Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 385 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tsugi ni Kuru nominations announced. https://tsugimanga.jp/nominate2021-comics/

From Jump:
Blue Box
Witch Watch
Sakamoto Days
The Elusive Samurai
Magu Chan
Roboco

From Jump+ in the webmanga category:
Aragane no Ko
Kaiju no 8
Ron Kamonohashi
Gaming Ojosama
Dandadan

Undead Unluck won this award last year for context, though tbh I think Frieren from Sunday will win easily this time around.
Blue Box doesnt even has 10 chapters published yet lol

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dandadan also doesn't have many chapters published yet right?
Yes but Dandadan popularity is a lot more "palpable" than Blue Box, at least in the moment, unless the people behind the award already know how well is doing but they included Mitama Security, so in the end it probably don't matter much.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tsugi ni Kuru nominations announced. https://tsugimanga.jp/nominate2021-comics/

From Jump:
Blue Box
Witch Watch
Sakamoto Days
The Elusive Samurai
Magu Chan
Roboco

From Jump+ in the webmanga category:
Aragane no Ko
Kaiju no 8
Ron Kamonohashi
Gaming Ojosama
Dandadan

Undead Unluck won this award last year for context, though tbh I think Frieren from Sunday will win easily this time around.
Off topic I know, but I wonder why Suicide Girl is in the Web manga category when it runs in Ultra Jump? Not that I'm unhappy that a Nakayama series got nominated.

BX-02BLODIA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a little fun fact. I went though old Jump covers and found that in it's 111 chapter run from 1971 to late 1973, Kouya no Shonen Isamu received the cover 36 times in total. And this isn't even counting the total amount of the times the series was placed on the cover at all. If we count all that then Isamu was placed somewhere prominent in the cover 84 times throughout it's run.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
5? The last 2 volumes are going to be thick because there are 22 chapters to be compiled, is basically 11 ch for each, i was even expecting some extra chapter to fill a supposed vol 6 but well, good to see a "please look forward", i dont know if Tamura will try to come back but tbf despite not being a success Cop & Dolphin was treated quite better than the last veterans that didnt succeed, it also ranked overall much better, so maybe the editors arent seeing the series as some big failure and are willing to keep working with Tamura.

KiMiTo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Jump #28:

Great:
Jujutsu Kaisen
- Such a badass short chapter! Maki got no chills!
One Piece - That cliffhanger before the break though. Nami and Zeus are such a hilarious duo. Seems like Tama will have even more impact for the battle.
Sakamoto Days - Great chapter with awesome artwork as usual! The assassin girl likes Teddy Sakamoto 😃
Kowloon's Ball Parade - What a hype chapter! Could it be that Nak will keep it in the magazine for at least one more volume? Let's gooo!

Good:
Blue Box
- Taiki, hang in there, bro 😃
The Elusive Samurai - The CP is so good, man. Matsui nailed it! The battles are heating up too. Let's see what that Budha stance will do.
Witch Watch - Just hilarious.

Fine:
Candy Flurry
- Nice chapter. She got mad at the end. Prepare yourself, Popcorn man!

Meh:
I tell C
- Not a bad conclusion of the case. Still meh though. Now the axe is coming or they'll keep it, because of JJK absency?

About ToC #29:
So happy for Blue Box getting the top spot. TES and Sakamoto Days keep doing great and Candy Flurry seems to hanging there.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Just a little fun fact. I went though old Jump covers and found that in it's 111 chapter run from 1971 to late 1973, Kouya no Shonen Isamu received the cover 36 times in total. And this isn't even counting the total amount of the times the series was placed on the cover at all. If we count all that then Isamu was placed somewhere prominent in the cover 84 times throughout it's run.
Kouya no Shonen Isamu was kind of WSJ's first super hit I think. I don't think we have print numbers for it, but the fact that it received a rare re-edition (That costed 1,500 per volume, even more expensive than Kanzenbans) to commemorate WSJ's 50th anniversary kinda cemented that it was some sort of gem of WSJ catalog or something.

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kouya no Shonen Isamu was kind of WSJ's first super hit I think. I don't think we have print numbers for it, but the fact that it received a rare re-edition (That costed 1,500 per volume, even more expensive than Kanzenbans) to commemorate WSJ's 50th anniversary kinda cemented that it was some sort of gem of WSJ catalog or something.
It's debatable if Jump's first big hit was either Otoko Ippiki or Harenchi Gauken, considering that they left a larger impact in I guess manga as a whole (Otoko Ippiki was the first step in battle series while Harenchi was essentially the first ecchi). Not to say that Isamu wasn't succsessful or anything; It's ToC placements were VERY high for pretty much it's whole run, the amount of covers it had makes it one of the featured cover series in Jump's history, especially considering it's realativly short run , constant re-releases through the years and the anime of course. But makes me wonder why Jump never really invested in Westerns after that.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's debatable if Jump's first big hit was either Otoko Ippiki or Harenchi Gauken, considering that they left a larger impact in I guess manga as a whole (Otoko Ippiki was the first step in battle series while Harenchi was essentially the first ecchi). Not to say that Isamu wasn't succsessful or anything; It's ToC placements were VERY high for pretty much it's whole run, the amount of covers it had makes it one of the featured cover series in Jump's history, especially considering it's realativly short run , constant re-releases through the years and the anime of course. But makes me wonder why Jump never really invested in Westerns after that.
If Western is a dead genre here, imagine in Japan, the closest thing to a relevant western series that i know today is Black Tiger by Osamu Akimoto on Grand Jump, last time i checked it sold 8k

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
My Hero Academia S5 2nd Cour PV and Visual
I guess they're rearranging the arcs, that makes sense if they want to end the season on a big climax.

Are there any new WSJ anime starting next season? Or just continuations of this and Toei stuff?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I guess they're rearranging the arcs, that makes sense if they want to end the season on a big climax.

Are there any new WSJ anime starting next season? Or just continuations of this and Toei stuff?
Only One Piece, Boruto, Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS and Dai no Daibouken

Lil meen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would morso say otoko ipikki popularize the yankee genre. In terms of battle it wasn’t really revolutionary in that. Otoko is kind of a similar case with ashita no joe, both have battle elements and the such but I wouldn’t completely classify them as battle manga.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was Fuma no Kojiro a big hit? Is there any updated circulation number for it?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #28 (2021) - VOTING

If you didn't voted yet but want to, the voting thread for the issue #28 will keep open until Sunday, you can vote HERE!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.