Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021) | Page 114 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Wasn't sure where to post this but...

Shun Fujiki (Hajimete no Aku) is getting a new serialization on Big Comic Spirits called "Susume Giga Green" starting July23rd.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Wasn't sure where to post this but...

Shun Fujiki (Hajimete no Aku) is getting a new serialization on Big Comic Spirits called "Susume Giga Green" starting July23rd.

we really need a Big Comics thread (includes everything under that banner, spirits, superior, original)

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
#34 TOC

Tantei Xeno to Nanatsu satsujin misshitsu: Story by Kyouichi Nanatsuki/ Art by Teppei Sugiyama (Lead color pages/ Chapter 31)
Amano Megumi wa Suki darake! by Nekoguchi (Chapter 131)
Souboutei Kowasubeshi by Kazuhiro Fujita (Chapter 110)
Detective Conan: Zero's Tea Time: Supervised by Gosho Aoyama/Art by Takahiro Arai (Chapter 10)
Major 2nd by Takuya Mitsuda (Chapter 146)
Shinobi no by Rokurou Ogaki (Chapter 49)
Kimi wa 008 by Syun Matsuena (Chapter 21)
Maojou de Oyasumi by Kagiji Kumanomata (Chapter 109)
Sokyuu no Ariadne by Norihiro Yagi (Center Color/Chapter 30)
Memesis by Takuya Yagyuu (Chapter 20)
Daiku no Hatou by Michiteru Kusaba (Center Color/Chapter 58)
Be Blues by Motoyuki Tanaka (Chapter 340)
Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san by Aiko Koyama (Chapter 76)
Saike Matashitemo by Tsubasa Fukuchi (Chapter 120)
switch by Atsushi Namikiri (Chapter 14)
Gopun go no Sekai by Hiroshi Fukuda (Chapter 12)
Komi-san wa komyusho desu by Tomohito Oda (Chapter 152)
Tonikaku Cawaii by Kenjirou Hata (Chapter 23)
Yuugami-kun ni wa tomodachi ga inai by Jun Sakurai (Chapter 72)
Hoankan Evans no Uso ~Dead or Love~ by Mizuki Kuriyama (Chapter 63)
Aozakura Bouei daigakkou monogatari by Hikaru Nikaido (Chapter 97)
Marry Grave by Hidenori Yamaji (Chapter 29)
K.O.I King of Idol by Tamaki Wakaki (Chapter 52)
Hatsukoi Zombie by Ryou Minenami (Chapter 134)
Zettai Karen Children by Takashi Shiina (Chapter 511)
Youkai Giga by Satsuki Satou (Kuro 30)
Tokaichi Hitoribocchi Nouen by Yuuji Yokoyama (Chapter 31)

No Conan, RYOKO or Magia.

Next issue, Zero gets cover and color pages for the first volume, Maiko-san gets one for a finale(?) I think it might be for the current storyline, and not so much for the series though. Hatsukoi gets a color page, and Birdmen will be back for a monthy visit. Zettai and Aozakura will be off next week as far as I can see, and magia won't be back next issue either. Again, the magazine is just sorta chugging along without new serials or anything in particular to announce, and it's an interesting study in how just having good manga may not be enough to keep a magazine hyped.

kengai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Ogaki and his daughter. I love it when artists tell us a little bit about their lives. I hope volume 5 of Shinobi no sells at least a tiny little bit better than the last volume.

His wife can cook really well

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue#34

This time slightly more on time is the writeup for issue 34. I'm worried about Shinobi no and Marry Grave but I'd say most of the other manga I like/read are in pretty good shape, though it seems like Saike is probably going to go for another two volumes like 7/8, which will probably lead up to it's finale I think.

Vizard

Reaction score
Country
Genosha

Kyou Kara Ore Wa!! Live-action

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw planning for the next 4 issues :

August 8th : Mitsuru ADACHI (Touch, Mix, H2)
August : Takao SAITÔ (Golgo 13, Survivant)
September : Hiroyuki NISHIMORI (Kyô Kara Ore ha!!)
September 29th : Fujihiko HOSONO (Gallery Fake, L’Académie des Ninjas)

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
A news program visited the Sunday editorial department, mostly for stuff about Conan and its spin-offs. Looking at some story boards, rough drafts, talking to staff about it, and at the end, they try out some tricks from Conan.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
サンデー No.36
表紙 : 浜辺美波
卷頭 : switch
C : 天野
Issue 36:
Lead CP: Switch
CP: Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Issue 35 Cover

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
The writeup for this week is gonna be late, but I have a thing I'd like you all to vote on if at all possible. I dunno if you can vote on twitter polls if you don't have an account (if not then I guess just let me know or somethin?) I'm trying to retool the blog so it's a little easier/more interesting to read and I'd like your input, since most of the hits come from MH.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Finally a statement from Fujiko. Chrono Magia is put on indefinite hiatus due to health reasons.
Ah so it was a RYOKO like situation. A real shame that this keeps happening....I hope Dousei (and Mitsuhashi) recover soon.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States

Finally a statement from Fujiko. Chrono Magia is put on indefinite hiatus due to health reasons.
Darn, that's sad. Although I wasn't big on having a series mainly to promote an app in the magazine, I really don't want another illness-related hiatus. Here's to a speedy recovery for the author!

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue#35

I decided to change things up just a little bit (it's probably not noticeable at all, but.) with this week's entry and avoid summarizing/outright translating as much as possible. Let me know if it works for you all!

An interview with switch's mangaka Atsushi Namikiri was published on a Japanese basketball site:
https://basketballking.jp/news/japan/20180725/80312.html

Came with two photos of Namikiri directly, guess that means he is not one of the more camera-shy mangaka :D
Ooh I wish I had known about this when writing, as I would have translated some of it.

But essentially, Namikiri-sensei settled on basketball when he discussed what kind of manga he should draw with his editor and they settled on Basketball. The reason why he didn't choose soccer or something else is that he vividly remembers Basketball being the one sport he was okay at in school. (He does remember vividly being pretty sucky at soccer, lol.) In school he was the one who was good at drawing and doodled often in his textbooks during his free time, which ultimately lead him to becoming a mangaka. Not surprisingly when asked what was hard about drawing the manga, Namikiri answered that nothing was particularly hard about drawing the sport itself, but scenes where there are many people do give him trouble. Also he served as an assistant to Fujimaki and Furudate, apparently so he's gotten good at drawing gyms. He hasn't really decided on where to go with the story despite drawing an american team in the first chapter's color spread, and is just taking it as he goes along. Maybe I'll do a proper translation for the blog at some point, hmm.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Geez, I hope they try to push him somehow. Sports manga market is really strange for me, I never got why some solid series make it and others don't, sometimes series that I was sure would hit (Kiss and Cry) just fail and series that I though wouldn't make it (Harigane Service) are actually surviving.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Also he served as an assistant to Fujimaki and Furudate
Oho, interesting. Always nice to hear about the assistant history of a mangaka (if they have any, but most do).

A Furudate endorsement on the switch volume 1 wrapper sure would be nice :cheez

Status
Not open for further replies.