Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

AbrahamOmosun

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Gotouge doesn't have a company like Togashi (POT), Toriyama (Bird Studio), or Kishimoto (岸本斉史 スコット), so taxes would hit them harder.
Ahh taxes. Only 2 things in life are guaranteed:- death and taxes (and Hunter x Hunter being on hiatus is a close third)

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Also, I don't really know if it matters, but Magu 1 is sitting at #26,113 physical on Amazon and Roboco 1 is at #38,515–I don't know how many of the reprints go to Amazon warehouses though so this could very well be irrelevant. Magu is down to one left in stock again though sometimes Amazon just says that by mistake. The reprints must not have been too high in number in any case.
This kind of reprints they got don't go to the store's warehouses, but to the magazine's.

Maybe Jujutsu Kaisen sales drop on December (next volume comes on January).
They won't. The series has put all of its volume on top of Shoseki for the first few days of December and has another batch of reprints already scheduled for the middle of the month. If anything it might sell just as much or more than it did in November.

This explains why we had so few colour pages for next issue. Weird it didn´t leak with the ToC
This one-shot isn't getting a CP, only the first one got it.

Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
They won't. The series has put all of its volume on top of Shoseki for the first few days of December and has another batch of reprints already scheduled for
So we can expect another 1.5-2 million copies sold for JJK in December. Adding that, volume 14 is going on on January, so expect another 1.5-2 million copies there (I'm going with the minimum here).

That would make 3-4 million + possibly 500.000 copies in post-2020 November Oricon. I'm saying Jujutsu Kaisen would be then already on 4 million copies by end of January 2021, just in 1/4 of the year. Interpolating current numbers for the entire year we can reach to 15 million at least, but we don't know how JJK sales will on Summer and Fall when the season 1 anime is over.

I'm seeing Jujutsu Kaisen with a real chance of beating One Piece in total sales in 2021, something I never saw with MHA. Of course, there are more elements to have in account (I'm expecting 2021 One Piece to be bigger in sales than 2019 and 2020 because volume 100 and chapter 1000 sheanigans). Is going to be really interesting to see.

Seems the manga is also starting to sell well in Spain (volume 4 was released here like last week or 2 weeks ago).

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That would make 3-4 million + possibly 500.000 copies in post-2020 November Oricon. I'm saying Jujutsu Kaisen would be then already on 4 million copies by end of January 2021, just in 1/4 of the year. Interpolating current numbers for the entire year we can reach to 15 million at least, but we don't know how JJK sales will on Summer and Fall when the season 1 anime is over.
Actually, Jujutsu Kaisen only sold 318,043 for the last week of November. Volumes were running out of stock then and sales only started picking up on November 30th, but the week was already over and those sales will reflect on this week's chart.

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My Hero Academia and Jujutsu Kaisen are top 2 most selling manga in France.
Dr. Stone is number 3 in the anime list.
lol.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That statement about Jujutsu Kaisen and MHA only refers to titles published by Ki-oon itself, I'm pretty sure. Doesn't make much sense otherwise.

RafGL

Reaction score
Country
Spain
After being completely out of stock and even unavailable to buy for a few hours, Phantom Seer seems to be now restocked in Amazon. Wonder if we'll see some warehouse reprint or if it was some distribution issues, even though there's quite a good amount of tweets and comments regarding low stock available of the series.

There's quite a few series with signs of stock going quickly down such as Kaijuu 8 or even Yuuna-san, and of course Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Edit 15 minutes later: Nevermind, it's all gone again.

Last edited:

animeexpert

Reaction score
Country
Japan
After being completely out of stock and even unavailable to buy for a few hours, Phantom Seer seems to be now restocked in Amazon. Wonder if we'll see some warehouse reprint or if it was some distribution issues, even though there's quite a good amount of tweets and comments regarding low stock available of the series.

There's quite a few series with signs of stock going quickly down such as Kaijuu 8 or even Yuuna-san, and of course Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Phantom mid

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States

Edit 15 minutes later: Nevermind, it's all gone again.
Seems like Shueisha really underestimated demand

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Not bad for Phantom Seer lol it’s starting to remind me of Magu-Chan’s situation from not to long ago

Rukasu

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shueisha is really on another level on Kaiju no. 8' marketing. Now they made a fake newscast reporting kaiju incidents and the emergence of Kaiju no.8 (it even is "sponsored" by the Defense Corps lol)

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
Shueisha is really on another level on Kaiju no. 8' marketing. Now they made a fake newscast reporting kaiju incidents and the emergence of Kaiju no.8 (it even is "sponsored" by the Defense Corps lol)

Gotta admit. That's some great marketing.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I’ll be honest, I was a little worried since they didn’t show any early signs they were going to really push the first volume, but I’m glad.

Aiwass_97

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Honto (December 4th):

01. Kimetsu no Yaiba #23
02. Kimetsu no Yaiba Gaiden
04. Kimetsu no Yaiba #23 Special Edition
07. Ao no Exorcist #26
08. Kaijuu 8-gou #01
09. Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido-hen #05