Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 502 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
3 chapters are already take up more than a month of drawing.
7+ chapters are asking way too much. Especially if you're implying that serialization isn't guaranteed or, at the very least, the entire set might have to be redrawn from scratch. The current model seems to be much better for artists.

It actually looks like RH's editor was the one who asked for the slow start, based on the "waste of page space" scene that occurs later.
It's such a pity because the creator then leaves jump but the editor stays there to keep missing. OK, they might have a view in which the author is the one who should detect such mistakes, correct the pacing as much as possible when writing the first 3...as much as it seems to be the editor's responsibility.

But maybe the best thing would be some kind of test audience...

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Let Toei just focus on Dragon Quest Dai, it is still the best anime theyve ever been apart of.

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yozakura in Studio Bone or Mappa itself.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
isnt Mappa killing its staff, might want to go to a different studio due to overwork

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Kimetsu Backlog is starting to creep up again, are you guys ready for another year of utter oricon domination once s2 starts?
Oh please stop with that. Probably there will be more kimetsu no yaiba manga around than toilet paper... Japaneses sure are crazy, a whole crazy country
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yozakura will be animated by ufotable

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I think it might be a bit early to be talking about a Yozakura anime, remember it was often at the bottom in its first year and didn't become a stable series until almost ch 50.

The series with early anime announcements are probably the immediate big hits which gathered adaptation interest near the start (Elusive Samurai and Blue Box for example almost certainly have plans in motion already), and I don't think Yozakura would've gathered much serious interest from studios until it was consistently doing well a couple arcs into the genre shift well into year 2.

Most won't be willing to invest in a series that seems likely to get cancelled before they can adapt it after all.

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it might be a bit early to be talking about a Yozakura anime, remember it was often at the bottom in its first year and didn't become a stable series until almost ch 50.

The series with early anime announcements are probably the immediate big hits which gathered adaptation interest near the start (Elusive Samurai and Blue Box for example almost certainly have plans in motion already), and I don't think Yozakura would've gathered much serious interest from studios until it was consistently doing well a couple arcs into the genre shift well into year 2.

Most won't be willing to invest in a series that seems likely to get cancelled before they can adapt it after all.
I mean it's not really early, it's pretty late and most of jump isn't up for anime, so yozakura mightve gotten one due to there being not many options to grab a jump series

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
lol how could i forgot the actual first studio prediction i did about Yozakura anime during the first year of serialization, A-1 Pictures! I want Toei if is a long running, A-1 if is a 24 seasonal anime.

We're not talking about it getting announced now, just talking what studio we personally want.

Let Toei just focus on Dragon Quest Dai, it is still the best anime theyve ever been apart of.
Toei is doing a lot of stuff at the moment, not only Dragon Quest, so they can just produce Yozakura alongside their other series.

Yozakura in Studio Bone or Mappa itself.
Yozakura doesn't feel like something MAPPA would do.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy

I remember HInomaru zumou, it sold even less than Yozakura Family and still received an anime pretty late and 24 episodes...
And there are series that get an anime at even 60 chapters

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dr. Stone is said to be for research (again)

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It would be really horrible if Yozakura went to Pierrot, they didn't do a good job with Black Clover.
It did, it run for 170 episodes, constantly one of 4 most lucrative series for Tv Tokyo, has a movie being produced, and the manga still doing good, for all we know it could have been a seasonal anime, didn't get much of a boost and have like, 2 seasons at most. In the end Pierrot still made Black Clover a worldwide hit, same thing with World Trigger, everybody was like "why???" when WT anime started, but in the end Toei is the reason the series became a hit and still has a popular anime being produced, having great animation isn't everything.

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Do you guys think WSJ will still have any long running animes after Black Clover or do you guys think that BC was the last one and from now on they will stay with the seasonal format

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you guys think WSJ will still have any long running animes after Black Clover or do you guys think that BC was the last one and from now on they will stay with the seasonal format
i cant imagine the next BLeach anime will be seasonal

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
i cant imagine the next BLeach anime will be seasonal
I'm talking specifically about series that are currently running in the magazine, Bleach should be a long runner for sure

galaxy-juice

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's such a pity because the creator then leaves jump but the editor stays there to keep missing. OK, they might have a view in which the author is the one who should detect such mistakes, correct the pacing as much as possible when writing the first 3...as much as it seems to be the editor's responsibility.

But maybe the best thing would be some kind of test audience...
If you're saying a group of newbies should write manga for a test audience, who then vote for their favorite series, and the winners get to move on to the main magazine while the losers have to try something else or give up altogether, then that's just WSJ with extra steps.

I don't think RH is a victim of anything other than the author's current skill. I want him to work hard to fine-tune his writing and art styles and come back with something even more exciting in the future.

lol how could i forgot the actual first studio prediction i did about Yozakura anime during the first year of serialization, A-1 Pictures! I want Toei if is a long running, A-1 if is a 24 seasonal anime.
A-1 is my ideal studio too. I can't imagine Yozakura ever getting the same treatment as juggernauts like MHA, KNY, or JJK.

A-1 is enough. They are really good at making characters feel alive. Their action is nothing to write home about but it does the job and Yozakura's fight scenes are rarely anything extravagant. I feel like they could bring a really high level of polish to the series like they did with Kaguya-sama.

You'd have to be crazy to think Bones, Ufotable, or MAPPA would touch Yozakura with a hundred-foot poll.

It's definitely fallen out of style. I tend to think seasonal is better for everyone as well, so I wouldn't be upset if we never had another one. But I also understand the appeal for a series like Yozakura or Mashle.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mashle is the only thing I can see being a long anime but its already in the sunsetting stage.

Can only think the most traditional of jump titles (fantasy or exorcism) would get the long running treatment.

(still dont undertsand how kemono jihen wasnt a long anime, baffling)

Status
Not open for further replies.