Favorites What are your favourite openings/endings ?

Anera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
France
I'm a bit surprised a thread like that doesn't exist yet (if it does, I'm sorry, just remove it, moderators :sweatbunny) so here it is.

What are your favourite openings/endings ? We can like an anime but it's not always the same regarding its openings/endings. So, some of them stand out more.

Here are some of my favourites :

It's catchy and it fits the thirties time. Sometimes, they just use a pop song as usual, so that exception was gladly accepted. :^_^

[video=vimeo;48613629]https://vimeo.com/48613629[/video]

Dear Future is a great song, I still listen to it from time to time. The second ending is a very moving one. But Mawaru Penguindrum has a lot of songs, these ones are just the beginning.

And those who have seen me in the SPoT sub-forum won't be surprised by this one :smile-big

There are a lot of openings/endings I really love but for now, it's your turn ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TrienDarkform

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Canada

Anera

Country
France
Yeah, I saw it but as you said, it's more about animation than songs. Btw, there is also this thread but at first, I thought it was only about soundtracks but I didn't see the message in green on the first post before. :sweatbunny

If a moderator could tell if it must be removed...

TrienDarkform

Country
Canada
Well, one could make the argument that a good OP/ED is the sum of its parts, both the music and animation, if we wanted to make this thread about that... :)

Nii

Administrator
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
Yeah, I saw it but as you said, it's more about animation than songs. Btw, there is also this thread but at first, I thought it was only about soundtracks but I didn't see the message in green on the first post before. :sweatbunny

If a moderator could tell if it must be removed...
It's just fine as it is, good idea :)

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Country
United States
This is my first contribution to this thread :).

The OP is from one of my favorite anime series. The song is very sweet and the OP makes a great job:

1) Giving you clues about the story (important clues with great meaning behind them that you can only understand after watching the series)

2) And introducing the main characters.

Anera

Country
France
I've never watched Clannad but the song is really beautiful. :blush

An old one this time :

But I have to warn you : never begin to read this manga, you'll be frustrated because there is no end. :crying

Philia

Country
Joker
Clannad after story is really touching. You should watch it if you have time.

Clannad ending- Dango Daikazoku. I'll admit, I really didn't like this childish song at first, but as the series progressed, I started to like it.

destiny4ever

Country
United States
I've never watched Clannad but the song is really beautiful. :blush
You should definitely watch Clannad, Anera-chan! :) It is a wonderful anime.

Hello Philia~

Thank you so much for posting that ED! :wtf It is one of my favorite ED as well. Listening to the song totally reminded me of the last EP of Clannad After Story. So of course, I need to post this OP :^_^:

Machi-tan

Country
United States
Let me just... add my input.

Openings:​

Soul eater was one of my favorites back in the day, Excalibur ... be mine:

Gangsta's Opening was hellishly catchy. I was humming that tune at random when i first heard it.

Endings:

Why an Avi like this... must we ask?!

destiny4ever

Country
United States

Openings:​
Soul eater was one of my favorites back in the day, Excalibur ... be mine:
Hello Machi-tan~

Thank you for posting that OP! :) SE was one of my favorite anime series, too bad there were other seasons of the anime. Here is one of my favorite ED from that series:

Machi-tan

Country
United States
Hello Machi-tan~

Thank you for posting that OP! :) SE was one of my favorite anime series, too bad there were other seasons of the anime. Here is one of my favorite ED from that series:

Haha! You won't believe how close i was to posting that ED also, but i wanted to do 1 per series.

I know right? It's a shame they didn't finish the show like the manga. The blue ray openings and endings were amazing though. Music composition they pull together in some of these series amaze me.

Anera

Country
France
You should definitely watch Clannad, Anera-chan! :) It is a wonderful anime.
You're not the first to suggest it, I'll probably give a try. :)

The second opening of Soul Eater brings back memories. :blush

destiny4ever

Country
United States
Haha! You won't believe how close i was to posting that ED also, but i wanted to do 1 per series.
Great minds think alike! :hi5 I was also a Maka x Soul fan :wtf so that is another reason why I like that ED.

I know right? It's a shame they didn't finish the show like the manga. The blue ray openings and endings were amazing though. Music composition they pull together in some of these series amaze me.
The music was awesome, I agree. I watched the first season of SE and a couple of episodes of the second season, I stopped watching when they started deviating a lot from the manga. BTW, did the manga end already?

You're not the first to suggest it, I'll probably give a try. :)
Glad to read that! :)

The second opening of Soul Eater brings back memories. :blush
Were you also a fan of SE?

Machi-tan

Country
United States
Great minds think alike! :hi5 I was also a Maka x Soul fan :wtf so that is another reason why I like that ED.

The music was awesome, I agree. I watched the first season of SE and a couple of episodes of the second season, I stopped watching when they started deviating a lot from the manga. BTW, did the manga end already?

Yep! A good ending in my eyes. You should get caught up if you have the time/interest.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Shigatsu wa Kimo no Uso OP

[video=vimeo;134354463]https://vimeo.com/134354463[/video]

Still one of the best OPs ever in my eyes, hands down. I just love it so much :wtf
I never knew this manga had an anime... i feel dumb.

TrienDarkform

Country
Canada
Why an Avi like this... must we ask?!
Fuyukai desu!

Not only is it a nice song, but thematically it's quite neat too (see unedited TV-size version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqc_YNOGDE8) Everybody's walking leftwards, except Mirai's just standing there looking left, with her hand outstretched (the one with the bandage, no less); then she looks sadly downwards. At the very end, she looks up in surprise and smiles, because Akihito's there. The shadow is rolled back, and he reaches his hand towards her... though if you freeze frame it and look closely, you'll see flashes of the hand of some of the other characters (also some other hands at the very beginning too).

Edit: Since the OP's I posted earlier were from the 90's... some more recent favourites:

Throwing in an ED:

Inspirational song, befitting the theme of the anime, and short little sequence that well captures the wackiness of this crazy lovable cast of artists.

And one more OP:
One of my favourite OP songs of all time (Kiseki no Umi still at the top though :P), and some gorgeous animation.

Nii

Administrator
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
Something more mainstream, maybe

Prolly my favourite Bleach OP, the song and the video just flow so well together.

I never knew this manga had an anime... i feel dumb.
You should watch it at some point, it's a really good adaption :p

The ending of Magi Puella Madoka Magica (I didn't find the true ending so here is the music video) :
Yep the ending for Madoka Magica was great :nod

Erinyes

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
The Wall
Oh great thread :zomg !

Love those endings :

Samurai Champloo : Shiki no Uta :zomg

Gintama : Speed of Flow (Elizabeth epicness)

HxH 2011 : Just Awake :awe

this one is priceless, Arakawa under the Bridge

Love also Magia (Kalafina) mentionned above. As for openings, Ergo proxy Kiri (RIP Manglobe :scry) is still on top with Bleach's Ranbu no Melody & Lain's Duvet (Bôa).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)