what do you think of the HK-subbed episodes? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

what do you think of the HK-subbed episodes?

HK-47

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
just a week ago, i didn't know a thing about one piece. after getting bored waiting for the next naruto chapter, i decided to download all the chapters of the OP manga (most of it from mangatraders, then i got the most recent ones here) up to 408. after a few chapters, i was hooked, and tore through the rest of the chapters in about 4 days. but of course that wasn't enough. now i want to see one piece in motion and in full color.so now i'm getting ready to download the OP anime episodes starting from the very first one (and probably skipping the fillers).

the problem is, the only copies of episodes 184-195 available are subbed by HK, which many people say are of poor quality. should i wait for K-F or another group to sub these episodes, or are the HK-subbed ones just fine? what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

ltphil

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
oh come on...... the hk subs aren't that bad........

it's ok if your new to one piece.......and you don't have to listen to those damn 4 kids dubs......

JoJoJO

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Campare to the othe subs that are out there they are terrible

jabbament

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
"Line-Impact Conch!" for the f-in' win.
How you get that from [Reject Dial], I will never understand.

And, I think they actually translated something like, "Worthless" or "Useless" into "Jesus"...no comment about that one.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
hk subs are horrible. They called Usopp (or yasopp) jesus, arlong is dragon and numerous other things. If you want to see the fights then it is okay because it doesnt really matter what they say if you read the manga but forget about it if you want the story

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Take it from me guys, I'm in Hong Kong. Before I found out I could download anime from the internet my friend bought HK-sub DVD's and they ULTIMATELY suck. How bad. Well, by the time I finished watching that 5th boxset of Naruto (that's like 120 something) I watched the continuation from ANBU-Fansubs, and then I noticed the strange differences between the translations. Thus I had to watch it FROM THE BEGINNING, AGAIN! And I finally realized that the HK Subs were SO bad they misled me into thinking this and that! And not only that, sometimes they DON'T put subs at some parts. That sucks even more, oh and Naruto wasn't the only one, FMA, Ranma 1/2 and many others and I nearly got the One Piece (but I download the K-F Fansubs instead) hahahaha!

ltphil

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
to save my pride.....i've checked my one piece eps.....

the name one them is for ep 1 "[H-K&AKUPX]_One_Piece_001_[44899E42].avi"

but it seems that this is just monkey shit......some douchebag thinks he's funny......

i've got the K-F subs.........no wonder that i'm happy with them...and couldn't understand why everyone talking shit about them.....

my mistake......sorry

HK-47

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
i guess that means i'll be waiting for K-F to finish subbing episodes 184+

thanks for the responses!

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
HK-47 said:
i guess that means i'll be waiting for K-F to finish subbing episodes 184+

thanks for the responses!
Yeah, be patient man, they're still encoding movie 5 woohoo!