Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Champion (2016 - 2021) | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Champion (2016 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serinox

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Mhhhh, I mean, of course the studio deserves a lot of praise for Land of the Lustrous and their good reputation from that preceeds them, but I can't help to remain sceptical if the look of Beastars really works in Orange's CG style.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reprint for Iruma, all volumes.
CP with anime announcement. 2 chapters earlier than Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Its official website will open soon.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I'm quite excited for Beastars. That spanish guitar in the beginning threw me off because it unexpectedly, completely captures the atmosphere of the series. I have some reservation on the CG but Orange has shown their skill on Land of the Lustrous so I'm hopeful.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BEASTARS seems good for a fall debut.

Probably a good idea to hold back on the stuff on Iruma-kun so its not too overshadowed by BEASTARS. Next week with popularity poll results and lead CP would be appropriate to release some news with Visual and PV.

I was writing a blog post with my ideas of what i personally wished for the 50th anniversary and I wanted a few anime adaptions, quite surprised at this but it comes at a great timing for both series.

LuckyJim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
That PV doesn't really raise a lot of confidence for the animation quality of Iruma, or really just the anime as a whole.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Beastars pv went above and beyond my expectations. I'm glad that it proved me wrong for now.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BMC 2019 / 02
Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike (Cover and Lead CP)

Darwin's Game
Sangoku Shibu Shouretsuden - Shoku no Shou (CP)
Oshikake Maid no Shirayuki-san
Sensei, Shimekiri desu yo!! (CP)
Full Ahead!! Coco Zervance
Species Domain
Meshi Agare (One-shot by Inazuma Takashi)
Shoujo Seiten Beske des Kebes
N wa Null no N
Complex Over Come (One-shot by Shoji Hironori)
INCOMPLETE ANIMALS
AI no Idenshi Red Queen
Chiaki Megumi wa Yuuwakushitai (Oneshot by Shimada)
Eiyuu! Caesar-san
Fenrir-neesan to Boku (End)

Absent - Getter Robo Devolution

BMC 2019 - 03
Cover and Lead CP - Worst Gaiden Dokuro (New series by Takahashi Hiroshi & Kida Masashi)
CP - Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike, Full Ahead!! Coco Zervance, Kajiki (Oneshot by Ishimaru Nao)
One-shot - Gesakumono by Takahata Yuu

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
WSC 2019/10
BEASTARS (Lead CP, TV anime announcement)
Ashigei Shoujo Komura-san
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (CP, Anime announcement)
Yuuenchi Baki Gaiden
Baki Dou (CP)
Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyuubu
Worst Gaiden Guriko (CP)
Yowamushi Pedal
'Ippon' Again
Bell and Ring wa Kane Yahoo!
Oni no You na Love Comedy
Boryaku no Panzer
Appare! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku
Rokudou no Onnatachi
Magical Girl Site
Harigane Service Ace
TV Anime Sousakuhiwa Osamu Tezuka to Anime wo Tsukuta Wakamonotachi
Junior
Rororro!
Himawari
Kanami-chan wa Tsuyogaritai (One-shot by YokoYoko)
Angel Voice (5th Masterpiece Revival 5th series)

Furutto on Thursday

Absent - The Vampire Dies in No Time

WSC 2019/10
Lead CP - Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (1st Character Popularity Poll results)
CP - BEASTARS, Rokudou no Onnatachi, Ippon Again!
One-shot - Kanami-chan wa Tsuyogaritai by Yokoyoko.
Absent - The Vampire Dies in No Time.

Angel Voice was in the magazine not long ago. Koyano Takao is a veteran that i could imagine returning to WSC.
Yes! I love it when Rokudou, Beastars, and Iruma color pages all land in the same issue! Sadly though, since they skipped over Rokudou and went right to Iruma for an anime adaptation, I'm losing quite a bit of confidence that Rokudou will get an anime now.
Reprint for Iruma, all volumes.
CP with anime announcement. 2 chapters earlier than Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Its official website will open soon.
It was a rough road for Iruma, but it looks like things have finally paid off for it in the end!
BMC 2019 - 03
Cover and Lead CP - Worst Gaiden Dokuro (New series by Takahashi Hiroshi & Kida Masashi)
CP - Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike, Full Ahead!! Coco Zervance, Kajiki (Oneshot by Ishimaru Nao)
One-shot - Gesakumono by Takahata Yuu
Is Worst Gaiden stuff taking over all Champion magazines now?

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yes! I love it when Rokudou, Beastars, and Iruma color pages all land in the same issue! Sadly though, since they skipped over Rokudou and went right to Iruma for an anime adaptation, I'm losing quite a bit of confidence that Rokudou will get an anime now.

It was a rough road for Iruma, but it looks like things have finally paid off for it in the end!

Is Worst Gaiden stuff taking over all Champion magazines now?
Hopefully Atsumare and Rokudou are next in line for some anime series!

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/319505
BIg Advertisement for Beastars and Iruma-kun in Shibuya Station for the whole of next week.

Another reprint for Boku no Kokoro no Yaiba Yatsu
Nice to see this is doing well.

Those Beastars and Iruma promo pictures are stunning! I'm happy for both of them.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The double tv anime is part of the 50th anniversary project, I just hope they did not blow out their load all in one go, surely there is more stuff...

The introductions, revival project and interviews and 50th year anniversary website with past covers and the likes are quite nostalgic for older readers. But of course, the celebration of the 50th anniversary is a historical in nature so reminiscing of the past is natural though this for younger readers might not be too appealing so some projects have to some connection with the present. The anniversary itself is in issue 34 looking forward to what else they have planned. It is better than the 40th already with 2 anime announcements.

Bessatsu Shonen Champion will have a big renewal. (Big news series round, i guess and one author is teased)
There are a few hints but extra information only in the next issue.

BMC 2019 / 02
Worst Gaiden Dokuro (Lead CP and Cover, 59 pages, New series by Takahashi Hiroshi & Kida Masashi)
Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike (CP)

Darwin's Game
Full Ahead!! Coco Zervance (CP)
Sensei, Shimekiri desu yo!!
N wa Null no N
Sangoku Shibu Shouretsuden - Shoku no Shou
Kajiki (CP, Oneshot by Ishimaru Nao)
INCOMPLETE ANIMALS
Getter Robo Devolution
Oshikake Maid no Shirayuki-san
Species Domain
AI no Idenshi Red Queen
Shoujo Seiten Beske des Kebes
Gesakumono (One-shot by Takahata Yuu)
Eiyuu! Caesar-san

BMC 2019 - 04
Colour - Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike, Full Ahead!! Coco Zervance, Worst Gaiden Dokuro, Darwin's Game.
Absent - AI no Idenshi Red Queen, Eiyuu! Caesar-san.

WSC 2019/10
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (Lead CP, 1st Character Popularity Poll results)
BEASTARS (CP)
Yowamushi Pedal
Rororro!
Baki Dou
Yuuenchi Baki Gaiden
'Ippon' Again (CP)
Rokudou no Onnatachi (CP)
Worst Gaiden Guriko
Boryaku no Panzer
Kaida-san no Kaidan (Special Chapter)
Harigane Service Ace
Oni no Youna Love Comedy
Magical Girl Site
Himawari
Junior
Uda Uda Yateru Hima wa Nee (Masterpiece Revival 6h series)

Furutto on Thursday

WSC 2019/11
Lead CP - Yowamushi Pedal.
CP - Magical Girl Site, Junior, Oni no Youna Love Comedy.
End - Bell and Ring wa Kane Yahoo!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The oneshots from the past weeks have been quite good. They both seems mature enough to become series.

For Bessatsu looks like most people think its 4 new series, with the initial kanji teased for the authors.

阿 - 阿部共 - Abe Tomomi - Excellent author, I thought they lost him/her to Shogakukan.
ニ - ニャロメロン - Nyaromeron - Bell and Ring ended so it seems quite obvious this one.
深 - 深谷陽 - Fukuya Akira - He has published one-shot in Bessatsu before, most of his previous published works are in niche magazines.

Seems to be the general guess. The the third one its complicated since its quite a common one.

Last edited:

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
WSC 2019/10
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (Lead CP, 1st Character Popularity Poll results)
BEASTARS (CP)
Yowamushi Pedal
Rororro!
Baki Dou
Yuuenchi Baki Gaiden
'Ippon' Again (CP)
Rokudou no Onnatachi (CP)
Worst Gaiden Guriko
Boryaku no Panzer
Kaida-san no Kaidan (Special Chapter)
Harigane Service Ace
Oni no Youna Love Comedy
Magical Girl Site
Himawari
Junior
Uda Uda Yateru Hima wa Nee (6th Masterpiece Revival 5th series)

Furutto on Thursday

WSC 2019/11
Lead CP - Yowamushi Pedal.
CP - Magical Girl Site, Junior, Oni no Youna Love Comedy.
End - Bell and Ring wa Kane Yahoo!
With Bell gone, there's going to be a huge space left to fill in the magazine (/s) lol. I wonder if they'll throw in another 2-page mini-series like that to replace it. I'm shocked they haven't picked up Kaida-san for a full serialization by now. It seems to show back up every now and then, and I wouldn't mind seeing it get its own slot. Junior and Oni seem to be hanging by a thread, with both getting color pages next week. Oni has been ok, but hopefully it'll improve some more.

As for the newest bout of series, I can't say I'm liking Boryaku no Panzer that much. I thought the concept could've been funny, but the execution just doesn't really seem to make much sense. Guy wants to be a lucky pervert, sees a girl's butt, is frustrated that it wasn't underwear? Maybe I'm missing something lol. I can't even find raws for the other 2, but neither really piqued my interest, especially the TV Anime one. Hopefully that one won't last too long. Ashigei is easily my favorite of the 4 new series.

Beastars and Iruma may be stealing the spotlight with the announcement of their anime adaptations, but Rokudou's chapter in this issue really stole the show for me. The build-up to this exact moment was brilliant (it would've made a superb chapter for an anime announcement!)

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WSC 2019/12
Yowamushi Pedal (Masterpiece Revival 7th series)
Yowamushi Pedal (Lead CP)

The Vampire Dies in No Time
Magical Girl Site (CP)
Harigane Service Ace
Yuuenchi Baki Gaiden
Bell and Ring wa Kane Yahoo! (End)
Oni no Youna Love Comedy (CP)

Junior (CP)
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
BEASTARS
Worst Gaiden Guriko
Rokudou no Onnatachi
'Ippon' Again
Baki Dou
Boryaku no Panzer
Rororro!
Himawari
Furutto on Thursday

WSC 2019/13
Lead CP - Harigane Service Ace (43 pages)
CP - Boryaku no Panzer, Worst Gaiden Guriko, Appare! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku
Absent - Baki Dou

Extras - Baki Shinsouban - Revenge Tokyo.

Inumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
2/11-2/17 Shoseki Ranking estimations. (10 days)
14,150 Mairimashita! Iruma-kun #9
10,712 Magical Girl Site #13
*8,624 Rokudou no Onnatachi #13

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With Bell gone, there's going to be a huge space left to fill in the magazine (/s) lol. I wonder if they'll throw in another 2-page mini-series like that to replace it. I'm shocked they haven't picked up Kaida-san for a full serialization by now. It seems to show back up every now and then, and I wouldn't mind seeing it get its own slot. Junior and Oni seem to be hanging by a thread, with both getting color pages next week. Oni has been ok, but hopefully it'll improve some more.

As for the newest bout of series, I can't say I'm liking Boryaku no Panzer that much. I thought the concept could've been funny, but the execution just doesn't really seem to make much sense. Guy wants to be a lucky pervert, sees a girl's butt, is frustrated that it wasn't underwear? Maybe I'm missing something lol. I can't even find raws for the other 2, but neither really piqued my interest, especially the TV Anime one. Hopefully that one won't last too long. Ashigei is easily my favorite of the 4 new series.

Beastars and Iruma may be stealing the spotlight with the announcement of their anime adaptations, but Rokudou's chapter in this issue really stole the show for me. The build-up to this exact moment was brilliant (it would've made a superb chapter for an anime announcement!)
For Kaida-san, its probably because Kigitsu Katsuhisa has revived Franken Fran in Champion Red and that will probably keep in busy.
I am not sure what might end but there are quite a few options but nothing sticks out as obviously ending to me. It depends on the size of the next round but it will probably be in late March/early April. i am ambivalent towards Panzer and Ashigei. Not a fan of Worst because its not an original series plus the unstable art and TV anime is a short series. I hope the next round brings interesting stuff. The current head editor doesn't seem to favour short series if he did i would probably like to see one of the previous one-shots tested out as one.

Rokudou has been building towards that since the first few chapters, the end of this arc feels likes the end of an initial part of the series.

I made two new posts in my blog and i have a few others in progress, if anyone is interested check them out.

Iruma sales have been in the up, hopefully it continues that way and the anime just intensifies this growth.

Polisi25

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
For Kaida-san, its probably because Kigitsu Katsuhisa has revived Franken Fran in Champion Red and that will probably keep in busy.
I am not sure what might end but there are quite a few options but nothing sticks out as obviously ending to me. It depends on the size of the next round but it will probably be in late March/early April. i am ambivalent towards Panzer and Ashigei. Not a fan of Worst because its not an original series plus the unstable art and TV anime is a short series. I hope the next round brings interesting stuff. The current head editor doesn't seem to favour short series if he did i would probably like to see one of the previous one-shots tested out as one.

Rokudou has been building towards that since the first few chapters, the end of this arc feels likes the end of an initial part of the series.

I made two new posts in my blog and i have a few others in progress, if anyone is interested check them out.

Iruma sales have been in the up, hopefully it continues that way and the anime just intensifies this growth.
Alright Ihore, can you give us the link to your blog please?

Status
Not open for further replies.