Predictions What Was So Damn Funny?

Prxnce

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wanna take turns guessing what Roger, Oden and everyone was laughing about after they learned whatever they learned on Laugh Tale?

My guess:

Imu was hell bent on erasing history to cover an embarrassment that happened to him.​
He wet himself in front of the world at the fear Joy Boy's haki.​
He was so scared of JB he hid away and waited until JB's natural death to purge the world.​
Everything the WG has done is to hide the fact that a grown man, Imu p*ssed himself.​

Last edited:

McNuss

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The funny thing, irl is, that the treasure has been hidden in plain sight the whole time, Oda just managed to fool everyone the whole damn time.

In story, they aren't laughing cause of a joke. They are laughing out of pure joy.

When I found out, I laughed so hard I was bursting out in tears. Was in the middle of night, was honestly afraid my neighbors would call the police.

Listen, Oda isn't spending multiple decades just to tell a story. Not this story. This is a Bible, and Oda is preparing a message for the world.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Atleast we all can happy that even if Oda would die, McNuss already knows everything and will continue his work untik the end.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Atleast we all can happy that even if Oda would die, McNuss already knows everything and will continue his work untik the end.
Or you could start guessing why they laughed. Maybe some of you find out as well :)

The problem with all the theories is that they don't find out why Oda is even doing this.

Which is why all current theories fall short.

Also....

There is one more island... One more place that you can go. There is a mystery way bigger than even the One Piece.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Probably something that was ironic or regrettable

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Because when they got to laugh tale they just found a note that says "The real one piece is the friends we made along the way".

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Joyboy left a note saying, "we are all in a children manga." It caused so much depression, they laugh just to hide the pain. That Roger went and bang somebody and turn himself in for execution. While Rayleigh didn't even bother interfere and just become a drunk.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The funny thing, irl is, that the treasure has been hidden in plain sight the whole time, Oda just managed to fool everyone the whole damn time.

In story, they aren't laughing cause of a joke. They are laughing out of pure joy.

When I found out, I laughed so hard I was bursting out in tears. Was in the middle of night, was honestly afraid my neighbors would call the police.

Listen, Oda isn't spending multiple decades just to tell a story. Not this story. This is a Bible, and Oda is preparing a message for the world.
And what would it be according to you?

Hannibal Psyche

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'd guess what they found funny was the idea the Celestial Dragons think they can stop the idea of freedom.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Because when they got to laugh tale they just found a note that says "The real one piece is the friends we made along the way".
Fortunately, Oda has confirmed it's nothing like that. I love that he immediately threw water on the idea that One Piece is some schmultzy feel-good message about friends or love or bla bla bla.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's just a biggest fuck you to the reader

Literally a statue of a hand showing the middle finger

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
TBH I am kinda resigned to being disappointed. You have nearly 20 years worth of hype to a treasure in an island. I don't think it's possible to live up to that sort of hype. I suppose they will find a cave of wonders amount of gold and then a book with the history of joyboy or something.

Prxnce

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TBH I am kinda resigned to being disappointed. You have nearly 20 years worth of hype to a treasure in an island. I don't think it's possible to live up to that sort of hype. I suppose they will find a cave of wonders amount of gold and then a book with the history of joyboy or something.
That got me depressed af omg

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
it would be funny if it was an advertisement by Geico or something...
15 minutes could save you 15 years or more on your ship's insurance....

but otherwise i am puzzled... so much rests on the laughtale that i dont see how he can end it without being disappointing..

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
they were probably laughing at kkck's dumb posts :hmph

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
What if it's a book or murral depicting historical events with people of various people laughing at various events?
It would tie in with Robin's dream of learning the whole history?

The real history is there, while the DF might be under the WG protection. Hence why Imu was shown in a garden, it's a mimic to the Garden of Eden.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Taking the blackpill on One Piece of all things? For shame. Have a little faith lol. If you're too wrapped up in "the hype", that's your own problem as a consumer of media.

There's nothing conventional I can think of that brings reason to "we were too early" or "I wish I was born in your time" or the mysterious "it only has meaning 20 years from now" thing.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Taking the blackpill on One Piece of all things? For shame. Have a little faith lol. If you're too wrapped up in "the hype", that's your own problem as a consumer of media.

There's nothing conventional I can think of that brings reason to "we were too early" or "I wish I was born in your time" or the mysterious "it only has meaning 20 years from now" thing.
Lol. I suppose I am a tad jaded but on the other hand I can't think of anything that has even a fraction of the hype OP has for a fraction of the time that actually lived up to the hype. OP has been at this for over 20 years and this treasure is literally the series' name. Oda pulling this off in such a way as to actually live up to the hype would be an absurd accomplishment.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The timing is most likely related to the birth of the Mermaid Princess, which the Roger Pirates knew was not yet born.

The common theory is that the One Piece is the destruction of the portion of the Red Line below Mary Geoise, and all seas would unite in "one piece". This would bring freedom to the people, who now would be able to navigate across the world, but also due to the fall of the World Government. It would also result in the destruction of the Fishman Island, which Poseidon would be used to control the Sea Kings to pull Noah with all fish-men to the surface. The mysterious enormous tree would also be uncovered.