Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 211 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRISTAN

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Interesting two-part interview about Gotoubun anime with TBS producer Junichiro Tanaka and director of the anime, Satoshi Kuwahara of Tezuka Productions.

Important points from part 1, since part 2 was mostly about character design and voice actors:
  • TBS has been interested with the manga since October 2017 (just two months after serialization), so they approached Kodansha and got the rights to produce the anime.
  • Kuwahara acknowledged that when drawing a storyboard, there are many manga panels that he think can be used as it is, hence subpar adaptation. They have to cut a lot of scenes because if they increase the animation for one and a half minutes, it will cost them extra 2 to 3 million yen.
  • Apparently Negi said no to panchira (pantyshot). Kuwahara agreed and said that while such elements (fanservice) are fine, he doesn't want to show that in the anime. He thought there was no need to do it if it wasn't necessary.
  • Kuwahara said that the "Quintuplets game" is an important scene. Another important scene is the climax of the school bonfire arc, when they held each of Futaro's finger. Negi told Kuwahara that "it is important to express Yotsuba's character".
  • The animation quality, in particular episode 11, was done by Shaft. When Tanaka met Shaft's President Kubota Mitsutoshi at a dinner party, he asked his help to the point of kneeling down. The director at Tezuka Productions did the storyboard and handed it over to Shaft.
  • 80 voice actors/actresses auditioned for the anime.

Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Christan, do you know if there are these types if interviews for Ace of Diamond? I am also remembering the Tokyo Revengers interview you posted some weeks ago

CHRISTAN

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Christan, do you know if there are these types if interviews for Ace of Diamond? I am also remembering the Tokyo Revengers interview you posted some weeks ago
I've yet to find one by the mangaka/anime director/producer, but there's one with the voice actor of Sawamura.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I've yet to find one by the mangaka/anime director/producer, but there's one with the voice actor of Sawamura.

Thank you very much. I am very interested in the stuff related with Ace of Diamond.

For chapter 200 celebration of Act II we have only that color page I guess, right?

Chuck_Atlas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
Wonder who were some of the other seiyuus that auditioned for the anime, female ones in particular

CHRISTAN

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For chapter 200 celebration of Act II we have only that color page I guess, right?
Yes.

Honya Club website announced the "Japan's Bookstore Employees' Recommended Manga of 2020". Blue Lock was selected as one of three recommended manga in sports category.

Last edited:

Blue Rock

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Shonen Magazine 2020/10

Daiya no A - Act II (Lead Color)
Bakemonogatari
Nanatsu no Taizai
Kakkou no Iinazuke
Days
Domestic na Kanojo
Danshi Koukousei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi
Nare no Hate no Bokura (Color)
Go-Toubun no Hanayome
Blue Lock
Sen wa, Boku wo Egaku
Toukyou Revengers
Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Runway de Waratte
Eden's Zero
Enen no Shouboutai
Shinigami Sai koro Game
Orient
Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru
Hitman
Senryuu Shoujo
Necromance
Fumetsu no Anata e
Seitokai Yakuindomo

Preview 11
Lead Color:
XEVEC by Ryouta Shimouchi & bose (New Series/69p)
Color: Go-Toubun no Hanayome
Extra Pages: Kakkou no Iinazuke (32p)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oricon Top 50, January 27 - February 2

Weekly Shounen Magazine
- (01/17) - 17d
#20 - Go-Toubun no Hanayome v13 - 45,353 / 450,299
- Diamond no Ace - Act II v20 - 25,123 / 170,455

Shoseki Ranking, January 27 - February 2

Weekly Shounen Magazine
- (01/17) - 17d
#21 - Go-Toubun no Hanayome v13
#30 - Diamond no Ace - Act II v20
#55 - Days v36 - 15.3k / 98.5k
- Go-Toubun no Hanayome Character Book: Miku - 14.3k / 146k
- Blue Lock v7 - 9.8k / 50.7k
- Runway de Waratte v14 - 6.4k / 44.1k
- Fumetsu no Anata e v12 - 5.5k / 35.4k

(12/17) - 48d
#195 - Gotobun no Hanayome Character Book: Nina - 4.5k / 175k
- Enen no Shouboutai v21 - 4.1k / 106k
- Toukyou Revengers v15 - 3.0k / 94.5k
- Kanojo, Okarishimasu v13 - 2.3k / 98.8k

Magazine Pocket
- (01/09) - 25d
#492 - Bimyou ni Yasashii Ijimekko v4 - 2.2k / 19.2k

(12/09) - 56d
#307 - Kawaii Dake Janai Shikimori-san v3 - 3.1k / 112k

Enen no Shouboutai
#241 - Enen no Shouboutai v1
#263 - Enen no Shouboutai v2
#323 - Enen no Shouboutai v3
#382 - Enen no Shouboutai v20
#397 - Enen no Shouboutai v12
#399 - Enen no Shouboutai v4
#410 - Enen no Shouboutai v19
#413 - Enen no Shouboutai v6
#415 - Enen no Shouboutai v5
#418 - Enen no Shouboutai v17
#421 - Enen no Shouboutai v13
#422 - Enen no Shouboutai v11
#427 - Enen no Shouboutai v14
#429 - Enen no Shouboutai v7
#440 - Enen no Shouboutai v18
#447 - Enen no Shouboutai v16
#451 - Enen no Shouboutai v15
#489 - Enen no Shouboutai v8
#497 - Enen no Shouboutai v9

Blue Lock
#361 - Blue Lock v6
#433 - Blue Lock v4
#434 - Blue Lock v5
#453 - Blue Lock v3
#464 - Blue Lock v1
#467 - Blue Lock v2

Runway de Waratte
#394 - Runway de Waratte v1
#436 - Runway de Waratte v2
#472 - Runway de Waratte v3
#474 - Runway de Waratte v5
#494 - Runway de Waratte v4
#495 - Runway de Waratte v13
#498 - Runway de Waratte v6

--- Double Post Merged, ---

重版続々出来中! 累計20万部を突破した話題のコメディ『微妙に優しいいじめっ子』の描き下ろしマスキングテープ5種が「マガポケ」にて発売。

Going by Google Translate, so it could be wrong. But, It seems Bimyou ni Yasashii Ijimekko has more than 200,000 copies in circulation with 4 volumes. It doesn't seem much, but Ojousama no Shimobe had 200,000 copies with 3 volumes and Bimyou ni Yasashii Ijimekko sells less than that series. So the number makes sense, at least.

Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Lead color is XEVEC.

EDIT: 5toubun cover in very bad quality (it also shows the final volume 14 cover)

What is this?

Last edited:

SalesNerd69

Reaction score
Country
India
is there a wsm discord server?

Polisi25

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I'm pretty surprised by this supposed emergency popularity. What exactly does this series have that separates it from other randomly violent series? Not amazing art or a unique setting.
Quite a long time for a reply, but I did read the first 4 chapters in Chinese. For the ones interested, quick spoilers alert.

The story is focuses on a elementary school reunion, where the "organizer and the mastermind" hijacked it to a killing game focuses on a person's good and evil.
After shutting everybody up with a corpse in a classroom and a death by a bobby trap, he forced everybody participate in BGOE games, the first game is by forcing 1 person to drink poison, he "choose" another person to drink while saving the one poisoned by lucky draw (emphasis choose because everybody realize he rigged the draw), the game is cleared after 7 rounds (A drinks poison, B drinks poison saving A, C drinks poison saving B & so on), the the chosen do not drink the poison in 10 minutes, the victim will die and the game will be reset.

-
The unique component focus on the narrative, as the first few pages in the first chapter. We got the summary of the case where in the time span of 52 hours and 23 minutes:
Day 1: 1 is already a corpse in a box, 1 burned to death, 2 poisoned
Day 2: Tensions flared among the class, 1 got his skill cracked, 2 got their organs destroyed. The "mastermind" is "dead", but then 2 commit suicide at night
Day 3: The class fought causing another death of 2 people
Total: 12 deaths.

In the fourth chapter, we even have a flash forward where a survivor narrates her events of the case.
-
Currently, this is what I can say for the first 4 chapters.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Quite a long time for a reply, but I did read the first 4 chapters in Chinese. For the ones interested, quick spoilers alert.

The story is focuses on a elementary school reunion, where the "organizer and the mastermind" hijacked it to a killing game focuses on a person's good and evil.
After shutting everybody up with a corpse in a classroom and a death by a bobby trap, he forced everybody participate in BGOE games, the first game is by forcing 1 person to drink poison, he "choose" another person to drink while saving the one poisoned by lucky draw (emphasis choose because everybody realize he rigged the draw), the game is cleared after 7 rounds (A drinks poison, B drinks poison saving A, C drinks poison saving B & so on), the the chosen do not drink the poison in 10 minutes, the victim will die and the game will be reset.

-
The unique component focus on the narrative, as the first few pages in the first chapter. We got the summary of the case where in the time span of 52 hours and 23 minutes:
Day 1: 1 is already a corpse in a box, 1 burned to death, 2 poisoned
Day 2: Tensions flared among the class, 1 got his skill cracked, 2 got their organs destroyed. The "mastermind" is "dead", but then 2 commit suicide at night
Day 3: The class fought causing another death of 2 people
Total: 12 deaths.

In the fourth chapter, we even have a flash forward where a survivor narrates her events of the case.
-
Currently, this is what I can say for the first 4 chapters.
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Reading this makes me wonder how long it could realistically last for anyways with the main events taking place in such a limited period of time.

Blue Rock

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Reading this makes me wonder how long it could realistically last for anyways with the main events taking place in such a limited period of time.
That's probably just beginning arc though. Most likely case, the series will continue after that event and 'mastermind' will be revealed as another victim or something like that.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's probably just beginning arc though. Most likely case, the series will continue after that event and 'mastermind' will be revealed as another victim or something like that.
That's what I was thinking too after I made that post. Either that, or the author could continue utilizing flash forwards to after the event to show what's happening now or even flashbacks to before the event to see stuff that led up to it. I guess I can see ways this could last. I think I misunderstood what exactly the series was about and the whole thing wasn't necessarily taking place during those 52 hours. Thanks you guys!

Blue Rock

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
author could continue utilizing flash forwards to after the event to show what's happening now or even flashbacks to before the event to see stuff that led up to it. I guess I can see ways this could last.
I could see this too. It would be a limited premise though. Probably no longer than his last series. Speaking of which, sales for Hone ga Kusaru Made were pretty good, especialy for a MangaBox series.

also sales for Rivnes (Necromance) and Ijousha no Ai (Mako-san wa Shindemo Jiritsu Shinai)

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I wonder if Senryuu Shojo is going to end soon after the last chapter

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if Senryuu Shojo is going to end soon after the last chapter
Well there have been 10 more chapters since that one that was just translated today. It seems like chapter 162, the most recent Japanese chapter, was about Tao trying to get more members for her fortune telling circle/association/not-club thing she does. It could probably start to wrap up whenever it wants to now, but it doesn't seem like it is immediately happening as of the most recent Japanese chapter.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Cuckoo's Fiancee volume 1 will be out the 15th of May

Also

EDIT: Fire Force S2 was this Spring? Wondering if it will get a WSM cover in March or April. Also, it seems Fire Force has a lot of chances to end in Oricon top-10 at the end of the year

I'm really hyped for what's coming in Blue Lock:

Next WSM issue will have color pages for Bakemonogatari (volume 8 release) and for Reaper's Dice Game (volume 1 release).

Also. This happened in Ace of Diamond II anime:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.