Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2

Maxy Barnard

Scanlator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United Kingdom
This guy gets it! Daiku's gotta be approaching 100 chapters and 2 years of serialization by now, right? Wouldn't surprise me if it'd get the lead color page when that happens (along with the announcement of an anime adaptation lol)
It’s closer to two years than it is 100 chapters because of breaks but really at this point it feels scarily likely. Which I mean’ll please me but I’m pretty much the only fan of that dang series.

Serinox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Imperium of Mankind
This guy gets it! Daiku's gotta be approaching 100 chapters and 2 years of serialization by now, right? Wouldn't surprise me if it'd get the lead color page when that happens (along with the announcement of an anime adaptation lol)
Yes, Daiku premiered in Sunday #21/2017 on April 19th, 2017.

Out of interest, I looked up the old blogpost for that issue:
This feels the most Sunday ish of all the new series --slow slice of life, so I can see it sticking around.
Yeah, and sticking around it certainly did...

Btw, out of interest, I looked it up and decided to go for a little flashback: Daiku's serialization round was the one where they imitated Jump and gave us 6 new series: Tenshou no Quadrable, Evans, Daiku, Youkai Giga, King of Idol and Meteor Girl. Three of them are gone, with Quadrable and Meteor meeting a pretty fast end at 38 & 34 chapters, while K.O.I. stuck around for 61 chapters.

Meteor Girl's Reach Ishiyama hasn't really appeared again after Meteor Girl ended. Their last Twitter post is from February 16, 2018, promoting the final volume of Meteor Girl.

Quadrable's Takahiro Arai has of course found new success with drawing Detective Conan's Amuro spin-off, which probably will keep him busy for a long time. Which is, quite frankly personally in my opinion, even as a gigantic Detective Conan fan, very sad, because ZTT in my eyes is boring waste of magazine pages, and his time could be better spent with another cool series like Qudarable. At least he brings his art style to some of the minor Conan cast, which - even though Aoyama edits his storyboards - is easily distinguishable from Aoyama's own art style, so at least it's something nice to look over... I guess? But hey, it is good for the magazine and the higher-ups will probably be grateful to Arai in one way or the other...

King of Idol's Tamiki Wakaki, of previous Sunday fame for "The World Only God Knows", is still very active on Twitter. Incidentally, the posted yesterday:

Roughly, "Once I'm home, I'll draw the manuscript", if I'm not gravely mistaken. Maybe preparing something new for Sunday? Haven't really looked their entire Twitter through, so I dunno how serious that post is and what the context is :D

cody

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Joker
Yes, Daiku premiered in Sunday #21/2017 on April 19th, 2017.

Out of interest, I looked up the old blogpost for that issue:

Yeah, and sticking around it certainly did...

Btw, out of interest, I looked it up and decided to go for a little flashback: Daiku's serialization round was the one where they imitated Jump and gave us 6 new series: Tenshou no Quadrable, Evans, Daiku, Youkai Giga, King of Idol and Meteor Girl. Three of them are gone, with Quadrable and Meteor meeting a pretty fast end at 38 & 34 chapters, while K.O.I. stuck around for 61 chapters.

Meteor Girl's Reach Ishiyama hasn't really appeared again after Meteor Girl ended. Their last Twitter post is from February 16, 2018, promoting the final volume of Meteor Girl.

Quadrable's Takahiro Arai has of course found new success with drawing Detective Conan's Amuro spin-off, which probably will keep him busy for a long time. Which is, quite frankly personally in my opinion, even as a gigantic Detective Conan fan, very sad, because ZTT in my eyes is boring waste of magazine pages, and his time could be better spent with another cool series like Qudarable. At least he brings his art style to some of the minor Conan cast, which - even though Aoyama edits his storyboards - is easily distinguishable from Aoyama's own art style, so at least it's something nice to look over... I guess? But hey, it is good for the magazine and the higher-ups will probably be grateful to Arai in one way or the other...

King of Idol's Tamiki Wakaki, of previous Sunday fame for "The World Only God Knows", is still very active on Twitter. Incidentally, the posted yesterday:

Roughly, "Once I'm home, I'll draw the manuscript", if I'm not gravely mistaken. Maybe preparing something new for Sunday? Haven't really looked their entire Twitter through, so I dunno how serious that post is and what the context is :D
I'm glad we got Evans out of the failed 6 serialization round attempt.

I'm happy for Takahiro Arai because ZTT is a huge financial success and he will make a lot of money from it. I don't like the easy cash in spin-off route the magazine is taking, but Sunday desperately needed something to replace Magi in terms of success.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
United States
Beat me to posting my own tweet, lol. Though I guess that means you're a fan which is a good thing. You know I'm excited for Fukuchi's new series though the panels here really make it seem like a rom-com which is one of my most loathed genres. (Not to mention we have enough in Sunday as is....) Though Saike started out as something different than Fukuchi's past series and while it remained kinda different the whole way through it still changed into what Fukuchi's good at --weird battles with odd powers. I'm all for him trying new things, but I dun wanna rom-com. (I'll probably translate it regardless though, hahah...I'm such a Fukuchi fanboy.)

This was at the end of Saike's final volume which I bought along with RYOKO 2 & 3. Volume 3 ended with last week's chapter and the preview for volume 3 spoils the next chapter. I've never, ever seen this happen before. It's all pretty crazy but it's clear they're trying to keep the series relevant even after the long hiatus. I hope it works, I really do. RYOKO has been amazing lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)