Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 534 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Manjiknights

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
49 is still GFC so it's probably one series on issue 50 or none at all.

I see a lack of acknowledging Megaton Musashi exists in a collab with the Jump brand and the manga has a nonzero chance of coming to WSJ probably around now if it's going to happen at all (the anime started airing a few weeks ago and the game comes out soon)

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
49 is still GFC so it's probably one series on issue 50 or none at all.

I see a lack of acknowledging Megaton Musashi exists in a collab with the Jump brand and the manga has a nonzero chance of coming to WSJ probably around now if it's going to happen at all (the anime started airing a few weeks ago and the game comes out soon)
It usually doesn't happen but in 2018 Jump started David-kun & Jimoto Ga Japan at the same time with GFC still happening, so isn't impossible.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Weekly Oricon Top 50 (10/11/21 - 10/17/21)

01. Jujutsu Kaisen #17 (188,470 / 1,357,799)
04. Boku no Hero Academia #32 (86,995 / 540,901)
22. Black Clover #30 (23,591 / 137,281)
25. Mashle #8 (21,183 / 114,761)
48. One Piece #100 (12,917 / 1,798,683)
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Daily Shoseki Top 500 (10/21)

5. Jujutsu Kaisen #17
15. My Hero Academia #32
70. Black Clover 30
81. Mashle #8
184. Blue Box #2
287. Ayakashi Triangle #6
300. Kochikame #201
349. Mission: Yozakura Family #10
397. Undead Unluck #8
437. Me & Roboco #5

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
There's also the possibility they just wait until after One Piece ep 1000 cover and start new series around #52, #1, and #2. Or that they'll split them up with one before OP and one after, it's not unheard of for there to be an issue gap between series starting.

Manjiknights

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's also the possibility they just wait until after One Piece ep 1000 cover and start new series around #52, #1, and #2. Or that they'll split them up with one before OP and one after, it's not unheard of for there to be an issue gap between series starting.
There's no way JJK won't get a cover for the movie in December and MHA will probably get at least LCP for poll results so two out of those three issues are taken. I guess at most they can do a split batch with 50 and 52. If it weren't for Red Hood speedrunning I wouldn't be very confident in a round happening at all

Minsel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So we have a GFC this week and a GFC next week
So
Issue #47: Blue Box
Issue #48: Sakamoto Days
Issue #49: New Series
Issue #50: New series 2
Issue #51: One piece

Doesn't that work?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To follow up, is this volume under performing or doing normally?
Underperforming:

Jujutsu Kaisen #16 (1,519,819) - 10 Days
Jujutsu Kaisen #17 (1,357,799) - 14 Days

Still amazing numbers in the end

animeexpert

Reaction score
Country
Japan
No, the problem is that its simply badly written. Bland characters, bland dialogue, bland interactions, bland fights, slow pacing, pointless exposition.

Chapter 1 ends with her telling him to join the guild, but then we spent 4 chapters in the same location with no interesting visuals that was just burned down in the end, with two filler enemies that do not develop or move the story along. Nobody gave a fuck about the village or the villagers, we have no reason to care about them, them leaving on chapter 2 would be fine, but we had to drag the story down for the sake of something that was never necessary to begin with. Then we had an exam arc for hunters where they don't hunt but play tag instead.

I'm more annoyed with people that say this series could have been something special when in reality it didn't do anything good, beyond building a world with random stuff for intrigue sake but then never explored any of it. Literally anybody can come up with random stuff to make a world interesting.

I've seen plenty of people put all of the blame on the editor, but he isn't the one who writes the characters and their interactions which sucked ass btw alongside the poor fights and the mediocre non existent plot.

A world should never take priority over characters and plot. Give the readers enough info to form an idea of what the world is then put all of your efforts on making the readers care about what you want to tell.
let me keep my hopium oke :emobirb, but i still bet a bit its part being placed in this state of jump even if the author did chose another route

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there some kind of stock issue or are people not going to the bookstores cause these week 2 numbers for all the series and even the boundaries are super low like 50th place sold 13k this week

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #46 (2021) - VOTING

The thread for Poll & Comment voting of the issue #46 is open, you can vote HERE!

The extra series this week are:

Spy x Family 54
Ron Kamonohashi: Deranged Detective 39
Excuse me Dentist, It's Touching me! 36
Ghost Reaper Girl 29
Dandadan 29

Good votes!
so Boruto will be on next weeks?

will have to put voting into my calendar to be sure I give the series some love

I wish jump would give Boruto space for a special chapter

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Really interesting list I only read Skip to Loafer from the list and considered maybe someday giving a try to Onna no Sono no Hoshi. the ITW is interesting (sorry though it's in French only), regarding his fave manga, he said the list keeps changing, but those are currently his fave, and he was honest enough to mention that most of his fave are published by other (rival) publishing companies. :nod ( actually none of his fave is from Shueisha )

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Really interesting list I only read Skip to Loafer from the list and considered maybe someday giving a try to Onna no Sono no Hoshi. the ITW is interesting (sorry though it's in French only), regarding his fave manga, he said the list keeps changing, but those are currently his fave, and he was honest enough to mention that most of his fave are published by other (rival) publishing companies. :nod ( actually none of his fave is from Shueisha )
that third manga with the boy running with the newspaper looks incredibly familiar artstyle.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Is there some kind of stock issue or are people not going to the bookstores cause these week 2 numbers for all the series and even the boundaries are super low like 50th place sold 13k this week
Read some comments about maybe the election in Japan that is going on having some influence, but nothing official

so Boruto will be on next weeks?

will have to put voting into my calendar to be sure I give the series some love

I wish jump would give Boruto space for a special chapter
Will be included in the voting for issue #47.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Editor change for Yozakura. New editor joined the department this year, and it's his first series.

Status
Not open for further replies.