Discussion - What do you want to see from the Nanatsu no Taizai sequel? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What do you want to see from the Nanatsu no Taizai sequel?

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I'd like to see Nakaba improve his knowledge on making feats more impressive, it honestly got extremely jarring towards the end of the manga when characters were doing feats on the same level as the BoS. I won't get my hopes up but I would like to see an improvement.

Now I'm gonna rant about this shit because it's actually annoying so if you want to read go ahead, if not then just say what you'd personally like to see from the sequel.

Ignoring the combined Sins attack, GLOXINIA still had feats in the same DC tier as the high tiers at the EoS. Example, Arthur's blast that put Cath out of commission for some time, Greatest Sun, Sighing Sage, and a few others only seem to be slightly above Gloxinia's Basquias. Adult King also never showed energy blasts on the same tier as Gloxinia which was extremely disappointing. Meliodas rage blast at less than 50k PL is still among the most impressive feats in the series.

Cutting the ground and leaving a ravine. This shit got tiring, the amount of characters that did this shit and it was supposed to be considered an impressive feat was just stupid. BoS Mel casually did that shit with a twig, why in the ever living fuck was CHANDLER performing feats less impressive than base Galand!!??

Stated time frames... were absolutely terrible in NNT. I don't think I've seen a manga this popular do a worse job at handling time-frames. EoS characters were seemingly slower than BoS characters. Seriously Nakaba wtf. In all honesty Zeldris should have been dead in that fight against Ludociel, he was knocked out for 0.8 seconds and it would still take a whole second after he regains consciousness for GOD to reactivate. These characters are massively faster than lightning timers!! 1.8 seconds should feel like an eternity. The fact that 0.8 seconds is considered a 'mere' amount of time is just ridiculous. This is essentially on the same level as BoS sins vs Dawn's Roar...

And even if you don't buy into Meliodas lightning timing and all the scaling from that, BoS King still has casual explosion timing feats, EoS characters, especially Zeldris, should be tens of hundreds of OOM higher than that.

There's also that time where Gowther states it would take Chandler 1 WHOLE SECOND to rebalance on the ground so he can use full counter a second time. Not only is this complete utter BS as IIRC Meliodas did this at the BoS against Gil's lightning but to suggest Chandler can't fight midair, needs a footing to use full counter, or can't just use his darkness wings to fly down or restablise is insane... There's more time related feats I could go on about but I cba.

What I can't understand is how inept Nakaba is when it comes to this stuff. Hasn't he already made a few manga in the past? I recently started Kongou Banchou and that series at least seems consistent so far... Are non of his editors telling him that maybe it's time to do something more impressive? Can he seriously not realise on his own that his EoS characters should be thousands of orders of magnitudes higher than their BoS counterparts based on scaling and the feats they make on eachother? You can make the argument of scaling and AP but you can only go so far showing the same amount of DC for all feats... and the speed feats are just... yeah...

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want Arthur to be a main character in the new story, and not like his secondary role in the prequel
I think there's a pretty big chance that he'll be the main character. If not, he'll at least be in the main group.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
How about, you know, the Supreme Deity? It should be about damn time we see her uttering a word or doing something relevant, even if she ends up having the same treatment as the Jobber King.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How about, you know, the Supreme Deity? It should be about damn time we see her uttering a word or doing something relevant, even if she ends up having the same treatment as the Jobber King.
I think she'll be in the sequel. Crazy that we barely got anything about her in the main series.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think she'll be in the sequel. Crazy that we barely got anything about her in the main series.
Hold on, let me quote Nakaba's reasoning for not introducing her:

"A: For Meliodas and Co the most important thing was to break the curse, so as long as she doesn't do anything, they have no reason to fight her. To be honest, I already drew a story about her, that I plan to publish in the future so please look forward to that!"

When I read this I just couldn't help but laugh my ass off. I mean, this right here is just absolutely horseshit IMO. The Supreme Deity was, along with the Demon King, the one who cursed the main protagonists and the main cause of their suffering. The reason Mel went on a 3000+ years journey was to break the curse, all the suffering they've had, the SD is just as responsible as the DK for it and you're trying to tell me that just because she didn't do anything more not only do they have no reason to fight her, but they can afford to act like she didn't even exist at all (she wasn't even mentioned by the end)? Yeah no. Even if he ends up writing something about her in the sequel, the SD should have appeared in the main series, even if it was only a mention, but it's absolutely mindblowing that until the very end all the protagonists (especially Mel and Eli) acted like she didn't even exist in the first place.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hold on, let me quote Nakaba's reasoning for not introducing her:

"A: For Meliodas and Co the most important thing was to break the curse, so as long as she doesn't do anything, they have no reason to fight her. To be honest, I already drew a story about her, that I plan to publish in the future so please look forward to that!"

When I read this I just couldn't help but laugh my ass off. I mean, this right here is just absolutely horseshit IMO. The Supreme Deity was, along with the Demon King, the one who cursed the main protagonists and the main cause of their suffering. The reason Mel went on a 3000+ years journey was to break the curse, all the suffering they've had, the SD is just as responsible as the DK for it and you're trying to tell me that just because she didn't do anything more not only do they have no reason to fight her, but they can afford to act like she didn't even exist at all (she wasn't even mentioned by the end)? Yeah no. Even if he ends up writing something about her in the sequel, the SD should have appeared in the main series, even if it was only a mention, but it's absolutely mindblowing that until the very end all the protagonists (especially Mel and Eli) acted like she didn't even exist in the first place.
Our saviour and true divinity lord Twigo-dono had more screentime and lines than the Supreme Absent in all of her "appearances" (if you can call them that). Who's the true God now?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The SD will definitely be an antagonist in the sequel. Nakaba preffered to save most of the Goddess stuff for the sequel. He even revealed that Nanashi was one in the last volume omake(or penultimate? I am not sure. Someone also posted an answer where he said he already wrote a story for her IIRC.

I want Arthur to be a main character in the new story, and not like his secondary role in the prequel
I think it's inevitable.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't think that the SD will be an antagonist in the sequel especially now that Chaos is free from the seal she & the DK created in the past! She may possibly be an ally to the main cast (mainly her grandson) to stand against the inevitable threat of Chaos.

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In love this series so I’ll be overly critical because I say these things with love.
I’d like to see many things, along with questions answered:
• Demon Realm & Celestial Realm explored slightly better
• Reasons given why some demons are human in appearance and vary massively (They are most likely indura hosts)
• The Supreme Diety actually play a part other than nap.
• Less mega hype, and more in depth battles (I was sick to death of certain characters getting killed off too soon or overhyped and one shot or off screened)
• Removal of power levels except maybe in data books.
• Where everyone’s unique powers come from exactly - god damn.
• I’d also like Death Pierce to actually do something since he’s turned into a hateful baddie now it seems.
• Giving character development to characters that don’t have plot armour and die. Like some (few) people Who died I felt I couldn’t really relate to a little so their death was virtually meaningless to me and was more just a show of character power (Gloxinia, Dolor, Cusack, Chandler, Peronia, the commandments, the original demon, Original Gowther holy hell.)
• More interesting one on one fights. I felt many fights where literal stomps or “my power is better than yours”. Some may disagree with that, but I liked the fights like ; everyone vs Mael, Merlin vs Cusack and Chandler, the early fights of the series like the planning Gelda had vs Meliodas. I don’t know, maybe drawing some inspiration from the Hunter x Hunter series and their fights would be kinda cool. It’s not an ability it’s how you use it sort of vibe. A little bit of cleverness in the fights wouldn’t go amiss.
• How the dickens are ST even made and why did Gelda and Jericho have some and then not use them? 😂 a few plot holes I think

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In love this series so I’ll be overly critical because I say these things with love.
I’d like to see many things, along with questions answered:
• Demon Realm & Celestial Realm explored slightly better
• Reasons given why some demons are human in appearance and vary massively (They are most likely indura hosts)
• The Supreme Diety actually play a part other than nap.
• Less mega hype, and more in depth battles (I was sick to death of certain characters getting killed off too soon or overhyped and one shot or off screened)
• Removal of power levels except maybe in data books.
• Where everyone’s unique powers come from exactly - god damn.
• I’d also like Death Pierce to actually do something since he’s turned into a hateful baddie now it seems.
• Giving character development to characters that don’t have plot armour and die. Like some (few) people Who died I felt I couldn’t really relate to a little so their death was virtually meaningless to me and was more just a show of character power (Gloxinia, Dolor, Cusack, Chandler, Peronia, the commandments, the original demon, Original Gowther holy hell.)
• More interesting one on one fights. I felt many fights where literal stomps or “my power is better than yours”. Some may disagree with that, but I liked the fights like ; everyone vs Mael, Merlin vs Cusack and Chandler, the early fights of the series like the planning Gelda had vs Meliodas. I don’t know, maybe drawing some inspiration from the Hunter x Hunter series and their fights would be kinda cool. It’s not an ability it’s how you use it sort of vibe. A little bit of cleverness in the fights wouldn’t go amiss.
• How the dickens are ST even made and why did Gelda and Jericho have some and then not use them? 😂 a few plot holes I think
Good points. Although to answer just a few in case it helps

Demons just look different because of their different genetics and or subspecies. The human looking ones aren’t necessarily Indura hosts as Melascula cannot use it for example.

As for where magic powers come from, they awaken either as a result of a person’s personality of beliefs, Hendrickson for example. Or they’re genetic like the giant clan for instance.

Also gelda and jericho didnt have sacred treasures. They had weapons that were in sacred treasure class, but the weapons themselves aren’t actual sacred treasures. It’s kinda like the heroes relics and the regular relics from Three Houses if you’ve ever played that game.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
More interesting one on one fights. I felt many fights where literal stomps or “my power is better than yours”.
This is definitely a big Nakaba problem. Just finished reading Kongou Banchou the other day (loved it, quite an enjoyable read) but the MC just walks through most of his fights, even when it seems like he's losing he'll stomp regardless.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
While the series definitely lacks a lot in terms of DC feats but there's actually SD who created the Celestial realm with a sun(star) in it which powered Mael's grace
Making her and the relative God tiers and above at least Star level+ (yeah sounds wank and outlier, still just put it)

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While the series definitely lacks a lot in terms of DC feats but there's actually SD who created the Celestial realm with a sun(star) in it which powered Mael's grace
Making her and the relative God tiers and above at least Star level+ (yeah sounds wank and outlier, still just put it)
lol, I see this mentioned by wankers like AnimeFreak1 on Comic Vine. What chapter was the sun in the Celestial realm mentioned? I can't remember :/

And yeah DC sucks ass in NNT. Derieri combo star doing the same amount of DC as fucking Ruin. Ik the AP was a lot higher but give us something Nakaba.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
lol, I see this mentioned by wankers like AnimeFreak1 on Comic Vine. What chapter was the sun in the Celestial realm mentioned? I can't remember :/

And yeah DC sucks ass in NNT. Derieri combo star doing the same amount of DC as fucking Ruin. Ik the AP was a lot higher but give us something Nakaba.
I've known about this from IG tbh, also yeah there's a sun in the celestial realm that powered up Mael's grace otherwise it won't have worked

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've known about this from IG tbh, also yeah there's a sun in the celestial realm that powered up Mael's grace otherwise it won't have worked
Well hopefully the SD is more impressive than the DK!