Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 536 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Aipom626

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This week's top 5:
1. Magu-chan: God of Destruction - Very cute chapter. I appreciate that time seems to pass at a steady pace, as Ruru looks like she's gotten a little bit older since the beginning of the series.
2. Mission: Yozakura Family - Finally another chapter with a decent amount of Mutsumi in it. I'd love to see even more screentime for Mutsumi, especially her moments caring for Taiyo. Looks like we have some more villains in our near future too.
3. Undead Unluck - Fuuko definitely in peak form this week as her upcoming battle gets underway. This is the most hyped I've been over Undead Unluck in quite a long time.
4. High School Family: Kokosei Kazoku - The shogi chapters are usually pretty good, and this was another one that followed the same pattern. Hard to not think about Double Taisei whenever I see shogi mentioned though lol.
5. Blue Box - That lead CP was really well-done, and the chapter itself had a really nice message to it as well. Although I don't care for the sports aspect of the series, inspirational moments like this can help promote some important messages to the readers.

The best of the rest:
6. Sakamoto Days - I'm curious how these next two serial killers are going to play out. The first two were pretty lackluster, but I have a bit higher hopes for the last two guys. That deer dude creeps me out a bit though lol.
7. Witch Watch - The chapter itself was pretty good, but obviously likely would've been funnier to those familiar with the textbooks. The end of the chapter, however, was super hilarious and has me incredibly pumped.
8. Ayakashi Triangle - Suzu really stepping it up by taking on that physical sacrifice. I can't wait to see how Matsuri is going to help contribute to the ongoing battle, as well as save the hungry dude.
9. Me & Roboco - The chapter itself alright, but pretty predictable overall. By now, I'm pretty sure every reader should know that the best friends are actually genuinely nice people, so the gag felt a little played out by the ending.
10. Mashle - Another pretty standard chapter of Mashle. The ending panel was pretty nice, but for Mash's many chapter-ending one-liners, this one was still on the weaker end.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Shitsuren Beginning by Ichi no He is the 3rd Entry of the 15th Golden Future Cup.(Same with the second entry in my opinion, did not enjoy it however i did find his art style to be very unique and interesting that i think could work over on Jump Plus)

damn this jump festa is so promising. I really love the art of this one, and greatly appreciated the previous one.
Do you guys have some raws?

Discomusic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
1. Sakamoto Days: There were plenty of things I wanted to discuss but OH MY GOD IF HE DARES TO DO WHAT I THINK HE WANTS TO DO I SWEAR I –
2. Undead Unluck: Spring rules, and any chapter about him is ranked high by default. Fuuko was also great, which is welcomed.
3. Witch Watch: Never laughed so much in ages, every non-native english speaker can relate. Maybe Shinohara wanted to apologize to the translation team after last week, with a chapter about textbook english?
4. One Piece: Last week I was just asking myself “Wasn’t there also that other fight still goig on?”. Indeed there was, and this week it got resolved – in usual epic One Piece fashion.
5. Ayakashi Triangle: This is now an unexpectedly good battle manga. Matsuri and Suzu were both great today, and they deserve to win this fight. Poor Hinojiki deserves it too.
6. Blue Box: I expecially liked when Chinatsu expected a question from Taiki due to an old chapter promise, but he is not in the same mood of that time, felt very real. Next week we’ll pick up from where we were interrupted!
7. The Elusive Samurai: Today we learned a bit of feudal Japan history, we were reminded that the main villain is a real creep, and we set up the next battle that I suppose will also be the next arc. A very positive balance for the week.
8. Jujutsu Kaisen: After quite some time, this is a chapter that I liked. The lawyer is a strong, interesting character with a personality and a part of me wants to see what is his endgame. Please Yuji be gentle with him.
9. Highschool Family: I never read Hikaru no Go, but I wonder if there was a subplot like that. In any case, thanks to this Shogi arc, now Haruka is an interesting character. Congratulations!
10. PPPPPP: The good news: Title drop, arc that doesn’t end in a week, and an interesting new character. The bad news: why does it always have to end in depression?
11. Neru: Way of the Martial artist: I remember when this fight was set up that I complained about how fast it happened, but now that the fight itself is developing in many chapters and is really enjoyable I can’t complain anymore (this may also be an axe technique: use all the time you have left highlighting this fight, because you won’t have enough time for another one).
12. Magu-chan: God of Destruction: This was a fun chapter. Uneras is a real troll, she blew me away. And apparently there is something in the air that required a bit of foreshadowing.
13. Black Clover: Another fight concludes (apparently). A stronger enemy is hinted, and I feel sorry for Zenon being the only one who believed to said enemy's delusions about true peace.
14. Mission Yozakura Family: A breather episode after all the adrenaline of the previous weeks, but it is not a bad thing. We got the chance to process all the informations and there was even a cliffhanger at the end. Of course there was a cliffhanger at the end.
15. Mashle: Ok, I admit that was smart of him. Apart from that, it’s plain old Mash doin’ Mash things.
16. Dr. Stone: New science! And…failure? Really? In Dr. Stone? That’s rather rare. The best part is that the secret rescue team gained important time from this misfortune.
17. The Hunters guild: Red Hood: At least this time we can see what the author had in mind for its endgame. I hope they learned a few lessons from this and will return more experienced less prone to silly mistakes.
18. Me & Roboco: Most chapters are almost equal now. Take a (arguably) funny joke and repeat it ad nauseam. Roboco needs to meet again her new enemies and develop that sort of plot it has a little more.

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
My top-3 of the week: Jujutsu Kaisen, Black Clover, One Piece

I've felt this week being a very weak week. Higuruma (JJK) has carried Shonen Jump for me this week

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
P^6 and Neru keep bringing a smile to my fave.

Magu chan was actually my favorite chapter of the week.

Blue Box was disappointing, way too animey and tropey with that final moment. Chinatsu is so OOC

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Neru still doesn't seem to be showing any signs of ending despite Red Hood clearly being in rush mode trying to shove it all the plot ideas it has before it ends. I wonder if there's a chance it'll live this round?

I think it's more likely that it wants to focus on showing this fight in full then finish openly (not all series rush an ending after all, some just go normally then stop), but I suppose we won't know for sure until the next batch is out.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I just died when i read this:

:XD :XD :XD

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Whenever a series is axed I try to understand if the ending got close to what was the original plan or not.
I believe Red Hood really just skipped, like, hundreds of chapters. I believe the end must have been planned to have this sort of plot twist as it is been shown.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I think it would be interesting to see where Red Hood would go if it actually didn't end now and got until ch 27 like the Samurai 8 batch, would it do a long final fight with the current characters? Lots of infodumps? Or bring in all the later monsters and villains he had planned for a big battle to show off the designs? Neru's easy to guess since it'd mean a couple more fights showing off different martial arts, but it's hard to guess what 12 more chapters from here would mean for Red Hood.

Though I suppose it wouldn't have started the current content if it wasn't getting axed in few issues, it probably would've just spent even more time on the exam and explored the HQ a bit, maybe fought another werewolf, before doing the same thing it is now at the same pace.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

On a side note, when are the manga+ IDs due to update?

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did we get the covers for the November volumes?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To a certain extent I can relate to that everyone have that manga they really want to believe it's not going to get axe for me it was the last saiyuki and mitama security.
True, but you can't get more "i got canceled already" than Red Hood at the moment, is just too blatantly obvious :p

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #47 (2021) - VOTING

The thread for Poll & Comment voting of the issue #47 is open, you can vote HERE!

The extra series this week are:

Dragon Ball Super 77
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 63

Obs: Last issue had very few comment votes, so i hope this week we have more users voting :kkthumbs

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
S Tier

A Tier

1. Sakamoto Days
2. Jujutsu Kaisen

B Tier
3. Yozakura Family
4. High School Family
5. PPPPPP
6. Undead Unluck
7. Blue Box
8. Black Clover

C Tier
9. MASHLE
10. Dr. Stone
11. Me & Roboco
12. The Elusive Samurai
13. Witch Watch
14. Neru

D Tier
15. Ayakashi Triangle
16. Magu Chan

F Tier
17. Red Hood
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shoseki 10/24

#2 JJK
#5 MHA
#46 MASHLE
#56 Black Clover
#104 Blue Box
#189 Yozakura Family
#218 Ayakashi Triangle
#320 Undead Unluck

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
WSJ #47 Authors comments :

I'm curious now, about that anime Oda mentioned, Uma Musume !

Wsj #48 preview :

Blue box author.... so humble. Your art is so beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.