Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Talkback up. Much more managable now that I've slimmed things down to about 90 minutes per thread rather than almost 3 hours. I wonder if we'll get a new serialization round after the last short series runs (even though we have more than enough room now?) I really hope so...

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
OLM 100% nailed the 1st episode of Komi-san, everything was perfect, if they can keep this through the entire anime, it will be amazing.

Serinox

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Issue #46/2021 Cover, featuring Detective Conan for the release of Volume 100. This is the part of a double illustration, so the cover of Issue #47/2021 will be combinable with this one.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Finally some food.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ah. That explains it.
The end of a era for Sunday, Ichihara did a good job, picked Sunday at the worst and was able to rebuild the magazine, it wasnt perfect for sure, but Sunday is a much more coherent magazine because of him and he will at least go out being the responsible for a new big hit like Frieren.

That said, i wonder what was going on behind the scenes, a weekly magazine going pratically a full year without properly releasing new series was questionable to say the least and against Ichihara own motto, i wonder if this choice put him in hot waters with Shogakukan considering the 5 new series rumour right after he steps down, but well, like said, he did the job and will be part of Sunday history i believe as a positive turning point, wish him the best!

Excited to see what the new EiC will do, i dont want to get my hopes up but Sunday definitely needs some new blood and a EiC that understands the potential of anime adaptations in the current age in the way Shonen Magazine do, they're doing great with the animes, even Shonen Champion is investing in more anime adaptations, Sunday has some really good potential to be sucessful too.

Torca

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Shonen Sunday Grand Prix 2021 (Fall) oneshots preview with a note that 5 new series will start from 1st issue of the new year.

One of the new series is from the past Shonen Sunday Grand Prix 2021 (Spring) and well I most likely know what it is...
Looks like it's Radio Boy and M16 Girl.

Personally, loved it. If you wanna get a glimpse of what's waiting for us check the oneshot. Posting it below.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
crossing fingers that one of the veteran new series is from Yellow Tanabe

pls new eic bossman