• Witch Watch 33

• VROOM!!! One Shot

Results are only viewable after voting.

redon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
TV version of "Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Train Arc" will begin next October 10th. It will be broadcast in episodic format, with 7 weekly episodes (the first one will be completely new). "Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc" will begin next December 5th with a 1-hour special.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
...So the DBS route... What a way to milk the franchise but whatever. This is dumb imo, specially considering this was announced after the broadcast of the movie. And this is the biggest anime movie ever.. You would think pretty much everyone interested on watching it would have seen it by now.

So is the first episode going to be filler? Since it says it's "new" but I assume everything was adapted from the manga or was something missing out from the manga at the beginning of the Infinite Train movie?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Then what, they will make an updated movie version of the mugen train and put it back in theaters?

Could easily imagine people burning the bds.

Oh well.

I wonder why do this, did they need more time to make the new season yet didnt want to wait too long like shingeki did betwixt one of the seasons.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
@SharkBait The problem with Shingeki is that the manga didn't have much material to cover back when it exploded in popularity. So, considering KnY is over, I'd wager that has nothing to do with it. It's just greed.

KiMiTo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Ufotable is doing the real business. Great move!

Ctkk

Reaction score
Country
Highgarden
I wonder what this means for the cour structure and potentially the adaptation of the sowrdsmith village arc.

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder what this means for the cour structure and potentially the adaptation of the sowrdsmith village arc.
probably 1 cour, the bigger question is final arc and pillar training

KiMiTo

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I don't think they'll adapt the Swordsmith arc. They can make a movie out of it. Then they can adapt Hashira Training and Inifity Castle into 2 cour season and to finish the story with another movie for the final arc.

Ctkk

Reaction score
Country
Highgarden
Swordsmith village is as long as the entertainment district arc, I think that's too much content for a movie. Besides, if they were gonna do that, they might as well have just kept making movies for everything.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chainsawman anime wen?

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
probably 1 cour, the bigger question is final arc and pillar training
A simple 26 episode anime since we're dealing with mostly fights. If I'd take the pace of the 1st season everything up to the final fight is covered within 24 episodes.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
TV version of "Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Train Arc" will begin next October 10th. It will be broadcast in episodic format, with 7 weekly episodes (the first one will be completely new). "Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc" will begin next December 5th with a 1-hour special.

This TOC discussion should be called Kimetsu no Yaiba lol...

Shinji Hirako

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m going to branch out from just taking about Demon Slayer and apply this topic to canon movies in general, they are pointless.

If the argument is that some fans will be left in the dark, then that’s the same thing as expecting a retelling before each canon movie even releases. Why should I pay to watch a canon movie (I did) if your going to just release it in series form and make me wait longer to enjoy the next arc.

Moral of the story, it’s all about business and we just have to deal with it. Dragon ball Super, Boruto, Demon Slayer, what’s next?

Ctkk

Reaction score
Country
Highgarden
To answer my own question, I think there might just be another cour with the swordsmith village and the hashira training arcs after the entertainment district, saving the rest for a third and final season.

Season 1 was two cours after all, and the entertainment district probably won't last that long if the first ep is an hour long.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
1st season was 26 episodes, there's not much reason to think 2nd season will not be the same or at least 25, we have 7 episodes for Mugen Train and another 18/19 episodes depending if is 25 or 26, not counting the fact it will start with a 1 hour eps, this is too much for only 1 arc that is mostly just fights.