Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 481 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To be fair "PPPPPP" really sounds like what a gag/comedy manga would sound, just like "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo", so it wouldn't be a surprise at the least if is a comedy manga, but well, surprise us Nakano :p

Also, if is 2 (or even 3) new series, they're for sure in the preview with PPPPPP, so we will know about it soon too

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To be fair "PPPPPP" really sounds like what a gag/comedy manga would sound, just like "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo", so it wouldn't be a surprise at the least if is a comedy manga, but well, surprise us Nakano :p

Also, if is 2 (or even 3) new series, they're for sure in the preview with PPPPPP, so we will know about it soon too
Look, Shinuki, what WSJ is less needing for comedy.

Unless magu chan, HSF, Robocco, witch watch, yozakura and mashle are about to be cancelled. Which I doubt.

Minsel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe PPPPPP stands for something. Like Professional Protection Possessing Powerful Pieces of a Puzzle

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
It's hard to imagine a more serious manga having a title like that though, even if it stands for something. Imagine chatting with a friend and saying "hey have you seen that new fighting anime PPPPPP yet? it's pretty good", they'd think you were making fun of something.

Though maybe an over the top silly sports series like Keijo!!!!!!!! could work with that (I've no idea of what sport it'd fit however).

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's hard to imagine a more serious manga having a title like that though, even if it stands for something. Imagine chatting with a friend and saying "hey have you seen that new fighting anime PPPPPP yet? it's pretty good", they'd think you were making fun of something.

Though maybe an over the top silly sports series like Keijo!!!!!!!! could work with that (I've no idea of what sport it'd fit however).
But silly manga that don't take themselves seriously, we already have 6 and now it's going to be back to 7.

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn R.I.P to Candy Flurry. I was enjoying it for how silly/stupid it was, but the writing was on the wall from the start. As for what's replacing it, I don't want to judge a book by its cover. However, I can't imagine a series called "PPPPPP" is gonna blow my mind.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

Guys, making a genre prediction about a series because a funny title isn't any problem, but please, let's not derail the thread again with another talk about how much comedy/gag series Jump already have, and if they are or not selling enough, If anyone keeps forcing this talk, the comments will be deleted, we don't even have a preview picture yet.
~ Shinuki

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada

it doesn't have to be a gag to not be serious though. Dandadan probably looks pretty silly in Japanese (ダンダダン) or you have stuff like Asano's "Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction" (デッドデッドデーモンズデデデデデストラクション) . Both have comedic elements to them (also weirdly both aliens) but I wouldn't call either a gag (or serious).

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, before the potential 2nd series is revealed, making my wild guess that will be a veteran, Fujimaki (Kuroko) or Naoshi (Nisekoi)

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Naoshi Komi just did a One Piece special though, it'd seem weird to have a creator publish a one-off chapter in the magazine then have a full new completely unrelated series just a few issues later. Magazine does stuff like that but Jump seems to take big gaps for planning and getting things ready.

Rukasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think if it were by a veteran then Yonkou would've leaked it already, so I'm betting on a newbie

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s gonna be Sawai

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think if it were by a veteran then Yonkou would've leaked it already, so I'm betting on a newbie
Supposedly Yonkou only get the ToC page where the next cover+lead cp is featured in the bottom, but not the preview page, this is why he never leak the color pages.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well there's our answer

Magu chan above Jujutsu Kaisen. Magu chan stays winning.

Red Hood ranking does confirm that the busty lady and the distracting distasteful camera angles were a last ditch effort to score some votes but those fans are enjoying themselves with AyaTri which has been firing on all cylinders.

Ravellino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I like to see Kawada comeback

dreamsinsleep

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
RIP Candy Flurry

Red Hood and Neru's placements again are beginning to be cause for concern. The extra RH hamlet chapters weren't well received, and while you could say that things are better since they left, the question is if the hole is too deep to climb back out of. I thought Candy improved as well after Irie was introduced and the exam started...but it was already a lost cause. RH has had a lot more hype and attention good and bad, so it has a decent chance of making it out of this

Oh, and I stole the idea from elsewhere, but I'm definitely going to abbreviate the new series as P6 (or maybe stylised as p ^6)

galaxy-juice

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do we know the author for PP yet?

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

zjans