Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Champion (Akita Shoten)

Ihore

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2020 Authors that will feature in Bessatsu Shonen Champion - It could be series, oneshots.

Shinazaka Kouji - Monkey Peak Series, Tohai series
Konomoto Kadzuya - Setoutsumi
Ishiguro Masakazu - Yet the Town Moves, Furutto on Thursday
Fukayama Hana - Ittan no Ko
Sumiyama Tomimo - Lost Children (Popular French comic)
Sugiura Kou -
Yamada Kyuri - Ai no Idenshi
Muroi Daisuke - Reiri (illustrator), Violence Action (author, uses different pen name)
Masuda Eiji - Jitsu wa watashi wa
Watanuki Takumi -

SHY volume 1 reprint

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oricon Ranking Top 50 (January 6 - January 12)
NEW RELEASES: JANUARY 8* (5 DAYS)
25. BEASTARS Volume 17 | 45,864 copies, 45,864 total
34. Mairimashita! Iruma-kun Volume 15 | 34,385 copies, 34,385 total

* = Main magazine serializations only.

SOURCE:
Oricon (via Weekly Shonen Jump thread)

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Darwin's Game anime is doing a lot better than i thought in terms of volume backlog sales.

WSC 07
Baku-kun ( New series by Tanaka Yuuji, Lead CP, 27 pages)

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyuubu
Shousetsuhon Darwin's Game - Flag Game (New series by FLIPFLOPS, CP)
Yowamushi Pedal
Sachio-kun
Appare! Super Radical Gag Family (CP)
Worst Gaiden Guriko
Makai no Shuuyaku wa Wareware da! (CP)
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
BEASTARS
SHY
Yuuenchi - Baki Gaiden
The Vampire Dies in No Time
Rokudou no Onnatachi
Suiyou Dou Deshou
Tsukiji Saikyou Sushi Densetsu - Nigiri no Umitarou
Toubousha Erio
Shabaou
Rororro!
Harigane Service Ace
Ashigei Shoujo Komura-san
'Ippon' Again
Dorakon!
Furutto on Thursday

Absent - Baki Dou

Preview issue 8 -
Lead CP - Maika-san wa Oshikorosenai (New series by Satou Shoki, 2 chapters)
CP - Baku-kun, Baki Dou

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Darwin's Game anime is doing a lot better than i thought in terms of volume backlog sales.

WSC 07
Baku-kun ( New series by Tanaka Yuuji, Lead CP, 27 pages)

Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyuubu
Shousetsuhon Darwin's Game - Flag Game (New series by FLIPFLOPS, CP)
Yowamushi Pedal
Sachio-kun
Appare! Super Radical Gag Family (CP)
Worst Gaiden Guriko
Makai no Shuuyaku wa Wareware da! (CP)
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
BEASTARS
SHY
Yuuenchi - Baki Gaiden
The Vampire Dies in No Time
Rokudou no Onnatachi
Suiyou Dou Deshou
Tsukiji Saikyou Sushi Densetsu - Nigiri no Umitarou
Toubousha Erio
Shabaou
Rororro!
Harigane Service Ace
Ashigei Shoujo Komura-san
'Ippon' Again
Dorakon!
Furutto on Thursday

Absent - Baki Dou

Preview issue 8 -
Lead CP - Maika-san wa Oshikorosenai (New series by Satou Shoki, 2 chapters)
CP - Baku-kun, Baki Dou
What's that new Darwin's Game series in here about? Is it a miniseries, or a full-blown normal spinoff of some sort? Hopefully Dorakon and Ashigei can both survive a bit longer.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's that new Darwin's Game series in here about? Is it a miniseries, or a full-blown normal spinoff of some sort? Hopefully Dorakon and Ashigei can both survive a bit longer.
Its a prequel novel focusing on Shuka and Rain.

Interested to see what bessatsu has in stock for 2020,

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Question: Do you guys think that there may be an element of passion is playing a factor in Iruma-kun getting this kind of anime adaptation?

I ask this for numerous reasons:
1. I find it really unusual that Iruma-kun, a Champion manga that wasn't really on many's radars to begin with, got a continuous 2-cour anime adaptation out of the blue. From what I hear, those aren't really common. For reference, some other currently running continuous 2-cour adaptations are My Hero Academia, A Certain Scientific Railgun T, and Fate/Grand Order Babylonia - all of which are massive franchises, especially compared to Iruma-kun.
2. The anime's been going at a really slow pace, but it's been adding a lot of anime-original content to it's episodes, allowing for it to go at a relatively slow pace. It seems this season might end somewhere between Chapters 35 and 37, yet it's been laying the groundwork for stuff that happens in the manga. It feels like a second season has all but been greenlit that they wont officially announce until the end of the first.

Perhaps it could be the director being really good at their job, I dunno, but I just find it interesting that an Iruma anime exists the way that it is.

Thehoennhippo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m regards to the length of the Iruma Kun anime, I think it’s just because of the time slot it’s in, it’s a kids show and those tend to last at least 2 cour these days, lots of things in NHK E also get second seasons the next year so I think Iruma kuns chances are pretty high.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States

lazybones1717

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu is among the 12 manga that were nominated for the 13th Manga Taisho awards.
Where exactly is Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu serialized? I see that the volumes are published under the Shonen Champion label, but I bought a recent issue of Champion and couldn't find it anywhere, only Sakurai's other series, Rororro!.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Where exactly is Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu serialized? I see that the volumes are published under the Shonen Champion label, but I bought a recent issue of Champion and couldn't find it anywhere, only Sakurai's other series, Rororro!.
Looks like

Thundercat27

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Looks like

This.
It's also got 5th place in Tsugi ni Kuru Manga web catagory before.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
This.
It's also got 5th place in Tsugi ni Kuru Manga web catagory before.
Third in Kono Manga ga Sugoi!, as well:

Blue16

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Climax for BEASTARS and Ashigei Shoujo Komura-san will end in 2 chapters.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question: Do you guys think that there may be an element of passion is playing a factor in Iruma-kun getting this kind of anime adaptation?

I ask this for numerous reasons:
1. I find it really unusual that Iruma-kun, a Champion manga that wasn't really on many's radars to begin with, got a continuous 2-cour anime adaptation out of the blue. From what I hear, those aren't really common. For reference, some other currently running continuous 2-cour adaptations are My Hero Academia, A Certain Scientific Railgun T, and Fate/Grand Order Babylonia - all of which are massive franchises, especially compared to Iruma-kun.
2. The anime's been going at a really slow pace, but it's been adding a lot of anime-original content to it's episodes, allowing for it to go at a relatively slow pace. It seems this season might end somewhere between Chapters 35 and 37, yet it's been laying the groundwork for stuff that happens in the manga. It feels like a second season has all but been greenlit that they wont officially announce until the end of the first.

Perhaps it could be the director being really good at their job, I dunno, but I just find it interesting that an Iruma anime exists the way that it is.
Just like someone mentioned NHK-E stuff tends to be two cour. In regards to it being a project of passion well I can not say for sure, I am sure one of the producers in charge of animation in NHK probably found potential in Iruma and made a pitch for it. I say this because NHK and NHK enterprises are the producers of of Iruma-kun anime. the staff working on the series is competent with plenty of experience.

Major 2nd will take over from Iruma in Spring and that should be a two cour as well. I believed a fall return for iruma was probably the logic but Fumetsu announced for fall makes me think that might not happen, though Fumetsu could be in another slot.

Thehoennhippo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Assuming Iruma gets it's timeslot again in the Fall, I suppose Fumetsu would take the slot Radiant is currently airing in, unsure what is planned to be there this Spring.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s possible that Iruma could also move towards Radiant’s timeslot while Fumetsu took its place. I’m not sure what the TV ratings in Japan were for Radiant, though, since I don’t think it ever made the animation list. The one time Iruma-kun cracked the list (due to most of the bigger shows being in break for the week) it had a rating of 1.7. Not sure how good that is, but it seems decent enough.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
It’s possible that Iruma could also move towards Radiant’s timeslot while Fumetsu took its place. I’m not sure what the TV ratings in Japan were for Radiant, though, since I don’t think it ever made the animation list. The one time Iruma-kun cracked the list (due to most of the bigger shows being in break for the week) it had a rating of 1.7. Not sure how good that is, but it seems decent enough.
1.7 rating sounds pretty bad but idk how that compares with other shows that have aired in the same timeslot.