Discussion - What did you eat today? - Cooking Corner Hangout | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What did you eat today? - Cooking Corner Hangout

Riker

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Puri, Paneer, Potatoes.

Olive00

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
It was salad. I try to eat properly. I lost a little weight during quarantine in spring. I think it's because I had more time and I was more attentive to my nutrition. But at the end of the summer, I returned to my usual way of life, so I gained 4 kg. But now it's a lockdown, and I plan to monitor my diet again. I liked my body in the summer, I want it back. But it’s difficult when your family continuing eating cakes, burgers, pasta and you just look at that and think “I want it too”.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Made beef burgers tonight and they were dirty just how they should be. Ground steak/brisket patties with beef tallow and mustard, seasoned, grilled onions, bacon and cheese . A salad on the side to provide the grease and oil change. Good end to the week.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Made grilled cheese sandwich again on the stove, and I did much better this time. I used vegan cheese, but I need to find butter that's healthy/vegan. Kerry Irish Gold, methinks?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Matcha + cream cheese cake. It was super tasty.

By my step/half(?)grandmother.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Went with some friends to a Lebanese restaurant, the day before yesterday. I really loved the food. ordered this rice and vegetables ( those veggies were so great, the rice had cinnamon aroma) falafels, the kind of steaks were veggies made of lentils i think ( i dont remember the name), baba ghanoush ( this kind of spiced mashed egplants :zomg ) I really enjoyed the food there, and owners were really kind and patient with us ( we had hard times deciding what to eat, and they even gave us some extra vegetables that remained after they served us) then we went to eat a crepe in another place but i forgot to take a pic :arf

And yesterday i got those vegetables from my parents garden :zomg (they really have planted plenty of stuff (tomatoes, onions, beetroots etc.) and im desperately waiting for figs :wtf

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My parents have this baby-cherry tree in their garden, and it has only grown three cherries in total this year. Stole the last one, it's a bit more sour than store-bought cherries but really good :nod

Slaynoir

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I literally ate half a bar of easy melt dark chocolate brick heh.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I was craving for sushi, yesterday couldnt resist :arf , and for 1st time tried octopus and unakyu sushi ( eel sushi) those were out of the world ! ( i ve tried once fried eel maki rolls that were awesome too, but never in sushi format. And, I just order some bottles of watermelon juice and strawberries juice too :wtf

Slaynoir

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Besides some rice krispies and toast this morning, I've skipped lunch and will prolly skip any eating until supper? idk I've got time to decide.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

After reading about harems, incest and spamming trying to live up to expectations of being a master of bait....hard to say atm.

I vote eggpant.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
having a really good time :)

for lunch had udon + chicken katsu + curry + ebifurai + crispy kani nori 🤤

mom also made beef tongue dish which is my fav

made hotpot and wedges. such a strange combi haha

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
There is that tiny but so wonderful Japanese restaurant in my city, where they do Japanese dishes you never see in other typical Japanese restaurants, here, t they have only a couple of items in their menu, and mostly they change every week, except for okonomiyaki. Like last week they did Gyucurry Udon and Donbury Hitsumabushi ( and i missed it :gwah) I ordered, yesterday, there some Takoyaki (octopus balls), it's been years I haven't eaten them :zomg, they were so yummy ! Shrimp okonomiyaki, it was a thin one, I never ate one that thin , it was great but bc it was thin, it feels to me there was too much sauce upon, but it was really good. and an Azuki dorayaki ( kind of pancake filled of red beans paste)
Pics dont do justice, I ve taken them late yesterday, it was dark, and couldnt get any great ones :(

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
you are making me miss jp street foods they sell in events. pandemic go away shoo shoo

Made nasi goreng ikan asin and crispy chicken for brunch. Was so good

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
There's a new bubble tea shop in my place, so for the 1st time I went to try it :zomg I ordered mango/coconut with tapioca pearls, and my friend went for the lychee green tea, both were great, but i liked better the lychee.

We ordered those cakes too one is oreo flavored the other black sesame ( they do strawberry, mango, matcha, but only oreo and black sesame were left , sadly otherwise i would have gone for a fruity flavor).
Oreo is nice but nothing special but the black sesame was the best, not to sweet, with a subtil flavor i didnt expect, i really loved it !

Seemingly, the cakes are handmade (pics below are from their social media) :zomg

and i want to taste those :awe