Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Champion (2016 - 2021) | Page 36 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Champion (2016 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
For Kaida-san, its probably because Kigitsu Katsuhisa has revived Franken Fran in Champion Red and that will probably keep in busy.
I am not sure what might end but there are quite a few options but nothing sticks out as obviously ending to me. It depends on the size of the next round but it will probably be in late March/early April. i am ambivalent towards Panzer and Ashigei. Not a fan of Worst because its not an original series plus the unstable art and TV anime is a short series. I hope the next round brings interesting stuff. The current head editor doesn't seem to favour short series if he did i would probably like to see one of the previous one-shots tested out as one.

Rokudou has been building towards that since the first few chapters, the end of this arc feels likes the end of an initial part of the series.

I made two new posts in my blog and i have a few others in progress, if anyone is interested check them out.

Iruma sales have been in the up, hopefully it continues that way and the anime just intensifies this growth.
Great blog posts! I like how you dive into the topic of online promotion and how effective it can be if done right. Specifically, the efficient online promotion through things like Twitter - it's such a simple thing to do and it can genuinely help to grow exposure, especially if a tweet goes viral. It's really tough for new series right now, unfortunately it seems to be harder and harder to get new serializations that have good volume sales. Ippon is gorgeously drawn so I'm rooting for its success. All of the other magazines have been struggling to find new successful sports series as well. The magazine should continue trying fantasy series occasionally, they might get lucky and land a hit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Alright Ihore, can you give us the link to your blog please?
https://weeklyshonenmania.blogspot.com/

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nagi no Oitoma 5 volumes - 2M copies in print.

Very strong numbers - it probably sells decently in places not covered by Oricon. Its numbers in Oricon do not really match this number of copies in print.

Source - https://souffle.life/nagi/

WSC 2019/13
Harigane Service Ace (Lead CP, 2 chapters, 43 pages)
Baki Shinsouban - Revenge Tokyo
Yuuenchi Baki Gaiden
Worst Gaiden Guriko (CP)
Yowamushi Pedal
Rokudou no Onnatachi
Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyuubu
BEASTARS
Appare! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku (CP)
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
Boryaku no Panzer (CP)
Himawari
The Vampire Dies in No Time
Oni no Youna Love Comedy
Ashigei Shoujo Komura-san
'Ippon' Again
Rororro!
Junior
KASABUTOR (oneshot by Nakamura Tatsuoki)
TV Anime Sousakuhiwa Osamu Tezuka to Anime wo Tsukuta Wakamonotachi
Kakugo no Susume (Masterpiece Revival 8th series)
Furutto on Thursday

WSC 2019/14
Cover and Lead CP - Baki Dou
CP - Himawari, Yowamushi Pedal
One-shot - Kiss Shita of the Dead (One-shot by Ryokuji Yoshikawa)

The Vampire Dies in No TIme will be absent from issue 14 to 17.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

New series by Abe Tomomi by in Issue 2019/04 of BSC

Excellent author coming back for a series that I expect to be twisted and dark like her other works.

Source - https://www.hmv.co.jp/artist_別冊少年チャンピオン編集部_000000000484839/item_別冊少年チャンピオン-2019年-4月号_9576031

2 years later. The oneshot from 2016-49 by Yamamoto Souichirou becomes a series.

New series Kaijuu no Tokage by Yamamoto Souichirou X Fukuchi Kamio in Bessatsu Issue 2019-05.

Source - https://www.hmv.co.jp/artist_別冊少年チャンピオン編集部_000000000484839/item_別冊少年チャンピオン-2019年-5月号_9657349

Last edited:

revo68

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Inumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
2/18-2/24 Shoseki Ranking estimations. (17 days)
67,152 Beastars #12
16,930 Mairimashita! Iruma-kun #9
12,980 Magical Girl Site #13

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Steady growth by Iruma-kun. It will get a lead CP in issue 15 so maybe some anime news will be coming then. The anime airing this year would be appropriate.
TV anime will only be one volume long, so it should be ending soon. Hard to predict what might go with it since there are couple of candidates, my guess is Site.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Steady growth by Iruma-kun. It will get a lead CP in issue 15 so maybe some anime news will be coming then. The anime airing this year would be appropriate.
TV anime will only be one volume long, so it should be ending soon. Hard to predict what might go with it since there are couple of candidates, my guess is Site.
Nice! I hope the author for Kyuuketsuki is ok, since he's been absent a few times lately and will now be out for a month. I would've thought maybe Oni or Himawari may have been next to go, but with both getting CPs recently, I'm not too sure anymore. I'm glad TV Anime is just a mini-series, so hopefully that means something else will be able to replace it soon.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WSC 2019/14
Baki Dou (Cover and Lead CP)
Yuuenchi Baki Gaiden
Worst Gaiden Guriko
Appare! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku
Yowamushi Pedal (CP)
BEASTARS
Rororro!
Harigane Service Ace
Rokudou no Onnatachi
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
Himawari (CP)
'Ippon' Again
Magical Girl SIte
Oni no Youna Love Comedy
Kiss Shita of the Dead (One-shot by Ryokuji Yoshikawa)
Boryaku no Panzer
Junior
TV Anime Sousakuhiwa Osamu Tezuka to Anime wo Tsukuta Wakamonotachi
Furutto on Thursday
Furutto on Thursday (Masterpiece Revival 9th series)

Absent - The Vampire Dies in No Time

WSC 2019/15
Lead CP - Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
CP - Yowamushi Pedal

END - TV Anime Sousakuhiwa Osamu Tezuka to Anime wo Tsukuta Wakamonotachi

Mairimashita! iruma-kun is the next series in the masterpiece revival project - next issue will have an interview with osamu nishi. Her first interview and maybe some anime news. BEASTARS's one will be in issue 17th.

BEASTARS Collab Event with Tobu Zoo

Beastars Anime Key Visual will be released in Anime Japan

It seems they are mixing in current manga in the anniversary celebration, that is a good thing, like i said a couple of pages back.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Darwin's Game 2.3M copies in print.

Darwin's Game will be part of the Aniplex line up in Anime Japan 2019.

Last edited:

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know anything about "TV Anime Sousakuhiwa Osamu Tezuka to Anime wo Tsukuta Wakamonotachi"? I can't find author details on MAL (and that's the only site that's coming up from Google) so I'm curious who they are and where they got their information for the manga. a Biographical manga on anime production sounds neat and makes me think of Bakuman.
I looked back through the thread and the ToC jumps from issue 2 to issue 10 and it seems to have started between those issues. All I see from other posts is it's planned to be a short series.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know anything about "TV Anime Sousakuhiwa Osamu Tezuka to Anime wo Tsukuta Wakamonotachi"? I can't find author details on MAL (and that's the only site that's coming up from Google) so I'm curious who they are and where they got their information for the manga. a Biographical manga on anime production sounds neat and makes me think of Bakuman.
I looked back through the thread and the ToC jumps from issue 2 to issue 10 and it seems to have started between those issues. All I see from other posts is it's planned to be a short series.
The author is Miyazaki Masaru, the artist is Takeshi Nogami.
He probably did interviews like he did for Black Jack Sousakuhiwa - The Untold Story: How Tezuka his 'Black Jack'
The series itself is like interviews with people that worked in the anime back in the 60s.

This gives decent information more than that MAL page.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Someone in the replies says it was confirmed for 23 episodes too
This is great news and it looks on point! BN/Sunrise should be able to do a good job. Being on NHK is great because it means we'll get a good amount of episodes which is perfect.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Someone in the replies says it was confirmed for 23 episodes too
Good designs, AND 23 episodes!? I'm getting even more pumped! Beastars and Iruma are both raising my expectations for their anime adaptations, and now I wait for Rokudou to join them :derp

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NHK was a surprise for me, but this mean it most likely will have a daytime slot probably on the weekend. staff looks good too so does the studio.
NHK edu is for more family friendly, children appealing series. Iruma-kun fits that quite well, i must say. If it does well it could have more seasons too, like quite a few shows that aired in NHK-E.

Rokudou and Iruma the two most shounen ish manga came from the same editor, in short succession. He is quite competent.

The chances that Iruma-kun airs in the 17:35 slot on Saturdays is good. Radiant was in that slot for the past fall and winter season. Now it will be rebroadcasting Cardcaptor Sakura CC until fall.
Radiant rebroadcast of the first season should have probably occupying this instead but instead it has been shafted to Wednesdays at 19:25. Replacing the Major 2nd rebroadcast. The Radiant rebroadcast its starting in April and will end just before fall so it might possibly just stay there for its second season.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
NHK was a surprise for me, but this mean it most likely will have a daytime slot probably on the weekend. staff looks good too so does the studio.
NHK edu is for more family friendly, children appealing series. Iruma-kun fits that quite well, i must say. If it does well it could have more seasons too, like quite a few shows that aired in NHK-E.

Rokudou and Iruma the two most shounen ish manga came from the same editor, in short succession. He is quite competent.

The chances that Iruma-kun airs in the 17:35 slot on Saturdays is good. Radiant was in that slot for the past fall and winter season. Now it will be rebroadcasting Cardcaptor Sakura CC until fall.
Radiant rebroadcast of the first season should have probably occupying this instead but instead it has been shafted to Wednesdays at 19:25. Replacing the Major 2nd rebroadcast. The Radiant rebroadcast its starting in April and will end just before fall so it might possibly just stay there for its second season.
Man, this could end up being even bigger and better for Iruma than I initially thought. I agree that that editor certainly has talent, managing to shape Rokudou and Iruma into what they are today is quite the impressive feat.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cover

Bessatsu Renewal - Festival of new series

BMC 2019 / 04
Shou ga Mai Ko ga Mai (Lead CP, New series by Abe Tomomi)
Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike (CP)
Darwin's Game (CP)

Yankee Jou-chan no Futashi Kana (New Irregular Series by Ishiguro Masakazu)
Worst Gaiden Dokuro (CP)
BEAST COMPLEX (One-shot by Itagaki Paru)
Shoujo Seiten Beske des Kebes
Ryujin ka Gome-chan (CP, New series by Matsuo Aki)
INCOMPLETE ANIMALS
Full Ahead!! Coco Zervance (CP)
Sensei, Shimekiri desu yo!!
RED DATA PLANET (Pre Serialization by Fujisawa Tooru & Io Maro, Actual series starts in Issue 8)
Oshikake Maid no Shirayuki-san
Species Domain
N wa Null no N
Ittan no Ko (CP, New series by Fukayama Hana)
Getter Robo Devolution
Sangoku Shibu Shouretsuden - Shoku no Shou
Mount Celeb Kaneda-san (New series by Nyaromeron)

BMC 2019 - 05
Cover - Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike
Lead CP - Kaiju no Togake (New series by Yamamoto Soichirou X Fukuchi Kamio)

CP - Oshikake Maid no Shirayuki-san, Species Domain, Ittan no Ko, Ryujin ka Gome-chan, Ai no Idenshi Red Queen.

New series by Konomoto Kazuya (Setoutsumi) is confirmed but with no official date yet.

Preview of Kaijuu no Tokage.

source - Bessatsu Shonen Champion 2019/04.

Her art is cuter than Yamamoto's, this combo might work well.

Last edited:

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Is not my favourite Yamamoto's one shot(I remember liking more the witch's one), but it could work(Shokakugan should put already a Soichiro series in the Sunday).
In another topic, I'm liking Oni Yuna love comedy.

Ihore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WSC 2019/15
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (Lead CP)
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (Masterpiece RP 10th)

BEASTARS
Baki Dou
Yuuenchi Baki Gaiden
Yowamushi Pedal (CP)
Appare! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku
Worst Gaiden Guriko
Rokudou no Onnatachi
Rororro!
Junior
Harigane Service Ace
Himawari
TV Anime Sousakuhiwa Osamu Tezuka to Anime wo Tsukuta Wakamonotachi (End)
Magical Girl SIte
Oni no Youna Love Comedy
'Ippon' Again
Boryaku no Panzer
Furutto on Thursday

Absent - The Vampire Dies in No Time.

WSC 2019/16
Lead CP - Worst Gaiden Guriko.
CP - Mairimashita! Iruma-kun, Rororro!, Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyubu.
One-shot - Worst Gaiden Dokuro (Bessatsu series first chapter)

Extras - Baki - REVENGE OF TOKYO N.02 Spuck.
Absent - Baki Dou, Junior, The Vampire Dies in No Time.

Second time Junior is absent, I wonder if the author has health issues. This issue it was placed higher than usual, it seems to be improving.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well since Netflix still hasn't releases Ingress outside Japan (which was supposed to go up November 23 and they haven't said a peep since giving that date) and I can't find anything for Revisions other than "we have it" I hope a good fan group picks it up.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Since we know Drifting Dragons will air on the same TV block in January 2020, that means the Beastars anime will have 1 cour for now. Maybe there will be more in the future, who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.