Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion! | Page 598 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Cthulhu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Comments seem mostly positive for Green Green Green on Animanch (mainly cause some didn't have high expectations for golf) 👀

Sarastro

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
All of my predictions were right somehow lol.

My predictions are:
Demon Bride, Ginka, and Ichigoki are getting axed, and maybe so is P6.
Surely enough, all of them got axed, even P6.

Cipher is going to be a moderate success, with a dedicated fanbase.
I think that's the case today, Cipher is a niche series with a dedicated fanbase that's performing just well enough not to get axed.

Ichinose and Ruri are going to be even more popular, establishing them as huge hits.
Saleswise both Ruri and Ichinose were huge hits, even though they couldn't keep that going for long. I'm still rooting for Ruri, I hope it comes back someday.

Hunter x Hunter is going to get shorter hiatuses than before.
Yep. Togashi is even regularly informing us of his progress on Twitter now.

We are going to get lots of generic battle shounen to fill the gap left by Black Clover and Hero Academia, and they are all going to be axed like Red Hood and Ayashimon.
We sure didn't get the next big battle shounen this year, and the writing is on the wall that the likes of Kagura Bachi and Mama Yuyu are getting axed, so I say I got this prediction right too.

JBC008

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Now for my predictions on the current series and what to expect for the future.

Current Series:

-One Piece: Will finish Egghead Island in 2-4 months and go to Elbaf, Saturn is defeated by being incapacitated.,we see Imu's face, the crew splits up again, and the set final pieces for this war against all of the threats of the world. Also news on Season 2 of the LA series primarily to casting (prediction that Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Kureha and Xolo Maridueña as Ace).

-Hunter x Hunter: Will finally come out and say where it is being transferred to.

-My Hero Academia: The series will finish in April to June of 2024. Season 7 will appear in the summer season, and the 4th movie in the Spring (or in the Fall as a way to conclude the series after the main series).

-Jujutsu Kaisen: Will probably end in the Fall of 2024. New light novel will come.

-Mission Yozakura Family: Will end in late 2024 to early 2024. Anime will appear in the Spring of 2024 only to a modest boost. If it gets a video game, a different selection set for the Switch that will cater to different minigames to the Yozakura Family.

-Undead Unluck: Will end in 2025. But will do all of the recruitment during that time. First finishing recruiting Enjin, then Andy, Sadako, Tatiana, Backs, Top, Juiz, and Ruin (we will have different genres as we have seen since the new loop and after someone here metioned we might get a romance/idol drama arc [Sadako], Sports [Top], and the rest I am not sure). If pushed more and would get a game, it will either be an RPG or Fighting game (but then again, that is asking to much and I know that the anime isn't helpping blow it up as much).

-Me & Roboco: Will either end at chapter 199-200 (being a total of 20 volumes), or keep on going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going......................and, going. Will not end in 2024.

-Sakamoto Days: Anime announcement. And will finish the current arc but will be on the levels of a 50+ chapter arc. I really don't think the Slur saga will come to an end yet. I do think it might have 2-3 more years left. And as a promotion, probably a new chain of convenient stores dedicated to Sakamoto Days (but that will be WAY down the line).

-The Elusive Samurai: Will probably end near the end of 2024 to early 2025. The anime will air in October (Fall of 2024), and it will be a decent boost but not mega boost.

-Witch Watch: Anime announcement. And Nico will collect 8 Butterflies, but the final 2 will be on a quest and go back to action in 2025. Some new light novels will come out and a cd drama.

-Blue Box: Will get more into the sports side of things, new character romance drama for some not yet to already established characters. And the anime will not come out until 2025.

-Akane-banashi: Anime announcement. Also more push from the Rakugo world and a world showcase of Rakugo. That or a stage play.

-RuriDragon: Will return and transfer to Jump+.

-Cipher Academy: Will come to an end in the middle to the end of 2024.

-Kill Blue: Will hop between the middle to the back of the magazine, and will introduce 1-2 new Unicorns while also going back to some hostage situations for Noren and slight exposure risk on Ogami.

-Nue's Exorcist: Might get to stay if it introduces a big arc. But other than that nothing changes, unless the magazine gets better series in 2024 and it could be a casualty. But right now, I think it is safe.

-Martial Master Asumi: Will be canceled in the Spring of 2024.

-MamaYuyu: Axed

-Kagurabachi: 50/50 on either axe or will last a bit longer.

-Two on Ice: Axed

-Green Green Greens and Ruirui: To early to tell.

Predictions on new series:

-Batch of 10-12 new titles

-2-3 returning established veterans (Komi, Aso, Tsutsui, Usazaki [with a new writer] or Sorachi [I will not count Furudate or Gotouge due to their series in animated form needing to end before they start])

-5-7 failed artist's looking to get a second chance. Some of those include The Phantom Seer Duo, Daijiro Nonoue, Genkai Ono, Santa Mitarashi, and maybe Kazusa Inaoka.

-For Newbies, we will get that one-shot that won the GFC, and maybe Taishin Uemura.

-For genres 6 battle manga (1 Fantasy Adventure [in the same vein as Dragon Ball, Dragon Quest: The Adventure's of Dai, One Piece, and Toriko], 2 Spy/Assasin, 2 Supernatural Exorcist, and 1 Sci/Fi), 2 Sports, 1 Comedy/Gag, 1 Romace, 1 Mystery/Detective, and 1 Miscelenious (probabily slice of life or something like that).

-Nakano will step down in 2024 and he will be replaced with either Saito or Honda (which I am personally rooting for the latter).

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I hope you all post the comments in the 2024 thread because the new predictions were supposed to be made there lol

Anyway, not a wonder Ryo thought Two on Ice could have ended,this chapter was a perfect "final chapter".

Going to check GGG later.

Magister Xehanort

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
By the way, Kagurabachi is now getting a Spanish translation! Is this a good thing, a good sign for the manga? Mainly because they don't usually translate a new series without a famous author so quickly, right? Is this a good sign for the future and life of the series?

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At least Two on Green, I mean, GGG, will be Solo on the magazine when Two on Ice is axed in some weeks.

Maybe it will be more successful.

On a random note, Akane having so little views on the app makes me disgusted.

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Me waiting for @Shinuki no Reborn to open the new thread so we can start with the predictions

;bash;bash;bash

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
seems like everyone already started anyway
Maybe we want to each 600 very soon :Haha .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Okay I am a bit behind on the review so I will save it for either Monday or Tuesday. But I really want to talk about Green Green Greens now. So you know what? I’m going to cause I want to give my honest opinions on it cause I have a lot to say.

SkullMan

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
By the way, Kagurabachi is now getting a Spanish translation! Is this a good thing, a good sign for the manga? Mainly because they don't usually translate a new series without a famous author so quickly, right? Is this a good sign for the future and life of the series?

They gave Doron Dorororon a Spanish translation, I think it doesn't mean anything. You really think the Japanese Shueisha would tell anyone over at Latino/Spanish Manga Plus anything?!

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Okay, so GGG had a good start for a first chapter (a bit slow but good). So far I like the characters and Yaesaki and Oga are a good relatable characters that start off a little unlikeable but after they start to talk to each other, learn about each other and face their own realities they slowly start to be more likable. I mean I can relate to Yaesaki a bit but Oga is someone who is telling the truth to Yaesaki cause we need those people in our life in being honest (a bit blunt but honest). Now I remember DiscoMusic saying how he felt it didn’t get into golf and felt like it was more of the same type of device similar to Blue Box. But in all honesty, I think this was a start to introduce and develop the characters. And Golf will act as the driving force for both Oga and Yaesaki (especially the latter as he now is getting a goal a Want. But at the same time, Oga is helping to face what Yaesaki Needs as a character). Also the art is good and I think an improvement from Beast Children. But for the writing, I think from a character standpoint and how it establishes itself, it kind of reminds me of titles like Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21 where our lead character who never understood the sport takes a shot and develops their self confidence and slow love to the sport. So overall I am impressed and hope this will be a mainstay.

Chibi Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now I remember DiscoMusic saying how he felt it didn’t get into golf and felt like it was more of the same type of device similar to Blue Box. But in all honesty, I think this was a start to introduce and develop the characters.
Personally, I wouldn't mind it going this route if it's what helps the manga not get canceled. The duo have a unique yet strange chemistry and I love how honest she is, it's a different vibe from Blue Box (but if it's 100% on just the sport I'm also ok with it).

I guess more chapters are needed.

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Not at all, the same thing happened with Doron, and well, It end in the axe

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am extremely shallow. My whole first impression of GGG is that the male MC is so cute and appealing. Bishonen = i am happy

The female mc is so cute too.

Hopefully more bishonens show up
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

MMA is giving me bishonen too with that butler character. Hooray.

All i want is for Nito and Kaz Low to change their bad haircut already. Kaz low has the potential to be dreamy

echo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First chapter of G3 was pretty good. Two on Ice had my favorite chapter of the week, shame its going to die.

As long as people are mentioning 6P again, I never cared much for 6P (was like a 5/10 series for me) but its final chapter was an 11/10 final chapter for an axed manga lol, especially with how random the last page was. Enjoying Mapollo's magical girl manga on jump+, hope it sells well.

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (November 25)
5. ONE PIECE 107
11. My Hero Academia 39
95. SAKAMOTO DAYS 14
263. MIssion: Yozakura Family 20
276. The Elusive Samura 13
368. Me & Roboco 15
389. Kill Blue 2

Broseph

Reaction score
Country
United States
When does the new thread go up? Is this the last week? I got my predictions ready but I'll save them when the 2024 thread starts

SkullMan

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth

I don't understand the logic of censoring the panty shot, like yeah it's cute how you used Minerva's ability to hide it but this series is doing horribly in the polls. At this point who cares, and maybe Minerva's panties can actually help this series worth a damn. Can't hurt to try.

Having domestic/child abuse in your series is fine, but God forbid you show some underwear

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And we finally reached the end of the 2023 thread! Almost 600 pages but the most important is that we have a very good year of discussion about Shonen Jump, i want to thank every member that participated in the growth of the thread this year, from the ones that made a lot of comments to the ones with just 1 comment and also the lurkers, i hope all of you keep following the WSJ discussions in the 2024 thread and maybe even stepping up to discussing with everybody else 🙏

The 2024 thread is HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.