Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 491 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's going to be literally the 5th cover for Dr. Stone this year + the lead cp in the last double issue! Please Nakano, there are other series in the magazine that needs more promotion... :emocat
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Magu-chan been really hight these last weeks, and Undead going from a cover to bottom 3 lol

Issue 44 with chapter 100 of Yozakura, it has to be... :noworry

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Magu chan fans rise up. We got another incredibly high rank. Anime announcement has to be incoming.

Minsel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue 44 with chapter 100 of Yozakura, it has to be... :noworry
30 pages, cover, lcp, anime announcement, popularity poll, huge plot chapter, volume 10 release, 1 million circulation announcement.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
30 pages, cover, lcp, anime announcement, popularity poll, huge plot chapter, volume 10 release, 1 million circulation announcement.
The crazy thing is that issue #44 with the 100th chapter will be release October 4, the day volume 10 will be released too, so if Yozakura gets the cover, it means they purposedly waited to sync everything together, it would be the perfect moment to announce a anime adaptation, but i don't want to jinx it...

galaxy-juice

Reaction score
Country
United States
Magu chan fans rise up. We got another incredibly high rank. Anime announcement has to be incoming.
Undead Unluck fans hide in shame. Another incredibly low rank. Axe has to be around the corner.

All jokes aside we really have been saying "Yozakura cover has to be be next week" for like five weeks in a row now. I really hope they go for the sync though.

And even though Dr. Stone hasn't had a cover in 19 weeks (not counting the group LCP) it still feels a little underwhelming. I can't believe Black Clover didn't get one for its popularity poll.

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
I dont understand how UU can go from the cover to the bottom 3, it doesn't make sense to me.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Undead Unlock is probably the next Hinomaru Zumou. Will get its anime when the series is ready to conclude.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont understand how UU can go from the cover to the bottom 3, it doesn't make sense to me.
I mean UU went from like bottom 5 for a couple weeks to top 3 just last month iirc, at this point outside of the pure axebait (candy, RHk, neru or super established series like MHA, OP, Stone) all the series just fluctuate up and down

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Red Hood still in the boring chapters but Neru didn't deserve this last place tho...

Manjiknights

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kawaguchi should just come back later with another series tbh. Red Hood has a solid foundation for an interesting world, the setpieces look great and the action has been getting better as well but instead of going on hunting adventures they're doing generic exam drivel with flat characters and clunky pacing. I liked chapters 6-7 quite a bit for at least having glimpses of things I like but these last two chapters were just text walls between a few cool paneling moments and I've effectively given up on it surviving anyway. Can understand what people see in Kawaguchi's potential but don't understand what everyone sees in this particular series. Debonair might be one of the silliest character designs I've ever seen

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Undead Unlock is probably the next Hinomaru Zumou. Will get its anime when the series is ready to conclude.
The only hinomaru zumou that I see are Yozakura who already has more than 10 volumes without having surpassed 80K yet.
And magu chan that I didn't even follow managed to get out of 20K.
If undead unluck wins an anime, it has a much better chance of increasing sales and on top of that it can finish now in the current arc.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Dr Stone was due the cover, the other 4 top series have had one more recently and so have Yozakura, Mashle, Undead, Sakamoto, Elusive Samurai, and Blue Box.

Yozakura getting the cover afterwards on ch 100 sounds very possible. After that Witch Watch still hasn't had one yet so maybe we'll see that soon? Otherwise we're also due Jujutsu Kaisen and Black Clover covers since they've been the next longest without one after Dr Stone (aside from series who've never had a second cover of course).

Definitely not looking good for Red Hood or Neru taking up the bottom two, but I never expected either to perform well.

Makes me wonder if Jump's planning on having a batch of 3 series to kick off 2022 and that's why we're only getting PPPPPP this round.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The only hinomaru zumou that I see are Yozakura who already has more than 10 volumes without having surpassed 80K yet.
Neither Undead do that, and is even slowly declining in sales with the last 2 volumes while Yozakura is growing, so this isn't the best comparison Stivie.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
And magu chan that I didn't even follow managed to get out of 20K.
If undead unluck wins an anime, it has a much better chance of increasing sales and on top of that it can finish now in the current arc.
May I suggest that you read Magu chan? It is a fantastic lovely series with the most adorable characters, sentimental plot, and incredibly cool action. I am sure you would love it.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Neither Undead do that, and is even slowly declining in sales with the last 2 volumes while Yozakura is growing, so this isn't the best comparison Stivie.
And yet Undead has more covers than Yozakura. And even though yozakura slowly grew in sales and eventually surpassed Undead, now there's a blue box that's been selling a lot more than both of them, so overall yozakura is in the same condition.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

May I suggest that you read Magu chan? It is a fantastic lovely series with the most adorable characters, sentimental plot, and incredibly cool action. I am sure you would love it.
I've already tried and dropped it in the 2nd chapter, since the dialogues don't lead anywhere and there's also robocco that's practically the same.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And yet Undead has more covers than Yozakura. And even though yozakura slowly grew in sales and eventually surpassed Undead, now there's a blue box that's been selling a lot more than both of them, so overall yozakura is in the same condition.
Not getting your point Stivie, both Yozakura and Undead are doing fine, Yozakura potentially surpassing, what Blue Box has anything to do with it? BB success will not reduce Yozakura (or UU) achievements.

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not getting your point Stivie, both Yozakura and Undead are doing fine, Yozakura potentially surpassing, what Blue Box has anything to do with it? BB success will not reduce Yozakura (or UU) achievements.
What reduces the potential of Yozakura and UU are the authors themselves who are not being able to attract more readers, and in the case of UU sales are at a standstill.

So, I think the author of UU should finish the manga while it's with good narrative quality, just like it was with kimetsu.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What reduces the potential of Yozakura and UU are the authors themselves who are not being able to attract more readers, and in the case of UU sales are at a standstill.

So, I think the author of UU should finish the manga while it's with good narrative quality, just like it was with kimetsu.
But Yozakura is growing in sales, so is attracting more readers lol (and UU like you said, has potential to grow more with a anime)

Stivie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
But Yozakura is growing in sales, so is attracting more readers lol (and UU like you said, has potential to grow more with a anime)
Not enough, after all with 10 volumes it hasn't even reached 80k in a single volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.