Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021) | Page 139 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue #6 editorial

No excuse other than just not being motivated to write it. Hopefully RYOKO and Shinya Misu's new work will reignite the fire!

Serinox

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Not surprisingly it's mostly Conan and Takahashi stuff but man....I love this.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No confirmation that Hidenori Yamaji will be working on another manga at the end of Marry Grave.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

Issue 7/2019 ToC:

Undine of the Desert World (New series, CP)
Detective Conan: Zero's Tea Time
Amano Megumi
Maiko-san
After the Five Minutes (CP)
Fire Rabbit
Aozakura
Anonatsu 1959
Switch (CP)
Imouto Rireki
Souboutei
Komi-san
Detective Xeno
Be Blues!
Tonikaku Kawaii
Marry Grave (Fin)
Zettai Karen Children (CP)
Touken Ranbu The Movie (Special manga part 2 of 3)
Kimi wa 008
Maoujou de Oyasumi
Birdmen
Lies of Sheriff Evans
Hatsukoi Zombie
Daiku no Hatou
Memesis
Chrono Magia
Youkai Giga
Tokachi Hitoribocchi

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue #7 features

Man Undine is....a thing. I think I kind of like it though, so I hope it does well. Ano Natsu got a little better this week too so overall the features section was fun to write. I started this blog with issue seven in 2017 so here we are two years later with issue 7 of 2019. It's been crazy slowly becoming the advocate for Sunday but I couldn't have made it without all of you. I hope you'll keep reading and watching this mag with me for this year and hopefully many more~

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Issue #7 features

Man Undine is....a thing. I think I kind of like it though, so I hope it does well. Ano Natsu got a little better this week too so overall the features section was fun to write. I started this blog with issue seven in 2017 so here we are two years later with issue 7 of 2019. It's been crazy slowly becoming the advocate for Sunday but I couldn't have made it without all of you. I hope you'll keep reading and watching this mag with me for this year and hopefully many more~
As always, thanks for your hard work.

Man, I thought Undine will be more.. dramatic? Adventurous? Still, I absolutely think it was adorable and have something in itself that will make it a thing. My man Misu will make it happen.

I don't like the wording in TOC from Yamaji.. Hoping he comes back but this sounds like he'll try somewhere else which ia a big shame.

kengai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Issue #7 features

Undine reminds me a little bit of magi. I think out of the new bunch Fire Rabbit is the one that caught me interest.

Farewell Sawyer, you will be greatly missed. The absence of that "look forward to the author's next work" message was another downer. Sunday, please give Yamaji another chance.

About the Touken Ranbu thing. I think the three chapters in WSS are only a teaser and you have to buy the volumes for the whole story. Maybe they want to avoid too many spoilers as well, because the manga is probably an 1:1 adaption of the movie plot. Which would explain why it doesn't really bother much with character introduction and exposition.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
As always, thanks for your hard work.

Man, I thought Undine will be more.. dramatic? Adventurous? Still, I absolutely think it was adorable and have something in itself that will make it a thing. My man Misu will make it happen.

I don't like the wording in TOC from Yamaji.. Hoping he comes back but this sounds like he'll try somewhere else which ia a big shame.
I was thinking that too, but to be fair it did say it's a pure love comedy in the teasers and had no indication of being anything more than that. So I guess we were kind of suckered in by the setting of the series. Still it's pretty fun so far.

Undine reminds me a little bit of magi. I think out of the new bunch Fire Rabbit is the one that caught me interest.

Farewell Sawyer, you will be greatly missed. The absence of that "look forward to the author's next work" message was another downer. Sunday, please give Yamaji another chance.

About the Touken Ranbu thing. I think the three chapters in WSS are only a teaser and you have to buy the volumes for the whole story. Maybe they want to avoid too many spoilers as well, because the manga is probably an 1:1 adaption of the movie plot. Which would explain why it doesn't really bother much with character introduction and exposition.

Ahhh yeah that would totally make sense. I hope that Ogaki and Yamaji end up in the magazine soon. For new series, I'd say Undine is the one that interests me the most, but frreal it's RYOKO that I'm craving. With the effort Shoggy is putting into revamping the series I'm really hoping they're not just bringing it back to end it. Though whether this is the case or not is up in the air.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hey everyone, I've decided in an effort to make the blog a little easier to read to move news and other shounen sunday things to another twitter account here. @wsstalkback.

I'll start posting things I find there on issue #10 so I can kind of prepare and figure out what the hell I'm doing. Hope you'll follow me when you get a chance!

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Looks like Hata is going around bookstores and is taking photos with fans, who are buying the new volume. Nice to see his continued effort to appeal to the fans.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like Hata is going around bookstores and is taking photos with fans, who are buying the new volume. Nice to see his continued effort to appeal to the fans.

Hata might actually be the king of fan relations at this point. Dude really hustles

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

He has done that ever since the first volume came out.

he basically goes to the main 6 bookstores (that have the bookstores exclusive) in Akihabara for fan meet-up and I'm pretty sure he just goes there because he just wants to.

He also print out postcards and gave them out to fans.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue #7 editorial.

As mentioned before I'm moving my Blog operations to another twitter account, so I may stop posting the links to the blog here just so I'm not clogging up the forum with them. So after issue 9 I'll quit doing this. If you have twitter or even a little free time please feel free to hit me up there.

TanisKa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Shoseki Ranking, January 18th:

07. Tonikaku Kawaii #04
15. Zettai Karen Children #53
50. Eiga Touken Ranbu #01
64. Detective Conan Secret Archives Shiho Miyano/Sherry/Ai Haibara
90. Karakuri Circus Deluxe Edition #09
91. Karakuri Circus Deluxe Edition #10
95. Gofun Go no Sekai #03
120. switch #03
171. Tantei Xeno to Nanatsu no Satsujin Misshitsu #04
365. Marry Grave #04

Also
349. switch #01
350 switch #02

Sheep1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shoseki Ranking, January 18th:

95. Gofun Go no Sekai #03
120. switch #03

Also
349. switch #01
350 switch #02
Am I right in saying the new volumes for Gofun and Switch are doing much better than their previous volumes? If so does anyone know the estimate sales for the newest volume releases?

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Am I right in saying the new volumes for Gofun and Switch are doing much better than their previous volumes? If so does anyone know the estimate sales for the newest volume releases?

first of all, I would like to say that relative position doesn't really matter unless it is by a huge margin...
also in the long run, legs matter more than initial sales, (especially for the lower end of the spectrum)

with that said,

First day

Switch vol. 1 & 2
142 9784091284006 switch  小学館 波切敦 2018.11.16
160 9784091285690 switch  小学館 波切敦 2018.11.16

Gofun Vol 2
104 9784091285751 5分後の世界 2 小学館 福田宏 2018.11.16

Gofun Vol. 1
86 9784091283993 5分後の世界 1 小学館 福田宏 2018.9.18

estimates for latest volume will come next week (~Tuesday)

Status
Not open for further replies.