Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha) - Part 1 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha)

Well I really was never going to do this one too...but with Sunday and Jump with talkbacks and a new initiative at Ritual regarding them, I decided to try a talkback for the third and final of the shonen big 3: Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine. Hopefully it will start actively picking up like Sunday's is at this time but we'll see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
Reaction score

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]43468[/split]

Hunt

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Fuuka was labelled as a supernatural manga, so it shouldn't be a surprise.
you think she's gonna come back as a ghost ?

Last edited:

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Re: Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha)

you think she's gonna come back as a ghost ?
Well that's a spoiler. Maybe, but just saying that the tag has been there from the start.

Blader

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Please be careful to spoil, I think some people still not read it yet.

@RafaFedKilla Magazine didn't arrange TOC due a popularity. how it strange. and Days(I think you mean soccer manga by Tsuyoshi Yasuda) is somewhat popular, even being recommend by bookstore last year.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Labelled by who? It didn't have anything of supernatural so far.

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Labelled by who? It didn't have anything of supernatural so far.
There was a supernatural tag on it, because look at how long ago these posts are from.

http://www.redhawkscans.com/showthr...Spoiler-Thread&p=115854&viewfull=1#post115854

They could have misinterpreted Fuuka's charisma as something supernatural, but was it really?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-31/a-town-where-you-live-seo-to-launch-fuka-manga

The wording in that is also an odd choice.

This girl who is like a summer wind possesses a mysterious power to attract people.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ah, I thought it was something official, it's just mere opinion. Fans can label the series with anything, fujoishis do this all the time for example, seeing yaoi where doesn't exist. XD

I always thought that they are talking about her personality that really attracts people. The use of the word "power" is inappropriate IMO, principally when we know what it means in shounen mangas.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

In short, I don't believe that it will become a supernatural Manga, I can think of other developments that would be more interesting.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
There was a supernatural tag on it, because look at how long ago these posts are from.

http://www.redhawkscans.com/showthr...Spoiler-Thread&p=115854&viewfull=1#post115854

They could have misinterpreted Fuuka's charisma as something supernatural, but was it really?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-31/a-town-where-you-live-seo-to-launch-fuka-manga

The wording in that is also an odd choice.
Maybe she really could attract things. Like a magnet. You know, draw metal objects towards her.

I'll stop now.

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
In short, I don't believe that it will become a supernatural Manga, I can think of other developments that would be more interesting.
How does it continue when **that** happened? The manga is still named after her.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Maybe she really could attract things. Like a magnet. You know, draw metal objects towards her.

I'll stop now.
And that's why that ended up happening, lol.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
We really should make a thread for Fuuka, soon the staff will yell at us. XD
I gonna make later. :)

I'll stop now.
Someone got a ticket to hell. :lmao

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fuuka...

It could be simply about the main character sings songs about her or that no other girl can reach her? Its not like the title of the manga couldn't be a metapher or a symbol. At least it was a great plot twist I didn't ne coming. Seo isn't the type to write supernatural stuff, which would be new, not bad especially. But I believe he will stay true to his romance roots and make a tragic love story about a boy who gets over his girlfriend and find a new love but never forgets fuuka.

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Fuuka...

It could be simply about the main character sings songs about her or that no other girl can reach her? Its not like the title of the manga couldn't be a metapher or a symbol. At least it was a great plot twist I didn't ne coming. Seo isn't the type to write supernatural stuff, which would be new, not bad especially. But I believe he will stay true to his romance roots and make a tragic love story about a boy who gets over his girlfriend and find a new love but never forgets fuuka.
He doesn't? Half & Half and Princess Lucia beg to differ.

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
He doesn't? Half & Half and Princess Lucia beg to differ.
Alright, you've got me. H&H is supernatural but somehow so far away from it that it barely has anything to do with it in its actual story. Yes its the plot but the conflicts mostly basics. Lucia of course has powers and is my dead point. Nothing I can argue with but hopefully he won't turn it into a supernatural ghost story. Tragic romance seems to be more his element.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Fuuka is considered a sequel of Suzuka, if Suzuka didn't have supernatural elements, most likely Fuuka won't have as well.
People complain about this ~development~, but if you consider Suzuka, it was not that early. XD

I made a thread for Fuuka, go discuss there guys! LINK

Hunt

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Issue 49 Cover (LQ)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Took from 2010 to finally get a second thread, first post needs content though I dont frequent this mag much, any contribution is welcome :D

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Took from 2010 to finally get a second thread, first post needs content though I dont frequent this mag much, any contribution is welcome :D
You could pretty much just take one of the latest tocs for the current content of the magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.