Discussion - What did you eat today? - Cooking Corner Hangout | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What did you eat today? - Cooking Corner Hangout

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oohh that honestly sounds good Brandy! Quick and effective

Mhn, it's getting more popular here lately! Would definitely recommend, but watch out for the super sweet ones if that's not what you like (since a lot of them have added so much added sugar)

I do avoid soya, but theres coconut milk yoghurt, taste is much better and yep its healthy, i too tend to add muesli and nuts on it.

I don't like sweet yoghurt either.

I been eating eggs for breakfast before work lately. I prep them on a Sunday, put 15-18 eggs in sous vide, then give them a quick fry when I want them. Add some avo or something, and make a smoothie. It's quick and I kinda enjoy it, for now :XD
oh when i have breakfast at my parents home, we always have eggs and they do sometimes avocado smoothie too lol

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
ah I dont like too strong taste. too sweet or too salty. makes me dizzy. so thanks for the warning :D

oh, coconut milk yoghurt exists too?! didnt know :XD must try it too:3

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Aaaah, would love to try something like that Erin!! Coconut yoghurts seems like heaven. Haven't seen one of those around here (just things like icecream with a coconut milk base rather than normal milk).
Thank you for the tip! :blush

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Made sambal matah a la Kiki today. I think it's a bit too sweet, should have put more salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar instead of 2.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Made sambal matah a la Kiki today. I think it's a bit too sweet, should have put more salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar instead of 2.
What's the recipe you use? :zomg Have to try your sambal one day

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
onion, garlic, leek, red chili pepper, green chili pepper, cayenne pepper -> all chopped + salt, sugar. stir-fry with margarine :nod
Sounds yummy :blush

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
active in cooking again after hiatus :blush idk, cooking makes me happy 😌

some of the dishes I made in last days are tofu+broccoli+champignon stir-fry, sambal tomat (tomato sambal), and salted egg sauce. They are satisfying <3

have a lot of ingredients in the fridge now. gotta be more creative and experimental

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
sambal tomat (tomato sambal),
Ah, sambal tomat... The only sambal my weak tongue can tolerate... Tastes like paprica, the combinations of spiciness, sweetness, and a bit of sourness...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Ah, sambal tomat... The only sambal my weak tongue can tolerate... Tastes like paprica, the combinations of spiciness, sweetness, and a bit of sourness...
ahaha sambal is so dangerous :XD I used to like spicy sambal but as I get old I dont like the super spicy one anymore. Always had a runny nose. And after I got gastric ulcer in 2014, I kinda avoid sambal. What makes it spicy is cayenne pepper (cabai rawit). Mine doesn't use a lot of it. Only 3 for a big portion :D

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Grilled coral trout, with the skin on; and a salad that was made directly from my mates garden (the olive oil, salt and pepper excluded). Very refreshing after some low quality food days.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Strawberries desserts are pure bliss !

Waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. Not home made tho. home made whipped cream si so much better. that said that was great.

I do sometimes add mango sorbet or pineaple/coconut ice cream on hot waffles + whipped cream.

Last edited:

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Had this thing today. And...holy fuck was it spicy. It's the spiciest thing I have ever eaten. I love spicy and hot food but I thought this was just way too much even for me. Had a hard time tolerating it.

Runny nose? - Yes
Tears rolling down your cheeks? - Yes
Mouth on fucking fire? - Yes
Is it spicy? - Hell yes

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
It's been a while since the last time I ate pecel (Indonesian salad with peanut sauce) :tss

Grandma gave me pecel sauce the other day, so I decided to make pecel today. The veggies are long beans, vegetable hummingbirds, and soybean sprouts. Also I fried some crispy tempe (soybean cake) and chicken.

Was heaven :blai

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I've just quite recently found the joys of tempeh. It's delicious just fried crispy in sesame oil and with bit of soy, ginger and garlic.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
mom made tongue steak and I made potato wedges. the tongue is tender, the sauce tastes really great and the wedges are fried just right. best combination

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That tongue :hurr

No seriously, beef tongue is a goodie, sounds like a great meal.

Had the time to smoke some pork spare ribs today, roasted some veges to go with. Was happy with it.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ordered that Marghareta, among the best i ve tasted, lately i keep craving for them ( im probably among the very few ones who prefer simple toppings over too much stuff on my pizza)

I tried those 2 desserts yesterday (pics dont do justice) :zomg

this one is a cup of coffee, made out of chocolate inside theres a kind of tiramisu with wipped cream infused with coffee aroma. the spoon is out of chocolate too.

this is a tulip made out of chocolate too, inside theres a genoise with whipped cream and fruits, even the chocolate outside had some orange flavor. i did prefer this one over the 1st as i prefer fruity desserts, but i love how creative both are.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
No rice ready yet tonight, so I fried some mini potatoes. I think it's good to have variation sometimes. Also made soup (consists of pokchoi, champignon, prawn, fishballs, tomato) and crispy baby corn.