1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Vote your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion What manhwa/manhua are you reading/planning to read?

Discussion in 'Manhwa and Manhua Cafe' started by phio_chan, Oct 9, 2011.

1. mup

mup Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    i would recommend

Tower of GOD
    Mercenary Maruhan
    Ultamate Legand Kang Hae hyo
    The Gamer
    The Breaker
    Feng shin ji
    divine bell
    the flow
    dice

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. BBB

BBB Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Monaco
    The only onw I read is tower of god.

I tried to like the gamer but it didn't deliver "the feels"

3. ProGoddess

ProGoddess MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Water Tribe
    I'm currently reading a few manhwa/manhua:-

Bride of the Water God - It has the legendary folklore settings which makes readers feel like they are in ancient times and very fairytale-like. I can imagine if it is an anime or live action show, it would have combined with ancient music, costumes, cultures and customs of the past. Additionally the drawings are very attractive, particularly the clothing which makes the characters look like fairies. It is like watching the traditional operas.

Cavalier of the Abyss - This is a manhwa that requires a lot of attention and imagination and has to be read after the first series, Immortal Regis. I have read the first one which was really good. However the second series has a "top-down" style of presenting the plot. Simply put, the story is told from the future and back to the present manner. Thus many get very confused with the story. Nevertheless it is still a good manhwa to read.

1/2 Prince - This was a novel written by a Taiwanese author, which was then adapted into a manhua. I have read all the novels which were completed. However the manhua is still ongoing. The plot sets in a future world that has surreal virtual reality games where players' five senses can be felt similarly to reality. If one gets hit, he/she can feel pain.

It took me a while to finish the novels but it was worth spending the time. I like the futuristic kind of story where virtual reality games exist. In addition, the story was very well written and the drawings (in the manhua) are very nice.

The Legend of Sun Knight - This is another manhua written by the same author as 1/2 Prince. It is a novel story that has been adapted to manhua. I like the nonsensical humour and "self-talks" of the characters that present the plot in a relaxing manner though the setting is in religions and gods. This is a "must-read" manhua and novel.

:super

4. Asarii

Asarii MH Senpai

Canada
    Right now I'm reading Tower of God, Noblesse and The Bride of the Water God for manhwa.

I've also started reading The Ravages of Time, which is the first manhua I've picked up. I've always been interested in The Three Kingdoms, and I heard that this series has a similar concept to it.

5. Jammin

Jammin Androssi Worshiper

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Mangahelper

United States
    I'm working my way through the new series on LINE Webtoon.

Next on my list is Sidekicks. Not sure what to expect. The art looks cool but with theme comedy series like this it's impossible to know if your going get a bunch of gags or a real story. I'll be hoping for the latter.

6. Asarii

Asarii MH Senpai

Canada
    I'm reading HIVE, The Gamer and Dead Days from the LINE Webtoon translations. I don't know why I picked up HIVE and Dead Days when they both freak me out. XD

7. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    I had stopped reading HIVE a while a go and recently picked it up again. It's a pretty great read just for the comments on LINE at the end of each chapter.

8. Yoichi Hiruma

Yoichi Hiruma Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    I am planning to read A Fairytale for the Demon Lord, it seems really awesome

9. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I started reading The Gamer, maybe I will restart TOG once I catch up. I am planning to read The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor too.

10. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

Brazil
    I caught up will Girls of Wild's and now I started reading The Gamer. I pick my webtoons at random, so I don't have any plans right now.

11. Holt

Holt GodMode

Global Moderator

Nigeria
    Currently read The Gamer and Need a girl . The gamer is really nice and it keeps getting better.
    Randomly started reading Need a girl but its pretty funny.

12. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

Brazil
    After catching up with The Gamer I decided to read Untouchable and I really enjoyed it. The art is incredbible, the main character is beautiful and the romance is very good as well, it is quite innovative IMO. I already caught up with it, it is getting better and better each chapter. After this I decided to read Dr. Frost and I'm finding it very interesting, principally the moments where Dr. Frost talks about aspects of psychology and how human act based on patterns. I also caught up with it and now I'm going to read Flow, a fantasy.

13. GOOMOONRYONG

GOOMOONRYONG Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Currently I am reading Red Storm and it is really cool you guys should check it out. The main character is the next head of his tribe and he comes across this powerhouse of a human named Noah who trains him. The story takes place in the desert and deals with the politics of leading a tribe/conducting war over resources, etc. The story also moves at a pretty fast pace which I enjoy.

14. Connorm2

Connorm2 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Well currently all caught up on many of them and really just love all of them!

Currently:
    Noblesse
    God of Highschool (Was great but the 17 year timeskip really ruined it for me)
    Tower of God
    Unordinary
    Lookisim
    The Gamer

Favorite of all: An eye for an eye (A must read). When karma hits the bad guys it hits them hard.

Jammin likes this.
  15. Jammin

Mangahelper

United States
    I haven't updated this in a while. So the series I'm currently following are..

• Tower of God (Which I'm loving more than ever right now.)
    • Noblesse
    • The Gamer
    • 4 Cut Hero (The funniest manhwa, or even comic in general, I'm reading right now.)
    • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
    • The Volcanic Age (Which is a really good newer murim series)
    • Märchen: The Embodiment of Tales (Provided any more chapters ever get translated)
    • Trinity Wonder (... I want Breaker back:emocat)

There are some other series I'm interested in or want to pick back up but those are the ones and reliably reading. Like I could see catching up on Red Storm and Magician at some point. Also Dark Air, City of the Dead Sorcerer, and HIVE.

16. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    I am reading Noblesse and Tower of God now.

Lady pompom, syx and Jammin like this.
  17. Lady pompom

Lady pompom aka Asia Run

Mangahelper

Brazil
    :feelsgoodman another soul for Manhwa forums.

I'm currently reading:
    Noblesse
    Tower of God
    Dragnarok
    The Gamer
    (ocasionally)

I've heard good coments about Legendary Moonlight sculptor and Feng Shen Ji, I'll probably read those later.

Arjuna and Jammin like this.
  18. shinobi

shinobi Registered User

Dragonstone
    I picked a random manhwa to read recently, Niflheim, and I like it, but the english chapters haven't been released for months so I'm disappointed :(

Lady pompom and Jammin like this.