeks of averageness, there is finally a chapter of Magu that I enjoyed a lot. I'm usually down for RPG parodies and this one was no exception. Highlights were the problem with derailing sidequests and the party avoiding to cross the most complicated places.
6. One Piece: The list of fights that need a resolution is shortening. In this week's rundown, many cool things happened and since One Piece currently seems to rely a lot on rule of cool, this is certainly a good thing for it.
7. Sakamoto Days: Well, in the end we turned back to action. Sakamoto does again what it does best, but a question remains: in the end, who won the match of Old Maid?
8. One Piece: Vivi's Adventure: It was nice to read again one of the most historical pages of all of Shonen Jump. Unfortunately the history is very well known at this point, so apart from the nostalgia factor there isn't much else to say about this episode. All the tears were already cried.
9. Jujutsu Kaisen: The fight was very difficult to follow (I'll wait for the animated version to make it easier to understand) and the chapter itself feels a little fillery. Rule of cool always works if well applied, though.
10. My Hero Academia: Last week I was wondering: will a well delivered pep talk be enough to make all those people change their mind (a trick that usually doesn't really work in real life)? This week we got a partial answer: it worked for at least two people.
11. High School Family: Haruka is usually the weakest character in the family (at least for me) but this time it worked, and hopefully the Shogi club will become more girly and more popular, under the guidance of their new leader.
12. Neru: Way of the martial artist: This manga keeps being average-y for me. We set up a new goal that is one of those goals that is kinda risky for a newbie series, since if it gets axed it will be forced to rush into it and lead to an unnatural conclusion. Let's hope it will play its cards well.
13. Undead Unluck: While it's not a bad chapter by any means, I find two issues with it: 1) at this point I only want to see Spring in action and 2) it seems that every week we are submitted to a new lecture about the Power of Love/Friendship, it's starting to get kinda old. UU, your selling point is world building!
14. Me & Roboco: This was a funny and very very meta chapter. I wish it was published at the times of Dolphin so it would have got a least a mention. Apart from that, this was an interesting lecture about the Power of Surveys.
15. Ayakashi Triangle: It's very good that the plot is advancing, but the evil version of Kikyo...ehr...Mei still doesn't convince me. And the return of that hateful villain was kinda anticlimatic.
16. Mashle: The exam is still going on, so while Mash does its usual Mash things, I wonder more about how the other two are doing with their interview.
17. Black Clover: After a good end of the fight we get a huge plot twist...that gets resolved in a few more pages. At least the battle hinted for next time is hyping.
18. The Hunters Guild: Red Hood: This is going to get mixed reviews. Mine is negative, it's like recognizing that the first chapters were doing really bad and transforming this in a plot point. The rest was usual exam stuff with nothing to really bring home (a reminder: I ranked this first last week).
19. Dr. Stone: Science people doing science stuff. Then a character gets a little of development, but not this week, we got a generic "In this Stone World we are doing everything with science!" message instead.
20. Candy Flurry: After a couple of weeks of tease, the great rush has finally come. I can see this ending as far as next week, although it will likely get a couple more issues of time.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The whole struggle about choosing 3 mangas in Roboco's chapter is basically what i was thinking these days, i want Red Hood to survive and even more Neru, but i also don't want anything else (besides Candy Flurry) to be axed/end, so the next rounds has potential to be quite cruel unless SJ just release a bunch of obvious flops and is able to keep everyone alive but is going to be rough for RH and Neru survive together.