Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 336 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would honestly like a new jump magazine. Since most of the other jump magazines are gag and action based I would like this magazine to be more diverse tho along the lines of a monthly shonen sunday or monthly shonen magazine. If they do make one it would probably be bessatsu shonen jump. So kind of a mixture of a special issue and a independent serial similar to bessatsu shonen magazine and shonen sunday super.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
digital manga future means its unnecessary to make or launch new magazines, see how explosive Kaiju no 8 and Spy x Family are, they could have been forgettable if published in some new unheard or niche magazine.

julidagx

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I would honestly like a new jump magazine. Since most of the other jump magazines are gag and action based I would like this magazine to be more diverse tho along the lines of a monthly shonen sunday or monthly shonen magazine. If they do make one it would probably be bessatsu shonen jump. So kind of a mixture of a special issue and a independent serial similar to bessatsu shonen magazine and shonen sunday super.
Isn't that covered by Jump SQ?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
JumpSQ was literally called "Monthly Shonen Jump" before, so yeah, would be redundant to create a new mag from the ground, or they could just turn Giga into a monthly publication if they wanted something even more Jump-ish

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I would like this magazine to be more diverse tho along the lines of a monthly shonen sunday or monthly shonen magazine.
then just read monthly shonen sunday and monthly shonen magazine

a special issue and a independent serial similar to bessatsu shonen magazine and shonen sunday super.
then just read bessatsu shonen magazine and shonen sunday super

is there any reason why do you want jump to make a magazine that is like other magazines instead of just reading those?

Thundercat27

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Imagine being so salty about some axed manga and demanding the creation of a whole new magazine. Peak Karen. Have you people heard the news of manga magazine closing everywhere?
If you hate WSJ decisions that much then do what @Mammo said, read other magazines. Seriously, just look how barren other magazine threads are.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Imagine being so salty about some axed manga and demanding the creation of a whole new magazine. Peak Karen. Have you people heard the news of manga magazine closing everywhere?
If you hate WSJ decisions that much then do what @Mammo said, read other magazines. Seriously, just look how barren other magazine threads are.
I didn’t even say any of that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

then just read monthly shonen sunday and monthly shonen magazine

then just read bessatsu shonen magazine and shonen sunday super

is there any reason why do you want jump to make a magazine that is like other magazines instead of just reading those?
Seriously u guys are salty for no reason. I didn’t say jump was in a bad place or complaining just said I would be interested if they made another magazine. Ofc I know they don’t need it right now but I mean more content on manga plus the better. Also half of the serials on the magazines u mentioned aren’t officially released let alone scanlated.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Before open your mouth about "creating new magazine", have some reality check

What happened to having a real discussion? Now u just have a mere thought which wasn’t even saying was feasible just simply saying it would be nice to have it and you guys want to be jerks.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Seriously u guys are salty for no reason. I didn’t say jump was in a bad place or complaining just said I would be interested if they made another magazine. Ofc I know they don’t need it right now but I mean more content on manga plus the better. Also half of the serials on the magazines u mentioned aren’t officially released let alone scanlated.
I'm taking your complaint at face value, and in my eyes it's irrational

Jump doesn't have a monopoly on the manga market, if you don't like what they're are offering but like their competitors products then what's stopping you from going to their competitors? would you walk into a Nike's store and ask them to make shoes like Adidas? Adidas exists, just go to Adidas

and about the English releases, there's no guarantee a new Jump magazine wold get its title translated, half the titles on Jump Sq, V Jump, Young Jump, Ultra Jump etc... aren't translated either

Thundercat27

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
What happened to having a real discussion? Now u just have a mere thought which wasn’t even saying was feasible just simply saying it would be nice to have it and you guys want to be jerks.
Having a real discussion does not mean talking fantasy.
Printed magazine, not just manga one, is a dying industry.
There are exception, of course, like what is Harta doing. But Harta is a exceptionally unique case.
Meanwhile, do you really think Shuisha have any incentives to do that?

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm taking your complain at face value, and in my eyes it's irrational

Jump doesn't have a monopoly on the manga market, if you don't like what they're are offering but like their competitors products then what's stopping you from going to their competitors? would you walk into a Nike's store and ask them to make shoes like Adidas? Adidas exists, just go to Adidas

and about the English releases, there's no guarantee a new Jump magazine wold get its title translated, half the titles on Jump Sq, V Jump, Young Jump, Ultra Jump etc... aren't translated either
I wasn’t even complaining it is a thought.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But yea good point I didn’t consider half of those ngl y’all just came at me the wrong way.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I've seen people in the past where they wouldn't read manga outside the Jump-universe, and I've seen people ask for atypical Jump titles to be published in Jump like moe and isekai

so I'm curious as to why (I'm guessing brand loyalty)

your post wishing for a new magazine that's like other magazines gave me an opportunity to ask more on that topic

but your following posts explained your issue is accessibility and translations, so my quest have been foiled

Thundercat27

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I've seen people in the past where they wouldn't read manga outside the Jump-universe, and I've seen people ask for atypical Jump titles to be published in Jump like moe and isekai
People used to think (or maybe still think) Fairy Tail and Fullmetal Alchemist are from Jump. To them, all manga (or at least just action-shounen) are from Jump.
I don't want to sound like a gatekeeping snob, but Christ, people really need to lurk moar.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Monthly Oricon Ranking (by Series): April (April 05 - May 02)

01. Jujutsu Kaisen (2,278,748)
03. Kimetsu no Yaiba (831,481)
04. Kingdom (702,835)
05. Boku no Hero Academia (640,952)
10. Dr. Stone (306,432)
12. Haikyuu!! (265,805)
13. Chainsaw Man (246,484)
14. Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Tokyo Toritsu Jujutsu Koutou Senmon Gakkou (244,451)
15. Yuru Camp △ (241,700)
20. Yakusoku no Neverland (201,812)

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Monthly Oricon Ranking (by Series): April (April 05 - May 02)

01. Jujutsu Kaisen (2,278,748)
03. Kimetsu no Yaiba (831,481)
04. Kingdom (702,835)
05. Boku no Hero Academia (640,952)
10. Dr. Stone (306,432)
12. Haikyuu!! (265,805)
13. Chainsaw Man (246,484)
14. Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Tokyo Toritsu Jujutsu Koutou Senmon Gakkou (244,451)
15. Yuru Camp △ (241,700)
20. Yakusoku no Neverland (201,812)
Kaisen is good but I think its safe to say it wouldnt repeat Kimetsu success

lobito180

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I guess people just know more Jump titles because they are more likely to get scanlated or an official release.
I don't read Edited Mangas anymore so I'm not very aware of what other magazines are offering.
I could say I want more series like Don't Blush, Sekime-san!, from J+, and I bet there are plenty out there, they just don't have that Jump brand recognition.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I guess people just know more Jump titles because they are more likely to get scanlated or an official release.
Shouldnt next question be why Jump gets more official release? If we would completely honest we would just admit Jump has better mangas than other mags. I meas as whole lineup.

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
Shouldnt next question be why Jump gets more official release? If we would completely honest we would just admit Jump has better mangas than other mags. I meas as whole lineup.
You should actually try series from other magazines before you say that

Status
Not open for further replies.