What kind of fruit would you like Coby to have? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What kind of fruit would you like Coby to have?

TheLuffySmile

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Exactly what the headline says, Coby has gotten his hands on a fruit post-timeskip, what kind of fruit would you like him to have obtained? My personal opinion: Rock/earth logia.
And yes, I would like Coby to be a beast without a DF just like his mentor as well, but if he now has gotten his hands on a fruit :super

Last edited:

Seafarer

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I wouldn't want him to have any, actually. If he is gonna be strong, then let it be the Garp way.

Besides, nostalgic though the beginning of the series might feel, we have yet to see Coby take the path of real strength in the story. I know there are many people out there who want him to become a major opponent of Luffy before the end, but let's be honest the lad never weighed much. If anyone, so far it's Smoker who is shaping up to play for Luffy the role Garp played for Roger.
Personnally, I would prefer Cobby to become a force that will change the Marine from within, in the continuity of what he did at the HQ war. Not Luffy's relentless pursuer or a power-hungry DF user.

TheLuffySmile

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I changed the text a bit, Coby has gotten his hands on a DF, what kind would you like it to be?

And yes, it would be equally awesome if he's strong as hell without a DF. But I wanted to make this thread about him having gotten his hands on a DF :) ^

:ace

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I wouldn't want him to have any, actually. If he is gonna be strong, then let it be the Garp way.
I apologize but I have to agree with this post.
Coby being trained by Garp & all, I'd rather he became Admiral the Garp way.
(But not actually reject his Admiral offer lol).

I also want Coby to achieve the Admiral height lol. Like the towering height Borsalino, Sakazuki and Kuzan are.
I think Issho is as tall as they are too

TheLuffySmile

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Gaaah come on guys! I also want him to be a Garp-style fighter! But let's just say that he now has a df, what do you think would suit him? Come ooooooon!

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Before Rebecca, I wanted to see Coby get the Mera Mera no Mi. He's one of the few I think Luffy would be cool with having Ace's former fruit.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've got to agree.
At first, I wanted him to have the Fire Fruit.

But now that I saw Rebecca, I think she's going to be the one to get it.

Seafarer

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I also want Coby to achieve the Admiral height lol. Like the towering height Borsalino, Sakazuki and Kuzan are.
I think Issho is as tall as they are too
Eventually, we will learn that a secondary effect of Haki is that it acts as a permanent growth hormon: the longer you've been using it in your life, the taller you grow. Hence the gigantic size of every experienced fighter out there. :cheez

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Rebecca would be a poor fit for the fire fruit. Wasn't she bullied by that gladiator luffy beat before the tournament started? That being true has the direct implication that rebecca is on the hopelessly weak side of the scale. Heck, even if she had the strength luffy had pre time skip she would still be hopelessly weak....

Anyways, as far as coby goes I can't really imagine anything that would suit him. We have not seen that much of him to be fair. To a great extent people with abilities tend to have themes which go along with those abilities and sometimes ever personalities that fit them. Coby is pretty much a straightforward honest human being with no particular quirks so far.... I guess that if he has an ability it can't be something which stands out to much. I can't imagine him with the mera fruit.

TheLuffySmile

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Rebecca would be a poor fit for the fire fruit. Wasn't she bullied by that gladiator luffy beat before the tournament started? That being true has the direct implication that rebecca is on the hopelessly weak side of the scale. Heck, even if she had the strength luffy had pre time skip she would still be hopelessly weak....

Anyways, as far as coby goes I can't really imagine anything that would suit him. We have not seen that much of him to be fair. To a great extent people with abilities tend to have themes which go along with those abilities and sometimes ever personalities that fit them. Coby is pretty much a straightforward honest human being with no particular quirks so far.... I guess that if he has an ability it can't be something which stands out to much. I can't imagine him with the mera fruit.
Yeah I feel the exact same way, if Oda has given Coby a fruit when he is introduced post-timeskip, I would want it to be a rock/earth logia.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ha, I thought about a rock paramecia lol. A rock logia wouldn't work, rocks are pretty much solid. I guess he could be a rock logia if the rocks are large enough to be distinct from sand but that would be weird.

TheLuffySmile

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Ha, I thought about a rock paramecia lol. A rock logia wouldn't work, rocks are pretty much solid. I guess he could be a rock logia if the rocks are large enough to be distinct from sand but that would be weird.
Yeah haha that's true, I thought about that too. But since Aokiji's ice is also solid I still considered it a possibility. I also thought about a rock paramecia first, but then I thought, hmm, maybe a combination of dirt/rocks/wood: Earth Logia.
Maybe a Shizen Shizen no mi? (nature nature fruit)

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It could easily work. Aokiji's Ice just shatters as he reforms like the average Logia.
A Rock Logia user could function the same as Aokiji. He just wouldn't be as deadly.

A Glass Logia would work the same way as an Ice Logia too.

I guess... Coby could have a Paramecia but keep the concept basic.
Coby's not the type to have a complex fruit like Law, Bonney, Kuma, Bartolomeo, Issho etc.

MBVC

Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
Sound df for Coby!

Nah, it's all right if he has some type of zoan df like a bear or lion.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I hope that Coby does not have a devil fruit, and never gets one. I'd like it more if he used haki exclusively, like his mentor, Garp.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I would like Coby to have a Logia. The possible ones that come to my mind are:
  • Salt Salt Logia = pretty interesting one
  • Meteor Meteor Logia
  • Coal Coal Logia
  • Oil Oil Logia
  • Rainbow Rainbow Logia = pretty inoffensive fruit I guess so I would prefer an Okama to have it